Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my report on my trial of the I Love This Cotton yarn..... I give it:tup. I will definitely be getting some more of this.

Yesterday afternoon I decided to sit down and give it a try. I picked out a nice drawstring bag pattern. I made it and also a small one to match. Now I have a new purse to take with me to Vegas! I think this yarn is also appropriately named. Very soft and easy to work with. I got the entire bag except for half of one row and the strings out of one skein--I bought two--and then made the small coin or whatever bag to go inside. They worked up really easy and quick and need no lining. I think I will use some more of it and make one to fit my camera so it won't get scratched when I drop it in the purse.:yes

Can you show us a photo? Sounds great. You found that at HL, didn't you? We don't have those stores around here:(, but your yarn purchase sounds like it was a winner. :clap

OH OH OH! DBF and I are going to Orlando this weekend, specifically Downtown Disney, so I can do some pics of Flat Brooke there. I just checked and there's no HL :( BUT! There's an AC Moore! I've never been in there! Ohhh!! Dang, like I REALLY need anymore yarn right now. But I do plan on a trip to AC Moore :D

Cara - I was wondering why you would even wake him in the first place? I would let HB sleep, and then when he realized I had let him sleep in, give him my most innocent :angel and say "I knew you needed to sleep in!" I would have already called in for him, too... :lol It's like the old saying goes "It's easier to apologize afterwards than to ask permission beforehand!".

:rofl

Cara - I was wondering why you would even wake him in the first place? I would let HB sleep, and then when he realized I had let him sleep in, give him my most innocent :angel and say "I knew you needed to sleep in!" I would have already called in for him, too... :lol It's like the old saying goes "It's easier to apologize afterwards than to ask permission beforehand!".

:rofl

Normally I would've done just that :lol I have in the past but this job requires that the employee themselves actually call in. :P

Since you requested it Dusti, here is a pic of my bags, including the one for my camera that I just finished. It is the empty bag in the photo :lol; the other 2 have something in them.

Yes, the yarn came from HL.

I also put a photo of the cover of the book where I got the patterns.

2860851560057487835Eiyhqm_th.jpg

2856544960057487835GyhhrA_th.jpg

10 more solids please :D

Added. :)

24 solids for me please Mary. for the saltine smackdown solids 368 bi color 16

Hi Cathy! Just making sure...does the 368 total include the 24? :think Thanks. :)

Good afternoon, all. Everyone sounds busy and happy. :yes

Dusti ~ Thank you for the compliment. :manyheart

Linda M~I love your drawstring bags! Thanks for the review on the cotton yarn - it's nice to hear about something before I try it. :hook

Cara, I hope BD feels better soon. DH is almost never sick, but he is an absolutely horrible patient. :lol

Val~What fun! I hope you all have a wonderful time in Orlando.

Since you requested it Dusti, here is a pic of my bags, including the one for my camera that I just finished. It is the empty bag in the photo :lol; the other 2 have something in them.

Yes, the yarn came from HL.

I also put a photo of the cover of the book where I got the patterns.

2860851560057487835Eiyhqm_th.jpg

2856544960057487835GyhhrA_th.jpg

Those came out really great, Linda! I'm surprised you were able to make all three from 2 skeins. And I must find that book! Thanks so much for the "review". That was very cool :yes

Those came out really great, Linda! I'm surprised you were able to make all three from 2 skeins. And I must find that book! Thanks so much for the "review". That was very cool :yes

I found the book at Michaels. And I still have a little bit of the second skein left. Oh, this afternoon I changed the purse a little....I made a 1" wide strap to go around the bag for a handle instead of the drawstrings. Still have them for closing, but the strap is much more comfortable on my shoulder and supports the bag well, too.

Well, here I go again. :D I was upstairs looking through my yarn and patterns and looked at my first fabric quilt hanging on the wall. It's a sampler of all different Nine Patch blocks and about 25 years old. TMI yet? :lol Anyway, it gave me the idea to make a Single Irish Chain quilt ghan and I even have enough Aran and Med. Thyme. So, I've been busy making little squares again. :hook

How are all of the athletes holding up? It's almost been a week already! :cheer

Well, here I go again. :D I was upstairs looking through my yarn and patterns and looked at my first fabric quilt hanging on the wall. It's a sampler of all different Nine Patch blocks and about 25 years old. TMI yet? :lol Anyway, it gave me the idea to make a Single Irish Chain quilt ghan and I even have enough Aran and Med. Thyme. So, I've been busy making little squares again. :hook

Atta girl :h5

Going along on the games. Haven't gotten as much as I wanted done today but that's okay :hook

Can we see a pic of the fabric quilt? I don't know enough about quilting to picture it.

I am LOVING working on the windwalker lapghan for Team Sissie44's seniors and I figured out tonight that between this weekend and next week, I just may finish after all. I've made quite nice progress on my Team FA Awareness scarf/hat sets too.

Joyce

I couldn't stand it any longer....I broke down tonight and went ahead and started another ghan (haven't finished putting the patriotic one together yet).....had to make saltines...going into withdrawal....had to feed the addiction :lol:lol:yes. Don't know how many I made, Mary, but I'll count them in the morning and give a report.

Hi Cara. :)

Joyce, you're doing great on the Windwalker. :cheer

Linda M~Know just how you feel. ;) There's just something about making saltines that is relaxing to me...and we don't have to pay too much attention to what we're doing. :crocheting

Have a good night, everyone. :manyheart

anyone who just wants to make them but not join them can send them to me... I'll join them and send them to charities... I really don't mind putting them together.... I like seeing what I can come up with...

anyone who just wants to make them but not join them can send them to me... I'll join them and send them to charities... I really don't mind putting them together.... I like seeing what I can come up with...

Don't be surprised if my "cast off" box shows up on your door some day :rofl :rofl Those are the extras that I end up with at times :yes

Archived