Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Cara -- I forgot to comment on the site, but I had fun browsing over there this morning. Very nice job! I had been eye-balling the Bus Cuddle for my neighbor, who is a bus driver, but when I saw the bus with semi truck, I think I have to go that route ( my neighbor is retiring next year to drive a semi for his family's farming operation). Perfect! I love the choices and seeing the quilts always gets my fingers itching to crochet.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm done! I'm done!! :cheer:clap:yay Pictures tomorrow when it's light out.

Congratulations! Yay for pictures. :hook

I did finish my AGC on Monday I think it was. Here's the picture.

th_AGCfinished.jpg

It's wonderful, Donna. :cheer

Mary - 47 more solids for me yesterday :D Plus I started assembling the baby quilt-ghan in blues. I'll be doing more on it this afternoon and will try to post a progress pic later today.

47 added!

Cara, I love the new look for your site. You are so talented. :manyheart

Hi to all of you I've missed, too. It's been pretty crazy around here and I'm keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed that it's a quiet day. :lol DH left for the airport about 8 and after a few more chores, it's crochet time. :hook

Thanks guys!

I gotta tell you, I'm feeling really crabby today. My Twins are in town playing the Rays. Since moving to FL, we've gone to one of the games each year. Today was supposed to be that game since it's a 1 o'clock game, that'd give me time to get back home for work tonight. DBF is not a baseball fan and said awhile ago he wasn't going to go. Ok, no big deal. I'll go with my parents. I called Dad last week about it, "Oh, you guys will have to go, we can't afford it right now". So I can't really tell Dad that I won't be going after all since DBF had already said he wasn't. And since DBF isn't a baseball fan, I can't ask him to go anyway so I can go (he would have too). So ok, no baseball for me.

DBF made a comment about going to the last Rays home game of the season, so I told him I wasn't going. We decided to go to Old Chicago and watch football instead. That way he could watch his Bucs (which he could anyway, since they're the local team) and I could watch my Vikes. I woke up late! My mom called at 12:30 and she woke me up. So I called DBF, left a message saying I was gonna jump in the shower if he wanted to head over so we could go to Old Chicago. It's 2:45, I haven't heard from him at all today. Stupid people. Is it any wonder I'm crabby today? :D

Here you go! The finished pink ribbon! I stuck with two rows of white on the top and bottom and finished with a round of rhdc. I love how it kinda looks braided!

th_PinkRibbonfinal.jpg

It's lovely, Val! It's great that you designed and finished such a beautiful ghan. :manyheart Sorry about your day so far. I hope it gets better! :hug

Dusti- I tend to obsess over one project at a time, bouncing between my WIPS. I worked for over two weeks on my latest scrappie and got over halfway done, and then the AGC called to me. So I'll work on saltines until the mood strikes to do rows again. :) AGC is fun because I'm watching the girls come to life.

Howdy everyone

Cara your website looks great and I love the new logo. Thanks so much for putting Cuddles up there:hug

Thank you for letting me :hug It's a great pattern :yes

Cara, I love the new look for your site. You are so talented. :manyheart

Hi to all of you I've missed, too. It's been pretty crazy around here and I'm keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed that it's a quiet day. :lol DH left for the airport about 8 and after a few more chores, it's crochet time. :hook

I wish you a very quiet week. Heaven knows you deserve one :manyheart

Here you go! The finished pink ribbon! I stuck with two rows of white on the top and bottom and finished with a round of rhdc. I love how it kinda looks braided!

th_PinkRibbonfinal.jpg

It looks fabulous Val! :clap Great job :hug Hope your day improves :hug

My day has had a rough start too. Woke up from a horrible dream :( Need to have those meds refilled :lol I woke up an hour late to feed poor little Tuon. Surprised she didn't wake me up but she was all snuggled up with BD. She's a definite Daddy's girl :cat Fed her then discovered I had left her insulin out so it can't be used and it's Sunday so I can't get a new bottle til tomorrow. :sigh Few other irritations too but I won't bore y'all with them :lol

But I've shaken it off (and reordered my meds :lol) and now I'm ready to go. :D

I have the Double IC spread out on the floor while I tackle some of the vertical joining.

th_09-21DoubleIrishChainProgress.jpg

The big black line in the pic is just a shadow from my bay window. I'm glad MR. Sunshine is out there :yes. It's a gorgeous day, and the girls are out helping DH clean up our garden of the last of the potatoes, corn, onions and tomatoes. This week, I get to can salsa (and :crocheting).

Val & Cara -- I sure hope your Sunday improves :hug

Mary -- Have a great afternoon. Hope your week is calm :manyheart

I have the Double IC spread out on the floor while I tackle some of the vertical joining.

Looks great Dusti! :clap Mmmm, salsa. I'd probably save a fortune if we made our own :lol We go through a LOT of salsa :lol

Oh, we still buy salsa from the market, too. We do not have that many extra vegetables that the yield is that great, but at least I can keep a few jars on-hand to use during the winter.

The big black line in the pic is just a shadow from my bay window. I'm glad MR. Sunshine is out there :yes. It's a gorgeous day, and the girls are out helping DH clean up our garden of the last of the potatoes, corn, onions and tomatoes. This week, I get to can salsa (and :crocheting).

Very pretty! How wide is it?

th_PinkRibbonfinal.jpg

Its just gorgeous. Well done, I must try that rhdc on mine. :clap

Thank you for letting me :hug It's a great pattern :yes

I wish you a very quiet week. Heaven knows you deserve one :manyheart

It looks fabulous Val! :clap Great job :hug Hope your day improves :hug

My day has had a rough start too. Woke up from a horrible dream :( Need to have those meds refilled :lol I woke up an hour late to feed poor little Tuon. Surprised she didn't wake me up but she was all snuggled up with BD. She's a definite Daddy's girl :cat Fed her then discovered I had left her insulin out so it can't be used and it's Sunday so I can't get a new bottle til tomorrow. :sigh Few other irritations too but I won't bore y'all with them :lol

But I've shaken it off (and reordered my meds :lol) and now I'm ready to go. :D

Cara hope your day has improved:hug

Oh it looks just gorgeous, well done. :clap

Mary 17 solids for me please.

That is a bit of a point of contention with DH :lol He thinks it is a tad too large...

The picture only shows a portion of the quilt, as I could not get a good angle for the camera. Without the border, it is 129 inches wide :eek I am going to have to practice the reverse hdc or sc that everyone is raving about before I get to the border, as it sounds like fun to try a new stitch. I have time...

Dusti wow 129inches wide thats fantastic. Way to go:clap it will be a beautiful blanket. Your doing the sc joining arent you. I did that with the Casa and found it time consuming. I havent done it that way since though as I find it easier to do block by block but we each have our own way that we like to do it.

Dusti - Thassa big quilt :yes

Wendy - Oh yes, my day is going great now :D I try my best not to let the little things get me :D

Think I'm actually caught up around here enough that I can just kick back for a while before dinner :D

Everyone's projects are beautiful :yes

I haven't posted here in a while. I had to put my latest saltine project on the back burner for a bit so I could try to get a few things finished. But the saltines were calling my name today and I couldn't resist anymore. So I made 2 rows of saltines for my design. Only 5 more rows to make, then to finish sewing it all together.

Mary, could you please add 22 solids for me :D

Wow, Dusti! Your IC is wonderful. :cheer I really like the colors you're using.

Hi Mel ~ It's great to see you here again. :yes 22 solids added.

Wendy, have a good Monday. :manyheart 17 added!

It's been a very quiet day and that makes me happy. :D I crocheted and spent a little time at the desk. I also had fun trying to take pictures of hummingbirds outside my kitchen window...of course, they left quickly. :lol Just wanted to share some of my flowers on the last day of summer.

th_Flowers002.jpg

Archived