My new yarn bowl!

mclendon1

I’ve admired the pottery yarn bowls on Etsy, but could just see me or the kitties sending them crashing to the floor. I got this from Etsy seller WickwoodCreations; he’s going to be starting a line of wooden yarn bowls thanks to ME.

post-27033-135897568262_thumb.jpg

The opening is 6.5" wide x 3.5" deep. I decided against holes or a slit, as to not put extra tension on the yarn.

post-27033-135897568213_thumb.jpg

post-27033-135897568258_thumb.jpg

I guess I can be dense at times for I have wondered what a "yarn bowl" was but just never did check it out. So when I saw your post I decided to look. Boy am I glad I did. That is absolutely gorgeous. I guess I will check into yarn bowls. As gorgeous as yours is I like the idea of getting them from the thrift store and adding a hole/opening to it. Just another excuse to go thrift store shopping. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for looking & all the compliments. It has been a horribly rough year for me & Hubby; so I decided some Retail Therapy was in order. A yarn bowl is definatly not a necessity (sp?), but it's really cool; will keep my re-wound balls from rolling around on the floor.

Archived