Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Hi ladies. Here is the Ohio Star Variant without the border. It's a little over 50" x 50" and I'm going to live with it for a while and see if I want to add two more blocks or leave it this size. The colors are RHSS Claret, Windsor Blue and Aran. :hook As always, a big Thank You to Cara for sharing her patterns. :manyheart

Clickable

th_OhioStarVariant006.jpg

Oh oh OH!!! I love it!!! :clap I think you are quite right to leave it that size now that I see how large it came out :yes In fact, I think I shall change the pattern to reflect your change if that's okay with you :D Thank you so much for working that up :hug

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so i have been gone because bf had a cist in his lower back that needed surgery. he went in no Wednesday and stayed till Friday evening. Then on thrusday my son was sick so i went right from work to the hospital and take Ryu (son) to the doctor. i didn't even get to shower! (i work with dogs) then right from there bf's parents dropped me off at the other hospital to learn how to dress the hole in bf's back. then i spent the night there and stayed till frieday evening when bf was let out.

on Saturday, i had a family reunion. lol and sunday was just as crazy trying to clean the room and take care of bf.

but in it all i found time to crochet. soooooo.... 58 solids and 6 bi colors for me please :D

so i have been gone because bf had a cist in his lower back that needed surgery. he went in no Wednesday and stayed till Friday evening. Then on thrusday my son was sick so i went right from work to the hospital and take Ryu (son) to the doctor. i didn't even get to shower! (i work with dogs) then right from there bf's parents dropped me off at the other hospital to learn how to dress the hole in bf's back. then i spent the night there and stayed till frieday evening when bf was let out.

on Saturday, i had a family reunion. lol and sunday was just as crazy trying to clean the room and take care of bf.

but in it all i found time to crochet. soooooo.... 58 solids and 6 bi colors for me please :D

My goodness Sunny. How you found time to eat let alone make satines astounds me. Great job :clap Hope BF and Ryu are doing better now :hug

:sigh Nevermind :lol I just am not meant to have a horse design :lol What I suggest you try is using a simple cross stitch pattern that is 25 square or less wide. I can't do that because of copyrights but for your own personal use you should be able to as long as you buy the pattern :yes

Thank you so much for trying :hug

How realistic of a horse do you want? if you go here you will find a little pony... that was meant for plastic canvas but I think you can adapt it to saltines.http://www.mountainharmony.com/crafts/pics/cartoons/pcpat_littlepony.jpg

I can look in some of my other sites and see if I can find something else.

That pattern may just work! I'll have to mull this over and see what I might be able to come up with. I'm traveling again soon and some graph paper and colored pencils may keep me occupied on the plane :yes

Hi ladies. Here is the Ohio Star Variant without the border. It's a little over 50" x 50" and I'm going to live with it for a while and see if I want to add two more blocks or leave it this size. The colors are RHSS Claret, Windsor Blue and Aran. :hook As always, a big Thank You to Cara for sharing her patterns. :manyheart

Clickable

Oh WOW!!! I love it!! :yay

Now it's time to get ready to head to the gym and the office... Catch you later :hug

Hi Cathy! You know we're looking forward to seeing your Desert Star. :hook

I think its sharp. Its done in cornmeal, navy and country blue, white. Its supposed to be a gift for my parents, might have a hard time parting with it!!!

Started on Just Ducky last night... he's so cute!!!

I will post pics asap

Have a wonderful crocheting day!!!

Cathy

P.S. First day of school here!!!!!!!!! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Clickable

Perfect the way it is!:clap:clap

Hi everyone. Thank you so much for the compliments and opinions. :manyheart Now I can officially say that I still haven't made one of Cara's patterns in it's intended size. :lol I may hang this in my sewing room...it has high ceilings and one wall that could use some color.

Cathy ~ you're going to love Just Ducky! And WTG on your Desert Star. :cheer

Hi Shelly~Great progress on the Amish! Squares are added. :yes

Oh Sunny, it sounds like your life stays super busy. I hope BF and little Ryu are both okay now. :manyheart Squares are on the list!

Oops, I forgot...

Cathy and anyone else making saltines - if you'd like to join the "Saltine Smackdown," just let us know! It's a fun way to keep us motivated and is ongoing. :crocheting

Hi Miss Tracy. :manyheart I'm trying to be good and do some cleaning...but my computer is on the bar in the breakfast room and I have to walk by it a lot. :lol How are you and Denise doing with Team Sky? Can't wait to see the gingham.

That is my problem, laptop is too visible while walking around tidying up. :lol

I think we are doing ok, thank you. :) I am on the second baby ghan (changed from doing one giant gingham to doing baby blankets for a fair). So the baby gingham became a baby one. :lol Sister should be okay with it.

Oops, I forgot...

Cathy and anyone else making saltines - if you'd like to join the "Saltine Smackdown," just let us know! It's a fun way to keep us motivated and is ongoing. :crocheting

I would love to join in with you gals... saltine smackdown... KEWL I got 8 from last night.

Thanks a bunch Mary,

Cathy

Cathy you will enjoy making Just Ducky. That is still one I would like to do.

I think he is absolutely the cutest!!!! He is goiing to be for my nephew "Lil Punk" for christmas.

Lets do one together Wendy..... I've only just started.

OPINIONS NEEDED...

Just to tell you I am stupid as a post when it comes to matching colors... how is this teal, turqua, white? for a gingham? maybe? kinda? sorta?

Cathy

I like those colors...as far as do they "go"

Personal opinion.

I like bright colors....:devil

I would love to join in with you gals... saltine smackdown... KEWL I got 8 from last night.

Thanks a bunch Mary,

Cathy

Hi Cathy ~ As far as the contest, a couple of others have joined in after making/starting something. So...anything you've made since mid-January '08 is a go! All I need from you is how many solids, bicolors, etc. since solids are 1 point and bicolors are 2 points. Whenever you report squares, please separate them, too. :hook Whenever you give me the totals so far, I'll start from there. :yes

Cathy - I think the teal, turqua and white would be very nice :yes I'm like Judy. I like bright colors but I tend to tone it down for the patterns. Not everyone likes bright :lol

Archived