Medallion earrings

DaizyGirl

I whipped these up at work (that's where I do most of my crocheting, lol). I didn't have any hooks because I hadn't planned on making earrings. So I just took the hooks from the earrings I was already wearing. :P

I need suggestions for other shapes and designs. Where do you all find inspiration?

post-39606-135897546254_thumb.jpg

post-39606-135897546258_thumb.jpg

Those are really cute! I like to use holidays for inspiration...like hearts for valentines day, wreaths for Christmas etc...

Beautiful!!!! You have a great job if you can crochet there... :D Sometimes I make earrings too - all patterns for flowers, single pineapples or even small snowflakes are good and useful. But most of mine were butterflies :yay

• 1 month later...

lol That is awsome you can Crochet at work.... I to think it makes Stress.. less STRESS full... when hubby in on one of his "gripe" modes.. I just pick up my hook and crochet. so all I realy hear is (charliebrown" Waaahttt wahhhh waahhh wahhhh" ). lol. I love the earings.. Wish i could still wear earings but I seem to only get infections in the holes now.. and I even get it using Hypo alergenic kind :(

• 1 month later...

DaizyGirl, I love your earrings and your resoursefulness of using your current earring hangers. Did anyone at work or home notice that you ended up with different earrings at the end of the day compared to the beginning of the day? These earrings look like they would also be lovely if embellished with beads or ribbon or a tiny flower in the middle. Or even crocheted with wire. So many possibilities!! But only 2 ears!!

I'm also really amazed how you can do this at work to help you reduce the stress of customer complaints you process throughout the day. Obviously you have a very outstanding boss (and you must be very good at your work in Customer Service Relations!).

Another advantage would be that it could attract the patronage of fellow crochet-loving customers. Or at least lessen the severity of the complaint! :hook

I was thinking that if I walked into a business all angry and set to complain about something :irk but I saw the associate at the Customer Window crocheting, I would automatically feel a kinship with the associate and that would probably lessen my anger. :h5

Happy crocheting, and you did a great job on the earrings.

Archived