Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cara, that's the kind of day I had yesterday...all the pieces seemed to fall into place...

I'll take one like that every now and then...I'm not greedy;)

:yay Denise is stitching saltines together. :woo And the colours look good together.

Cara, we might be making some of the zoo as Christmas presents for the niece and nephews. Already worked out a kind of a modification for the crocodile to make it look a little bit like a dragon for the theme in nephew's bedroom. :hook

:yay Denise is stitching saltines together. :woo And the colours look good together.

Cara, we might be making some of the zoo as Christmas presents for the niece and nephews. Already worked out a kind of a modification for the crocodile to make it look a little bit like a dragon for the theme in nephew's bedroom. :hook

Oooh I'd be interested in seeing that one :yes I'm think of making some of them for Peyton, too :yes

Cara, that's the kind of day I had yesterday...all the pieces seemed to fall into place...

I'll take one like that every now and then...I'm not greedy;)

Yes, it's just good when everything "clicks" :c9 I'm greedy though. I like at least one a week :wink

Cara, can't wait to see yours. :hook What kind of yarn are you going to be using?

Just gonna use regular worsted weight instead of the rug yarn. I think the rug yarn would be too rough against his baby skin :yes

We also just going to use the yarn we usually use. They will come out a bit smaller, but will still be cute. :yes

I have decided I want to make the pig, the lion, the horse, the elephant, the alligator, the giraffe and the turtle. I think mom wants to make the lion, the elephant and the giraffe. Those ones I know about. :hook Oh dear, looks like the WIM list just got added to. :devil

Oooh, lots of :crocheting going on; love it!! :manyheart

Tomorrow's Nat'l Crochet Day, huh? I think I can use that :devil Actually, DH encourages me to take my yarn and hook out in the evenings, while he takes the girls outside to run-off some of their energy, so I do not expect him to even put up a token fight :lol.

Mary -- so glad you made it to San Francisco, safely. Have a grand couple of days! Did you find anything neat to buy in your travels this afternoon?

Wendy -- the concert sounded like a real treat. Glad you enjoyed it.

Amy -- stunning ATW!! Glad you popped-in long enough to show-off your project. Hope you see you again, soon.

:help I am drowning in saltines here! :eek Denise hasn't stopped :crocheting them almost all week!

:laughroll

Donna -- did you make up another BIC block? How many squares does one of your blocks contain? The same 25 as my Double IC? I grabbed a sweater pattern and some boucle yarn while I was waiting for my youngest to finish Pre-school, but I put together one block before I started on the sweater. Slowly but surely, all of my WIPs will get attention :yes

Hi, All :hi Good week on this end. I'm getting my volunteer schedule at school set-up, the sun is shining, and the girls are happy with their new teachers. Yep, Cara and Judy, it is great to have days like this! I'll take them when I can get them, too.

:manyheart

Howdy, just checked in. :waving. I got a severe flu cold all week which made me missed out a week of school. I am okay about it though. It give me more time to think what I want to do for the rest of the year. :yes

Skymom, glad that you have a great time in San Francisco city. Half the time I live in San Francisco (usually long weekends), and my main residence is in Berkeley (my own place for mid-week stays). When will you return home ?

My dad commissioned me to make some wine bottle cozies as christmas gifts. :c9 I can't wait to try different designs. :manyheart

Howdy, just checked in. :waving. I got a severe flu cold all week which made me missed out a week of school. I am okay about it though. It give me more time to think what I want to do for the rest of the year. :yes

Skymom, glad that you have a great time in San Francisco city. Half the time I live in San Francisco (usually long weekends), and my main residence is in Berkeley (my own place for mid-week stays). When will you return home ?

My dad commissioned me to make some wine bottle cozies as christmas gifts. :c9 I can't wait to try different designs. :manyheart

Ohh, check Micheal's Website! I know The Dude has a pattern available and I could have sworn it was there free.

Thanks Priszm, after a short search on Michael's website I found it on the knitting page of free patterns. Go figure. :P

I don't think I will make any cozies until November when I start my job internship. I need to know more details from Dad such as how many bottles he plan to give away as xmas gifts, etc.

It really feel strange not crocheting for two weeks but it feel nice to take a break.

Oooh I'd be interested in seeing that one :yes I'm think of making some of them for Peyton, too :yes

Cara - OldBagLady here on C'Ville has the most adorable little Baby Dragon pattern. She moved it off the "ville but if you PM she will give you the link where it's posted online. Not sure if it will come up on a search, but if you find the thread here, you'll see all the adorable pics that people have done with it.

Hmmm....graph/tapestry designs?:D

Judi, can you give me some examples ? I can't picture it exactly.

Carol Ventura the guru of tapestry crochet, IMO) has a yahoo group for tapestry crochet.

Basically, tapestry crochet is very much like some of the graph ghans I've made (with names, etc, worked in them) but tapestry is usually worked in the round. It does NOT drop the unused color to the back of the piece, but works over it all the time, to make sturdy bags, etc.

http://iweb.tntech.edu/cventura/basket.html

This is a free pattern and the page has more information.

Good morning! I don't have time to go back and read the posts from the last few days, but I wanted to give you guys an update on my PCQ making! I have made and sewn together 6 out of 19 rows - so 31% done! I have been hiding the ends as I go, which will make it a PLEASURE to put the edging around when that time comes! :yes

Thanks to some of you who suggested it (sorry, I didn't write down your names), I am going to make the elephantghan with baby yarn if I can find the gray color for the elephant part (I haven't looked yet). But, that will be awhile because I am going to work on the Just Ducky Quilt Ghan after I'm doing with Violet's Penguin Quilt Ghan! ;)

Keep up the GREAT work, everyone! These squares are addictive, and now so is piecing the rows together (at least for me)! Today I work on UFOs and charity squares and will put aside my PCQ, but I'm sure I'll be back working on it the beginning of next week! :yay

Archived