Luna Lovegood Scarf

happy stitcher

:blush :blush I know, I know.....I said I was going to stick to WIPs until they were done, but I just got SO fed up and needed a quick fix. :devil I came across this pattern through Ravelry while I was just browsing, and couldn't get it out of my mind. Just a short while later I picked up my hook and some Caron Country out of my stash and started working. :hook

The pattern is free, and can be found here:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=238536.0

I used Caron Country in Berry Frappe and a G hook. I think this would be very nice done in a lighter weight yarn, too. It would make it look even more feminine. :yes

post-8399-135897527612_thumb.jpg

That is just beautiful Judy! What a pretty color too! I have never worked with that yarn but have been wanting to try it. Also want to try the Bamboo yarn.

Thanks for sharing the link to the pattern! :hug

Deb, I've used their bamboo yarn (Spa) a few times and liked it, too. There are a couple things in my craft album that are made with it...the Oasis wrap and the Drop Stitch Ripple scarf are both made using Caron Spa.

The Luna Lovegood Scarf was very easy and quick to make - it would be a perfect gift if you were pressed for time! The Caron Country definitely needed to be blocked before I could call it done, though. Blocking made a huge difference in the way it looked.

Thanks for the compliments, everybody! I was back on my WIP last night, feeling better for having completed something and enjoying the sense of satisfaction that brings. I can hardly wait to finish this WIP, though! :lol

Archived