Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Hi ladies! Lots going on here last night and this morning - love it. :D

Tracy, did you collect all your belongings? I'll bet you were happy to see your yarn stash again. :yarn;):yarn

Linda M.~ Sounds like a fun trip to HL. I'm so glad they're adding more colors of ILTY-I hope ours has, too. Congratulations on being so close to finishing the red, white and blue ghan. :clap

Hi Wendy!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howdy all :hi:flower

Donna great progress on your ghans. :clap Not sure if I asked but are you using Caron brites.

Linda wow great buys at HL. I see more wips coming your way. Have you decided to make a Irish chain ghan.

Mary morning to you.

Karen wow thats a lot of saltines, well done. :clap

Mary 16 solids for me thanks.

Hi, y'all!

Karen, welcome back. I don't think you missed anything earth-shattering...:think

I figured out a layout for a baby ghan using the new saltines I made. The old ones (2 different blues)I found in my stash weren't quite enough, and I had no blue to match since they were so old, so I made white...busy stitching them together today, but first we're off to go for a walk around a local pond before it gets too hot.

The finished blanket size should make a good cover for an isolette in the NIC unit.

Howdy all :hi:flower

Linda wow great buys at HL. I see more wips coming your way. Have you decided to make a Irish chain ghan.

Yes I have! :lol I am doing one in green, burgundy, and ivory. I will start it when I finish the edging on the patriotic one. I had another design in mind for it but as soon as I saw the IC, I changed my mind!

Mary 16 solids for me thanks.

Added!

Tracy, that's great that you have your things with you again. Does Kyla start school soon?

Hi Judy ~ Can't wait to see what you are making. :hook

Linda M~Those colors will be stunning in the IC!

Time to get back to the desk...Have a good morning. :manyheart

Hey kids, just thought I'd pop in after not being here in forever... the saltines are calling!

I'm buried in WIPs right now, but I reorganized my stash last night and discovered that I have what I need to make a "We're all God's children". It doesn't look like anyone as done one... did I miss it?

I have enough scraps to make nine different hair colors, nine different variegateds for shirts, and nine different skin colors. (I inhereted a great scrap stash!) Because I want to use buff for a skin color, I am going to use a very light blue for the background. I'm also thinking about sashing between each block and bordering with a row of dark blue. Does anyone know if someone has tried this?

Mornin' all,

I just wanted to report that I made another trek to HL yesterday and they had a lot more colors of ILTY than I had seen before. I saw several shades of oranges other than the really bright one, some golds, some pinks, a peach, a very dark brown, more blues. So they seem to be adding colors all the time. :clap

I came away with 15 more skeins of it for another saltine ghan for down the road a bit, and a thing of the La Espiga 18 nylon. I have been eyeing this for a while and always put it back. It looks like it would be rough on your hands. But I decided to give it a try on a tote bag. The colors in it are so bright and vivid and looks like it will hold up well. We'll see....

I'm almost finished the red, white, and blue ghan....on round 2 of the border/edging. they sure do get heavy and warm when you are holding the whole thing!

Wow! You had a great shopping trip :manyheart

Hello again everyone! I am back from my visit with family in Manitoba. I had a wonderful time and am tired :P I decided to take my saltine materials and made up 220 blue squares while I was gone. I should have taken more yarn as I had a bit more time to crochet more. Oh well. Now all the blue is done for the border of my ATW and I have less than 100 more squares to make (plus lots to join). I am getting clsoer to finished.

I took a picture of how much I have done with me and showed my Mom (who quilts) and sister (who crochets) and they both loved it. Mom also showed it to another friend who quilts and crochets and Mom though we could see her imagination going and plans developing for making her own :D

I will probably never catch up on posts here but will continue from here. Did I miss anything earth-shattering??

Welcome home Karen :hug Earth-shattering? Well, we finally got Krystal making saltines. That's pretty exciting in my little world :lol :lol

I got 28 saltines made yesterday.

I finally got my pictures loaded so here they are.

My cabin ghan

ptc08-30.jpg

And my BIC

BIC08-30.jpg

Oh Donna they both look great :clap

Cara, I plan to go to HL tomorrow. If they have the Ivory, I will be happy to send it to you...how many skeins do you need? :hook

Oh yes! Please! Four of them would be great. Thank you so much :hug

I figured out a layout for a baby ghan using the new saltines I made. The old ones (2 different blues)I found in my stash weren't quite enough, and I had no blue to match since they were so old, so I made white...busy stitching them together today, but first we're off to go for a walk around a local pond before it gets too hot.

The finished blanket size should make a good cover for an isolette in the NIC unit.

It should be beautiful. You're so good at putting squares together to make a lovely pattern :yes

Hey kids, just thought I'd pop in after not being here in forever... the saltines are calling!

I'm buried in WIPs right now, but I reorganized my stash last night and discovered that I have what I need to make a "We're all God's children". It doesn't look like anyone as done one... did I miss it?

I have enough scraps to make nine different hair colors, nine different variegateds for shirts, and nine different skin colors. (I inhereted a great scrap stash!) Because I want to use buff for a skin color, I am going to use a very light blue for the background. I'm also thinking about sashing between each block and bordering with a row of dark blue. Does anyone know if someone has tried this?

Well, hiya Julie! :hug Only other one I know doing that quilt is Jeannie (loopy1) in the Sky CAL. She even made the hair shorter on some blocks to make little boys which I thought was very clever :yes

Well, I ended up just making Cranberry satines yesterday. Ended up with a total of 75. Not in one day. I already had made 25 or 30 :lol Have to wake up more and decide what today's project is :D

Julie B! Hi ~ it's great to see you again. :D

Tracy, please tell Miss Kyla we wish her well at her new school. :manyheart

Cara, great! I'll let you know tomorrow if I'm able to get the Ivory. Wish they were open today. :lol

Morning everyone

Judy what a great way to use those saltines. Cant wait to see the finished item.

Linda M I guess its hard to resist making a IC when everyone is doing one.:lol Your colors will look awesome.

Julie B its great to see ya. I havent made the children ghan yet but you will enjoy making that one.

Tracy thats great that your all organized and that Kyla is all set for school. You sound a lot happier where you are now.:hug I have made the penguin and its gorgeous to make, love seeing the picture come together as you sew the squares.

Howdy Tracy :hi Kelly is fine, still have to remind her to drink etc. She doesnt drink enough in my opinion then gets headaches and wonders why.

Drink enough what? Water? Wine? :lol

Howdy Tracy :hi Kelly is fine, still have to remind her to drink etc. She doesnt drink enough in my opinion then gets headaches and wonders why.

Fluid intake, esp when Kelly does sports, is crucial!

Wendy, that's coming out great!

Cara, thanks...the squares aren't too exciting, so I think I'll have to make a nice border on the ghan. I'm using white to whipstitch them together, but I'll use it for the border, too, which should make it look "country", esp since the white whipstitching shows. I didn't want to introduce a third shade of blue to finish the blanket or to join them, which is why I came up with using white squares, etc.

I just read over the above paragraph...:think

You'll get the gist of it - hopefully, without having to read it three times:lol:lol

Here is my IC so far.

Picture is clickable.

th_P1030772.jpg

:lol :lol I would be worried I think if she was drinking wine.

That is pretty! Only 7 1/2 more rows of the ribbon, then I can decide how many rows of white at either end, do the border and be done! Which means I might be able to start my IC! I sooo can't wait! Is Kelly your kid? In which case, yeah. No wine for her :lol

Hi, Priszm, Tracy, and everyone...taking a break for a few minutes from whipstitching the squares together.

I'm finishing the last 2 on the current row, then one more row before doing the border.

I'm improvising....:hook

Hi, Priszm, Tracy, and everyone...taking a break for a few minutes from whipstitching the squares together.

I'm finishing the last 2 on the current row, then one more row before doing the border.

I'm improvising....:hook

Woohoo! Remind me, since I'm really bad at it, which one are you doing again?

Woohoo! Remind me, since I'm really bad at it, which one are you doing again?

I found some"saltines" I made years ago....and didn't know what to do with them....added some more squares to the total and it's going to be a baby ghan which will go to my neighbor's NIC unit, where she's a nurse. It'll look a little like the baby gingham on Cara's site.

I found some"saltines" I made years ago....and didn't know what to do with them....added some more squares to the total and it's going to be a baby ghan which will go to my neighbor's NIC unit, where she's a nurse. It'll look a little like the baby gingham on Cara's site.

Oh yeah. I wasn't sure if it was the baby one :lol I can't wait to see a picture!

Archived