Ideas needed

I'm making an American Girl Outfit, complete with a knitting basket as part of a project for the County Fair of 2011. It is a crocheted long dress, hat, bloomers, and the crocheted basket.

I've made the basket, and rolled up balls of yarn, and was looking for help as to what to make Knitting needles out of for the basket. I even have a button that looks like a pair of scissors that I will put in the basket too.

Any ideas of what to put in the basket, knitting needles, etc. would be appreciated. They have to be the appropriate size for an American Girl Doll.

Thank you for your help.

Oh, and I could probably do a little knitting on the needles so that it looks like a knitting project in the works.

:manyheart

i don't know how big the dolls are so I might be way off base, but what about toothpicks with a wooden bead on one end? or plain toothpicks could be double-pointed needles. for something a little bigger, you could cut a bamboo skewer to the length you want. a long nail with a rounded head. i know I've seen miniature bamboo needles, that people use to make pins with a little bit of yarn, maybe at Hobby Lobby.

Thanks for all the good ideas. I plan on making one project a month for the fair. This way, I'm ready and not going crazy finishing a few projects the weekend before the fair.

:manyheart

You can buy very small dowels at craft stores or hardware stores.

You could sharpen them to a point in a pencil sharpener I bet. They would resemble knitting needles, but it would be nice to have a crochet hook in there, too.

If you have a husband I bet her could whittle one out for you in a dowel of appropriate size.

Archived