Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

I finally came up with a saltine cuddle for my cousin's baby. :hook He is due in the middle of May.

th_owenblanket.jpg

Very cute! :clap

Mary, could you please add 23 solids to Denise's total? :hook She has given her laptop away and shares the desktop with her DH and it takes too long to switch it on and she can't sit there and :crocheting. :lol So until I can convince her it is quite alright to log me out of my laptop and log herself on, she is passing messages through me. :P

Why on earth did she give her laptop away? Yes, Denise just tell Tracy to shove over so you can post :lol

It sounds like it could just be a muscle strain between the ribs. With all this snow, ice, shoveling, etc. it's very easy to strain like that. Good thing you're getting it checked out, though - it could be any number of things... :yes

Yes, good thing to have it checked out anyway.

Good luck at the doctors Tab! :hug

Good morning Linda and Mary! :manyheart

Today is my day out :yay Not real exciting though. Drop off one library book, post office and Walmart for a few groceries. That's it. Oh and go order some flowers for our great aunt. She had kidney cancer several years ago, her spleen removed last year and now her remaining kidney is failing :( She starts dialysis (sp) next week. She's in Tyler which is away from the family and she's lonely and freaking out :( So she could use some flowers :flower

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cara, that's nice you're sending flowers...we always do things like that while people are still with us and can enjoy them. SDR actually thought to do that last year when his old friend from NYPD days had his mom living with him and they knew it was only a matter of time before she passed. The flowers came and the mom had a huge smile on her face.

Cara, that's nice you're sending flowers...we always do things like that while people are still with us and can enjoy them. SDR actually thought to do that last year when his old friend from NYPD days had his mom living with him and they knew it was only a matter of time before she passed. The flowers came and the mom had a huge smile on her face.

Yep, Momma used to say "if you wanna send me flowers, do it while I'm alive and can enjoy them" :lol

May not be going out today anyway. Sister went to the dentist and they said it looks like she has strep. I can't be around anyone with an active infection. Already had shingles a few months ago. Strep would put me out for a long time :sigh She has a doctor's appointment at 10 and we have the same doctor. She'll ask if it's okay to be around me and then we'll see.

Thank you, everyone. Going to be starting the cuddle once I have done a couple of friendship squares. :hook

Judy, were you offering? :devil:lol I actually had most of the colours in my stash. :faint The only colour I had to get this morning when we went out was the light blue. I have light blue in my stash, but it has been allocated to my sister's ripple. Well, you do know I didn't just get the light blue, right? :devil I actually saw some lovely brown and pink to make a baby cuddle. :yes And the yarn was crying, it didn't want to stay in the shop, all the skeins were crying, but I couldn't give a home to all of them, unfortunately. :) So I only brought some home. Hopefully someone will feel sorry for the other skeins and give them a good home. :yes

Cara, hope your sister is okay and you get to go out. :hug The flowers are a lovely idea. :yes They always cheer people up.

May not be going out today anyway. Sister went to the dentist and they said it looks like she has strep. I can't be around anyone with an active infection. Already had shingles a few months ago. Strep would put me out for a long time :sigh She has a doctor's appointment at 10 and we have the same doctor. She'll ask if it's okay to be around me and then we'll see.

Uh-Oh!

Tracy, I was offering:hook Sounds like you found everything you need!

Off to do poopsicle duty...it's an ice rink out in the yard and I wanted to wait till SDR got back from work thus AM just in case I was my usual graceful self....:P

Thank you, Judy. :hook For now, I am fine. :wink Is there anything you need for here? :)

I'm good...thanks. Just trying to use up some stash...I was a bad girl last year. I don't think I missed a sale:devil

Notice all I assumed you were talking about was yarn?:lol:lol:lol:lol

Hi ladies....I haven't posted lately but do try to keep up with all the chatter......

Without further ado.......the CASA....given to my BF for Christmas (sorry about the delay, I'm a terrible procratinator)

new015.jpg

And my new grandson, Little Jeffery, born Jan 9th......7 lbs and 9 oz

new034.jpg

Have fun Cara!

Well, I could have used ice skates out there! And had to leave a little something on the ground that was so frozen into the ice that I have to wait for a thaw!:lol

Laura Lee, the casa is GORGEOUS! What a sweet grandson.

Block 2 is done and joined to block 1. And I'm now working on block 3. If I do a block a day, I should have this done in 2 weeks. Minus the border, of course.

Hi Laura Lee! It is well worth the wait. ;) Your Casa is just beautiful. Congratulations on finishing. :cheer Little Jeffery is precious and I know you must be so excited to be a grandma. :c9

Cara, great news about your day out! What? No yarn shopping today? :devil

Linda, you sound like you're on a mission to finish the PD. :lol Unlike me, who seems to start more and finish less. :blush

Linda, can't wait to see the PD. :hook

:hi Mary. Don't worry, you should see my basket of WIP in the lounge now! I have the Owen blanket, the princess pram blanket I am knitting, the LTKA, 99 crochet squares (we started a Cal for that :wink), the angel waiting to begin and a brown/pink saltine cuddle. :hook

Cara, great news about your day out! What? No yarn shopping today? :devil

Well, I did actually buy one skein today of a new (to me at least) RHSS color called Spa Blue. Think I'll use that as my angel's dress. Really, it's pretty close to country blue but they don't seem to have that anymore. Yep, just one little old measly skein of yarn. I hate this allowance :lol

:hi Mary. Don't worry, you should see my basket of WIP in the lounge now! I have the Owen blanket, the princess pram blanket I am knitting, the LTKA, 99 crochet squares (we started a Cal for that :wink), the angel waiting to begin and a brown/pink saltine cuddle. :hook

Oh! You win...I feel better now. :rofl

Well, I did actually buy one skein today of a new (to me at least) RHSS color called Spa Blue. Think I'll use that as my angel's dress. Really, it's pretty close to country blue but they don't seem to have that anymore. Yep, just one little old measly skein of yarn. I hate this allowance :lol

Whew! I was worried about you. :D I haven't seen the Spa Blue, but did notice last week that our HL is discontinuing a lot of their RHSS - including Country Blue. :(

I'm reporting 17 solids and 10 bi-colors. :hook

Spa blue? Never heard of that color... I'lll have to look for that. A new blue? Hmmmm...

Me either :think but I haven't been able to buy yarn in ummm.......probably atleast 6 months. :faint I will have to look for that one when I get a chance, I love blues. :yes

Archived