Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Mary - another 33 solids for me.

And here is my scrap baby nine-block :manyheart I think it turned out pretty nice. Next one will be in shades of medium and dark pink. It took less than a week to make it working on it mainly in the evenings. It was "only" 169 saltines :lol tiny!!

th_HPIM1389.jpg

Oh I like very much :yes Gonna have to make a full size 9 patch soon :yes

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! Here are the links to my first six rows of my PCQ. I have 30 more "saltines" to make up before I start piecing the remaining 8 rows!

Penguin Quilt Ghan - Rows 1-6

Flickr Account

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/LavenderBear/penguin-cuddle-quilt

Ravelry Account

P.S. I tried to use the "insert image" choice, but I don't get a pic. I get a little box with a red "x" in it.

Mary - another 33 solids for me.

And here is my scrap baby nine-block :manyheart I think it turned out pretty nice. Next one will be in shades of medium and dark pink. It took less than a week to make it working on it mainly in the evenings. It was "only" 169 saltines :lol tiny!!

th_HPIM1389.jpg

That is adorable!!!

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Suzanne, your Penguin quilt is looking great.:hook

6 solids and 6 bi-color :lol Big whopping numbers I know. :heehee

Hi Heather! Squares are on the list!

Today is looking pretty busy, so I'll post the scorecard now and try to get a picture later. :yes

Updated as of this morning - Friday, 9/26. Please let me know if I need to make any changes. :)

Mary (Skysmom) 1770

Tracy (tracystroebel) 1754

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Linda M. (mizmo) 1404

Karen (econ-nerd) 1301

Dusti (rii698) 1291

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1223

Cathy (crashcat07) 932

Wendy (Aussie) *** 694

Shay (Shaylen) 682

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 624

Donna (sewnsew) 483

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) *** 435

Heather (hseger) 377

Denise (denisethorpe) 351

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 244

Tammy (TammyG) 212

mommy neel (mommy neel) 194

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 166

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Kidget29 (Kidget29) 79

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Judy (judianne) 71

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 48

Krystal (Krystal 16) 40

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Cara (Misa)

*** 2000 Squares Winner and Starting Again!

Mary -- I read that you are working on the totals for the week, so I am probably too late with these. Sorry I was not more on-the-ball. When you get a chance, please add 65 solids for me. P.S. So glad that the new washing machine is working well for you. Yaay, for quiet!! And, I am looking forward to seeing your IC. 7 blocks really is enough to see the pattern, isn't it?!?

th_HPIM1389.jpg

LOVE that 9-patch!! Thank you for sharing. I would never have come up with it on my own, but I can see making one of those for the local nursery, when I wrap up my IC and have extra yarn. Thank you for the visual.

6 solids and 6 bi-color :lol Big whopping numbers I know. :heehee

Baby steps are good. You are making progress. :yes Nice to see you, again.

Suzanne -- I like that little penguin cuddle quilt design. Yours is coming right along. :clap

We are heading down to visit my parents for the weekend. My grandmother is closing up her house and heading to Hawaii for the winter (she and my grandfather have had an apt over there for the past 33 years, and I actually bought my own in the same building 10 years ago. Grandma spends 6 months in the tropics every winter, and I take the girls for 4-5 weeks annually. I can hardly wait until it is our time to depart;)). The girls and I want to spend the weekend visiting with her before we are separated for too long. Probably will not get a lot of crocheting done, but we'll see.

Have a good weekend, Everyone!!

Thank you, Mary :hug

I usually leave the second week of February and stay as long as I can :lol Winter is NOT my favorite season. DH is very understanding, and encourages me to remember to buy my airline tickets as soon as the nights start getting cooler. Now that both girls are in school, I may have to shorten our stay, but even 3 weeks would be wonderful :yes Up to this point, my daughter's teachers have been permitted us to go with nary a request to, "Drop the class a postcard now and then." They seem to buy my belief that children learn outside the 4 walls of a classroom, too ;) As long as it is not too difficult on the children, I will try to get us over to Hawaii in the middle of the winter -- it gives me something to look forward to through the swirling snowflakes, as I gaze out my front window.

Whew! If I get started, I may never stop rambling :lol I love escaping to Hawaii :yay Soon!! (kind of)

Suzanne - Your penguin is looking great :cheer

Mary - Yes, we need photos of your IC :D

Dusti - Have a great time with the family :hug Escaping from MN to HI in February sounds like very smart planning to me :tup

Well, I'm on the hunt for electricians again :sigh Still haven't heard anything from the original outfit. I now have a list of four to choose from so I can be pickier :devil That's the last estimate we need then off to the bank for the moolah :xfin

I finished the top of my IC. That's the end of the pattern blocks. To make it a bedspread I need to add lots of the cranberry squares to the side. I've been working on this thing so long I just want it done :lol Well, talk shears no sheep so guess I'd better get to it :hook

Mary - Yes, we need photos of your IC :D

Look who's talking missy! Someonr promised an updated photo of hers recently :devil

Here's a PSA for everyone...when going to the gym, especially the gym at work, please make sure you dress appropriately for your body. It's great when people want to work out to get healthier, or whatever their goals are, but I really don't need to be able to count the dimples in a person's legs/rear or be able to tell if the belly button is pierced or not :rolleyes

Look who's talking missy! Someonr promised an updated photo of hers recently :devil

I thought I did put up a new photo last week :think Well, either way a new one is coming shortly :D

Here's a PSA for everyone...when going to the gym, especially the gym at work, please make sure you dress appropriately for your body. It's great when people want to work out to get healthier, or whatever their goals are, but I really don't need to be able to count the dimples in a person's legs/rear or be able to tell if the belly button is pierced or not :rolleyes

:rofl :rofl :rofl

:ohdear I aplaud those who are going to the gym but :yuck

Okay, photo time! :yay

Here's the IC bedspread so far. It'll fit better once the Casablanca and the heavy comforter that's on top of it come off the bed. Nephew gets cold :lol

IC092608.jpg

And I was dabbling and came up with a table centerpiece thingy in Christmas colors. Wasn't sure if I liked this or not, but I think I do. Think I'll make one in Fall colors too :yes Needs to be blocked but that's beside the point :D

xmasrunner.jpg

:ohdear I aplaud those who are going to the gym but :yuck

I almost asked the staff to loan her a shirt.

Here's the IC bedspread so far. It'll fit better once the Casablanca and the heavy comforter that's on top of it come off the bed. Nephew gets cold :lol

IC092608.jpg

It's gorgeous! Is it on a king or queen bed right now? I'm still debating between 5 and 7 as the longest row for mine.

IC092608.jpg

And I was dabbling and came up with a table centerpiece thingy in Christmas colors. Wasn't sure if I liked this or not, but I think I do. Think I'll make one in Fall colors too :yes Needs to be blocked but that's beside the point :D

xmasrunner.jpg

Very nice!! I like the table thingy - I have been mulling over the idea of place mats in saltines - I like the look of this :yes

And hubby asked me to make him a checker board for his little brother (not biological - he volunteers wioth Big Brothers/Big Sisters) for a Christmas gift. I will have to start thinking about that - and will make yo-yos for the checkers :D

Cara, you are a saltine machine!

I'm three and a half blocks into my AGC- I love my girls! I need to remember how to post pics. It has been way too long since I've done that, and now my mommy brain has deleted that file...

Here's a really great thread from the FAQ and How-To forum:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40

Archived