Crochet Success

Yay - had some Crochet Success today, how about you?

I went to my LYS to buy some yarn and took the two cushion covers I recently finished (more pictures on my blog or one here in our Show'n'Tell) to show the LYS lady. I buy my yarn skein by skein so I'm normally in every day - recently, though, I've been stashbusting so she hasn't seen much of me.

Anyway, I took my cushion covers because she's always asking me what I'm making. When I took them out, she was delighted and asked if she could display them in her shop window - she said that something like this gives people ideas: they stop to admire the colours and think, "I could do that, too!" So maybe my groovy retro granny square cushion covers might inspire a few others to take up the hook.

All part of my fiendish plan to make crochet take over the world, stitch by stitch bwhoahhhahhhahhhaaaaaa! (= evil laugh) :lol:lol:lol:lol

I love the cushions. The colors are absolutely gorgeous. What an honor for you that the shop owner wanted to display them in her shop window. I don't think its a fiendish plan to make crochet take over the world. I think its a wonderful idea.:yes :yes

All part of my fiendish plan to make crochet take over the world, stitch by stitch bwhoahhhahhhahhhaaaaaa! (= evil laugh) :lol:lol:lol:lol

I always knew you were an evil mastermind! :devil:rofl

:turtle:vheart

And we knew you when..... Fantastic! Congratulations!

It's because you have a fabulous sense of color. Just look at that basket cover you made. My color choices are not always successful. I must have inherited that along with the inability to draw even stick people. Lack of color wheel gene.

Patty

How exciting! I just finished catching up on your blog before I stopped in here. I love, love, love the blog and check it every few days for updates. Love the cushions and can't wait for the tutorial on the fleece backing! :cheer

Olivia the cushions are gorgeous - love the colours! What a compliment from the lady in the LYS! Imagine inspiring others to crochet!!!! I'm not worthy!

Archived