Dishcloth Bouquet

amhmsh

This is too cute! I am thinking holidays! A Halloween mug with matching dishcloths or Christmas! Did you use a larger coffee mug because it seems like it might be hard to fit them all in a regular size coffee cup? I have a soup mug I might try.

Yes, the mug is a little larger than a reg. coffee cup. I actually went through my DH's mugs til I found one that worked. Shush, he hasn't realized it yet!!!:devil

A soup mug might be a little big, but what the hay, give it a try!! I also looked at the 4inch clay pots at Walmart and so forth, would probably work too!:hook

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, the mug is a little larger than a reg. coffee cup. I actually went through my DH's mugs til I found one that worked. Shush, he hasn't realized it yet!!!:devil

A soup mug might be a little big, but what the hay, give it a try!! I also looked at the 4inch clay pots at Walmart and so forth, would probably work too!:hook

Thanks amhmsh, I have lots of coffee mugs to try out for size.

Hi! I made or am in the process of, making serveral of these, I even bought mugs for the purpose, (not a coffee drinker, gasp!) and the mugs have a fruit on them, one is an apple, so i coordinated the "dish flowers," in those colors, and one is a blueberry, had a lot of fun making that flower set, i have yet the pear, and a strawberry I think, and will pass these out to my closest neighbors come holiday time! Yours are truely lovely, what a beautiful novel idea, and thank you so much for sharing, very nice of you!

Hi! I made or am in the process of, making serveral of these, I even bought mugs for the purpose, (not a coffee drinker, gasp!) and the mugs have a fruit on them, one is an apple, so i coordinated the "dish flowers," in those colors, and one is a blueberry, had a lot of fun making that flower set, i have yet the pear, and a strawberry I think, and will pass these out to my closest neighbors come holiday time! Yours are truely lovely, what a beautiful novel idea, and thank you so much for sharing, very nice of you!

Please, please post pictures!! I would love to see them!! :clap:manyheart

Very sweet! I love these!

[ATTACH]26982[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26983[/ATTACH]

I made a couple of these so far, mine are bigger for some reason,but same idea, here's a pic! I bought special mugs for these, they will become neighbor gifts around the holidays!

I gasped when I saw these!!! So beautiful, your neighbors will be tickled pink to get these!! Bravo!!! Just beautiful, thank you for posting them!!!:manyheart

I made these for my Mom for her birthday in 2 weeks! The dishclothes are rolled up to look like flowers, and the flowers are the colors of her newly remodeled kitchen.:manyheart

Did you give them to you mom yet, did she cry?? they are truly a gift to cherish, and thank you as well for posting, it's so cool to see everyone's interpretation of the same general things, lol I love yours they look so petite, I think i need to work on the arrangment of my "petals" a bit, lol Hats off to us, huh!! We did it!

• 4 months later...

Archived