Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If its alright with you ladies (and any gentlemen) I would like to join in. I actually remember when Julie first posted this thread and it seems to have taken on a life of its own. I've tried to go back and read through some of the postings but over a thousand pages in alot to read!

I've picked out "We're all God's children." I'm going to try and get started today never minding that I have a myriad of crochet and sewing projects already started.

I don't have a way to post pictures but I'll keep you all posted on my progress and, of course, I would love to see what you are all working on.

Welcome Karin! :welcome Just jump right in. You'll never get anything done if you try to read back :lol

Hello everyone!

I am back from Vegas. Had a great time; seminars were good; won at the slots; did some crocheting; lots of site-seeing; went to some shows; I'm still bushed!

Didn't make any saltines while gone :( but did do another shawl and started another. I even crocheted during some of the classes! Boss didn't mind....she was crocheting, too!

:lol :lol Well that was convenient! Glad you're home and had such a great time :hug

A suggestion on how much yarn you'll need. What I do when I'm making squares is this------I make one at the size I need then I frog it and measure how much yarn it took for one. Then I can easily figure how many squares I can get from one skein (as long as the label says how many yards in the skein) and thus how many I'll need in all. Plus allow a little bit extra for joining or mistakes in making squares. As long as the squares aren't too big, it doesn't take up too much time in making and frogging one. Better than running out of yarn at the end! For instance, I know I can usually get about 60 saltines from a solid skein of ILTY so I figure amounts needed from there.

Oh that's a good idea :yes

Tracy thanks for the link, I have saved the picture to my desktop. Are we all using 3 colors, not sure what colors to use yet.

I'm using two colors. :yes

I think Cara is doing single irish (2 colours). I haven't decided yet what I colours to use. I was thinking of maybe getting some yarn to match the mint green I got on Sunday and making one with that.

Yep two colors :yes Here's the messy chart I'm working from. It'll be cleaner before I post it "officially" :D

Ohhh, a baby one sounds pretty! You guys really are making me want to make one! and I can't start yet :cry. Even if I could, I don't know who to make one for yet. I'm thinking I'd like one for me, but I want to wait until DBF finally buys a house and I can match it to a bedroom :lol

I've picked out "We're all God's children." I'm going to try and get started today never minding that I have a myriad of crochet and sewing projects already started.

I don't have a way to post pictures but I'll keep you all posted on my progress and, of course, I would love to see what you are all working on.

Welcome, Karin! We're so glad you're here. :yes

Hello everyone!

I am back from Vegas. Had a great time; seminars were good; won at the slots; did some crocheting; lots of site-seeing; went to some shows; I'm still bushed!

Didn't make any saltines while gone :( but did do another shawl and started another. I even crocheted during some of the classes! Boss didn't mind....she was crocheting, too!

Looks like everyone was very busy and chatty while I was gone. I missed all the chatter on here!

We've missed you, too. :manyheart Your trip sounds like a lot of fun!

Yep two colors :yes Here's the messy chart I'm working from. It'll be cleaner before I post it "officially" :D

Beautiful, Cara. :hook

Hi everyone. You all sound happy and busy. :D I've mowed, vacuumed, showered and am headed for the store. Don't have a clue where all this energy came from and I'll probably crash later. :lol

Have a great day, all. :)

Hi everyone. You all sound happy and busy. :D I've mowed, vacuumed, showered and am headed for the store. Don't have a clue where all this energy came from and I'll probably crash later. :lol

Have a great day, all. :)

Oh, bring it my direction! I'll let you spend energy on my place while I :crocheting:D. That's what I'm actually working on today. I'm starting with my bedroom. I got my closet straightened out. Now I'm doing a bunch of straightening in my room bedroom. When I'm done with that, I'm showering, running to the Post Office to pick up my packages, can't wait to see what they are and who they're from!, then I need to run by the store for dinner stuff.

I also want to re-arrange my bedroom. I've been putting it off because I want to move my bed in front of my window. But I don't have a headboard. And that means I'll either hit my head on the windowsill, or if I have my bed forward enough to not hit my head, I'll lose my pillows behind it. So I'm thinking, since I can't decide what I want for a headboard, I might find some cheap pillows or a cheap body pillow, and put it in that area.

Hey Wendy and Tracy I think I can join you on the baby IC. I wanted to do one but can't really afford to do a regular sized. But I think I might have enough in my stash for a baby sized one :yes So can I join you too? puhleeeze...:D I can look through my stash tomorrow and be ready to start when you ladies are.:hook

Hey Priszm.... have you checked out the prize list over in the greek games... you might be surprised.

Silly, I've been busy cleaning! I need to get back to it too! I have to move my bed so I can vacuum the three puppies I'm sure are under there :lol Thanks for the heads up! Totally cool that I won something! Yay me :cheer

Hi Val~Just a thought about rearranging your bedroom - Would it work to use some inexpensive bookshelves for a "headboard?" If they weren't too tall, they wouldn't block the whole window, but would give you a place to prop pillows and have a lamp, etc. DH and I did this years ago and it worked fine, but we didn't have a window on that wall. :think

Congratulations on being a prize winner! :clap

Hey Wendy and Tracy I think I can join you on the baby IC. I wanted to do one but can't really afford to do a regular sized. But I think I might have enough in my stash for a baby sized one :yes So can I join you too? puhleeeze...:D I can look through my stash tomorrow and be ready to start when you ladies are.:hook

Of course you may. We like company. :hook

Course you can. :yay

Ohhh, a baby one sounds pretty! You guys really are making me want to make one! and I can't start yet :cry. Even if I could, I don't know who to make one for yet. I'm thinking I'd like one for me, but I want to wait until DBF finally buys a house and I can match it to a bedroom :lol

Priszm just make one because you want to. Im making one and there isnt any babies around here. Might turn mine into a cover for my chest that we have sitting in a corner. Its the right size as a baby blanket, you could do the same. We just call it a baby blanket because we are making a little one.

Congratulations on winning a prize too by the way. :yay

Archived