Prayer Book and Bible Covers Original Design

eurolyons

It's been a while since I shared on the main boards, but I wanted to show off my Prayer Book and Bible covers I designed and made this week. They are made out of #10 crocheted cotton and I used a #6 (or was it #7?) hook. I don't quite know what to call the sort of/kind of celtic inspired braid/weave stitch that I came up with (and actually have used a variation on some borders of recent afghans) and once I can figure out how to write that stitch up, I'll then write up the patterns.

Have wanted to make my own covers for a while, but finally was inspired by a previous thread of someone asking about Bible covers. I've seen a few (and actually had done another one ages ago in filet) but they didn't speak to me...I really enjoyed making these and my husband was so impressed with the Prayer Book (in burgandy) that he was showing it off to a friend of ours (a first...he's my biggest fan, but he doesn't show off my work...)

So I hope you like...

post-2629-135897553138_thumb.jpg

post-2629-135897553143_thumb.jpg

thank you all for the compliments. It's even hard for me to describe what I did...but it's kind of a front post double treble cross stitch that's woven...that's the best I can do to describe it and yeah, even I would say it's a bit complicated...but I'm hooked on that little stitch work now and last night made a bracelet out of the stitch...

Glad you like...

thank you everyone...

I don't know how you did that stitch, but those are GORGEOUS!

Heck I don't know how I did that stitch...:lol:

Archived