Wow--super sock yarn sale

Krakovianka

Just have to preface this by saying that my mom is so cool....:hook She crochets, too--mostly afghans, although at the moment she is also carrying a purse she made and lined.

Anyway, I showed her some of my WIP's recently, including a pair of socks. She was intrigued, because she had never seen crocheted socks (she doesn't have or use the internet).

Yesterday, she called me to tell me she was at Pat Catan's, and asked if I could use stretch yarn--she meant Paton's Stretch Socks. I told her I could, and she said that they had a bunch on sale for a *dollar* per skein. I couldn't believe the price, but she brought me a huge bag of the Patons, and a few skeins of Heart and Sole--30 skeins in all. Now you see why I say my mom is the coolest.

Now I've got to go make her a pair of socks, which is the least I can do.

(I am supposed to be "not collecting" things to take back to Poland. Everything conspires against me...)

Just have to preface this by saying that my mom is so cool....:hook

she brought me a huge bag of the Patons, and a few skeins of Heart and Sole--30 skeins in all. Now you see why I say my mom is the coolest.

Your mom is an enabler!:manyheart

What a sweet mother, we could all use more sock yarn in our lives!!

And besides, sock yarn is small, so you could use it to cushion things in your luggage on the trip back. Or perhaps use it to stuff a travel pillow for your long flight. Heck, who needs toiletries, just fill that bag with yarn!

That's such a great deal! I think Catan's might be getting rid of Paton's sock yarn - it's on clearance along with a bunch of Caron yarn at my local Catan's, and there's a black mark through the bar code. Not as cheap as yours, though. The sock yarn was $1.97, which was not clearance enough for me.

Plus, I saw a lot of new and different yarn (for my Catan's anyway) stocked on the shelves. They had Debbie Stoller's Full of Sheep and Bamboo Ewe, which they never had before. Anyone else notice clearance yarn at Catan's?

Archived