Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wendy be prepared .... the stuff you have to drink will be the nastiest stuff... it is so sweet it is sickening...

I am Type II diabetic ... I do finger pricks and take oral medication... It's not really that bad... the #1 gd is Type I so she is on insulin.... but with her pump all she has to do is program her numbers and the insulin is administered by the pump... she loves not having to have shots 4 -5 times a day .... now we just have to change the site every 3 days... ( a needle is injected just under the skin and inserts a plastic tube which is hooked up to the hose running to her insulin pump..)

We both eat just about what ever we want we just have to count the carbs for it...

I will warn you it is not the sugar you need to watch out for it is the carbs... If we have spaghetti or a similar pasta meal her blood sugar goes up twice as much than if she had a piece of cake...

Linda! I think about you all the time. :manyheart Hope all is well with you, Kim and John. We miss you a lot. :yes

Cara, we've owned two homes built in the 20's so I know exactly what you're going through. :) I miss the charm and history of the older homes.

Wendy, thanks for sharing with us. We're all here for you when you want to talk. :hug

I'm close to having enough squares made for the next two blocks. :hook

Wendy, we want you to be healthy :hug:manyheart

Yes, we do. We love you and want the best for you :manyheart

I agree.... I don't care what shape of fluff my friends come in, but it pains me to know that some aren't feeling well. If we can keep you out of the muck of diabetes, I'm here to join in the fight! :yes:box

OH guys, thanks so much.:hug

Im going to try really hard to beat this. What I didnt tell my DH was that my liver function test came back bad as well. The doctor asked me if I drank alcohol and I said no. So I really need to make an effort here.:yes

Wendy be prepared .... the stuff you have to drink will be the nastiest stuff... it is so sweet it is sickening...

I am Type II diabetic ... I do finger pricks and take oral medication... It's not really that bad... the #1 gd is Type I so she is on insulin.... but with her pump all she has to do is program her numbers and the insulin is administered by the pump... she loves not having to have shots 4 -5 times a day .... now we just have to change the site every 3 days... ( a needle is injected just under the skin and inserts a plastic tube which is hooked up to the hose running to her insulin pump..)

We both eat just about what ever we want we just have to count the carbs for it...

I will warn you it is not the sugar you need to watch out for it is the carbs... If we have spaghetti or a similar pasta meal her blood sugar goes up twice as much than if she had a piece of cake...

I have had the test before and your right the drink is disgusting. I didnt know that you and your GD had diabetes as well. How does your GD cope with not being able to eat sugary foods.

Linda! I think about you all the time. :manyheart Hope all is well with you, Kim and John. We miss you a lot. :yes

Cara, we've owned two homes built in the 20's so I know exactly what you're going through. :) I miss the charm and history of the older homes.

Wendy, thanks for sharing with us. We're all here for you when you want to talk. :hug

I'm close to having enough squares made for the next two blocks. :hook

Thanks Mary.:hug

Congratulations on finishing 2 blocks.:yay

she eats sugary things... we judge by her blood sugars... if they are high she waits until they are lower... we get mostly sugar free if possible but usually stick with the natural sweets -like fruits .. she has candy and other goodies we just adjust for them with her insulin... her Dr. said she is allowed to have whatever she wants as long as we account for it and make adjustments other places... for example I know pasta meals make her blood sugar go way up so we make the other meals of the day higher protein with lower carbs

Mary, I think I must've miscounted somewhere.....I am half done with the CASA and have a total of 440 solids and 92 bi-colors.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic week so far. I have been joining the GT and decided to add an extra row lengthwise. Almost done with the joining then on to the boarder. Hopefully will have it joined today and done within the next couple of day. Then I can concentrate on the CASA......well.....got a pattern in mind for a baby blanket for my Grandson on the way! :lol

Morning everyone!

I know I haven't been around much lately but I've been getting ready for my cruise. We leave tomorrow for San Diego where we will stay a couple of days before boarding our ship for our 15 day Hawaii cruise! I'm so excited! Have almost everything packed now--including yarn in my carryon. We won't be home until late night Oct 11 and I will be back online on the 12th. I'll miss everyone but will get caught up when I get back.

Morning everyone!

I know I haven't been around much lately but I've been getting ready for my cruise. We leave tomorrow for San Diego where we will stay a couple of days before boarding our ship for our 15 day Hawaii cruise! I'm so excited! Have almost everything packed now--including yarn in my carryon. We won't be home until late night Oct 11 and I will be back online on the 12th. I'll miss everyone but will get caught up when I get back.

Do you have any room in a suitcase for me????? I don't eat much and I'll be reeeaaaalllyy quiet!! :lol

Oh Linda ~ What a wonderful trip! I know you'll have a fantastic time. :yes (Laura Lee and I will be the ones peeking around corners on the ship. :D)

Laura Lee ~ I'll change your total right now to 624 points. :hook Half way done! :cheer

Karen ~ 15 more solids added. :)

Do you have any room in a suitcase for me????? I don't eat much and I'll be reeeaaaalllyy quiet!! :lol

Those are all you can eat! So they can definitely get you some food :lol When my parents go, on lobster night dad has been known to order 3. Of course, he really needs to stop eating so much.

My yarn came in yesterday! I LOVE the choclate and toast. I keep going back and forth on the honey. In natural light, it looks like it's more on the beige side. In artificial light it looks more yellow.

Mary, it'll probably be ok since the fabric for my headboard is a bit of a darker gold shade. DBF is absolutly no help. He just smiles and nods. He has opinions, he just doesn't share them all the time. Grrr :D

Mary, I think I must've miscounted somewhere.....I am half done with the CASA and have a total of 440 solids and 92 bi-colors.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic week so far. I have been joining the GT and decided to add an extra row lengthwise. Almost done with the joining then on to the boarder. Hopefully will have it joined today and done within the next couple of day. Then I can concentrate on the CASA......well.....got a pattern in mind for a baby blanket for my Grandson on the way! :lol

Grats on being halfway done on the Casa! :clap:cheer

Morning everyone!

That sounds like lots of fun! Have a great time :hug

:lol :lol

Oh Linda ~ What a wonderful trip! I know you'll have a fantastic time. :yes (Laura Lee and I will be the ones peeking around corners on the ship. :D)

:lol :lol

My yarn came in yesterday! I LOVE the choclate and toast. I keep going back and forth on the honey. In natural light, it looks like it's more on the beige side. In artificial light it looks more yellow.

Chocolate, toast and honey. Your yarn is making me hungry :lol :lol

Waiting on my wayward electrician this morning :irk Only called 5 days ago for this estimate. Think I'll be checking out other electricians today :irk Have the second plumber coming after lunch some time today too. I'm already exhausted and these are just the estimates :lol

I did finally get a goodly amount of crocheting done last night. I haven't hardly touched my hook for four days. It felt good indulging in a little yarn therapy :hook

This week sounds promising for me to get a lot of crocheting done - hubby is in class for the next three evenings and all the season premiers for my favorite shows are on this week :yay - I foresee myself parked in front of the TV stitching away happily for the the next three nights :D I taped CSI Miami last night and watched it this morning (and did up 15 more saltines which I will report to Mary after today is done)

This week sounds promising for me to get a lot of crocheting done - hubby is in class for the next three evenings and all the season premiers for my favorite shows are on this week :yay - I foresee myself parked in front of the TV stitching away happily for the the next three nights :D I taped CSI Miami last night and watched it this morning (and did up 15 more saltines which I will report to Mary after today is done)

What other premieres are on tonight? We watched Hero's last night, it was on until 11!!! 8pm est had a behind the scenes/review type of thing, which was good since it's been 9 months since the last episode! Then they had 2 back to back new episodes. After not going to bed until 1 am Sunday night due to neighbor drama, I was wiped when Hero's was finally done :lol

Must be the time for new media :yes We don't watch TV (and BD works for the cable company :lol) but we do listen to audiobooks. This week the newest book in the Eragon series and Temeraire series came out (fantasy books, our faves :D) and a series by another of our favorite authors finally came out on audiobook this week. That's what I did while crocheting last night....popped in the new Temeraire (kinda like Horatio Hornblower with dragons :lol great books) and spent almost five hours in heaven :c9

What other premieres are on tonight? We watched Hero's last night, it was on until 11!!! 8pm est had a behind the scenes/review type of thing, which was good since it's been 9 months since the last episode! Then they had 2 back to back new episodes. After not going to bed until 1 am Sunday night due to neighbor drama, I was wiped when Hero's was finally done :lol

NCIS (8pm)and Law and Order SVU (10pm) :yay And inbetween is the new show Fringe. I think I'll tape SVU and watch it later. 11pm is way past my bedtime :P

Tomorrow night is Bones (not premier but a new show), Criminal Minds and one of the CSIs I think

Thursday is Survivor and the other CSI and probaby something else I'm forgetting about...

Hi Ladies. Last Friday they delivered my new washing machine. This morning it made a loud "clunk" sound and then wouldn't go into the spin cycle. Lowe's is bringing a new washer tomorrow. Hopefully, that is all my venting for today. :lol

Now it's time for stress relief with my hook. :)

NCIS (8pm)and Law and Order SVU (10pm) :yay And inbetween is the new show Fringe. I think I'll tape SVU and watch it later. 11pm is way past my bedtime :P

Tomorrow night is Bones (not premier but a new show), Criminal Minds and one of the CSIs I think

Thursday is Survivor and the other CSI and probaby something else I'm forgetting about...

I'm stuck working until midnight, I'm going to be recording Fringe since I caught the gist only last week thanks to calls. So I'll record it and watch it tomorrow if I can't catch it tonight. I'm hoping for Ugly Betty soon too.

Hi Ladies. Last Friday they delivered my new washing machine. This morning it made a loud "clunk" sound and then wouldn't go into the spin cycle. Lowe's is bringing a new washer tomorrow. Hopefully, that is all my venting for today. :lol

Oh no! You poor thing!

Oh how frustrating! :irk Thank goodness they'll come replace it.

Yep, Lowe's has a 7 day replacement policy. The man I spoke with expected me to accept a service call, until I very sweetly told him I had the policy right in front of me. I sure don't want a "lemon." :no The only bad part was having to wring out clothes and hang them on the patio to dry until I can wash them again. :lol

I'm going to crochet for a while. I need to count squares and start joining some. :crocheting

Archived