Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Linda, is it you, Trouble and Sarge for the weekend? ENJOY! (Oh, and of course your crochet hook :hook)

Yup. Trouble, Sarge, the fish and me for the weekend. I was going to make a cake for John and Kim to take with them, but decided that Kim's pants needed a new hem more. The legs are now 4 inches shorter and fit her much, much better. She was walking on the bottom of the legs when she first put them on. They are new and not the petite length that she needs.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda - Yeah I'd say pants that she doesn't trip over are more important than cake. Though it is a close call :lol :lol

Okay here's the progress on the Desert Star so far. Obviously, I changed the colors. Couldn't find what I wanted so I just went with red, white, blue and green. Not bad so far. I'm really liking how this is turning out :yes

ds022908.jpg

The desert star looks beautiful... Great start. I can only hope that I get to that level. My husband and I were laughing that my blocks will get better and better as I go. But, practice makes perfect. I finished the squares for the 2nd block but have not put them together. That takes concentration on my part. However, this weekend on the road trip my goal is to finish the squares on the 3rd block. I'll have all day Saturday and Sunday in the car. These road trips are brutal on me but I like being with hubby. :D

It's beautiful, Cara! Your colors are lovely together. :manyheart

Hi Daphne. Have a great weekend and enjoy your crochet time. :hook

Linda - fish, too? :lol I assume they're in an aquarium with Sarge in the house?

My plan for the afternoon is to crochet. :crocheting

Morning everyone,

Its a cold morning here for the first day of Autumn. Wow March has come round quick.

I got the first side of my project completed and he sure looks cute. Boy its hard not saying what it is. This morning the girls and I are getting our haircuts then its back home to crochet. I want to get as much as I can done on the sp project today as I cant take it to mums place tomorrow. Mum is a smoker and well you know the smoke goes through everything, I dont mind with my own stuff but not with something Im making for my sp.

Linda enjoy your weekend.

Cara your desert star looks fabulous. I really like the colors you chose although on my computer screen the green looks grey. I hate it when it does that. Although it does look pretty good with grey. Has anyone claimed this one yet Cara. I really think you should enter some of your ghans into a fair, you would win hands down.:yes

Daphne have a great trip.

Mary how are you going with your projects.

Tabby howdy there, its great to see you. Hope your internet connection gets sorted, because we want to see you in here. What are you working on at the moment.

Linda - Yeah I'd say pants that she doesn't trip over are more important than cake. Though it is a close call :lol :lol

Okay here's the progress on the Desert Star so far. Obviously, I changed the colors. Couldn't find what I wanted so I just went with red, white, blue and green. Not bad so far. I'm really liking how this is turning out :yes

ds022908.jpg

Yeah, John laughed when I told him about hemming them. Said that he'd forgotten that they were too long when he laid them out. He planned to be on the road by noon, but it was 10 'til 3 before they left. He's called twice since then about things he forgot.

Cara, your desert star is beautiful! I love the colors you're using.

Mary, we have a salt water aquarium in the dining room. It has about a dozen fish in it. It's doing much better since we got rid of the fish-eating spiny starfish we had. I think that at least one of the blue ones is pregnant. At least it's got a big belly on it unlike the rest of its kind.

Krystal - another 20 solids and 5 bi-colors for me today. I'm at the point of having to put a bunch of them together now.

Geez, laid down at 11:30. Set the alarm for 1:30. Guess I either slept through it or didn't actually flip the switch. So here it is 3:30 and I've wasted a whole day :blush Guess I needed it. I didn't sleep well at all last night that's why the nap. Oh well at least it's Friday and I can stay up as late as I want :D

Daphne - A two day road trip? Where ya going? Yes, I'm nosy :D

Mary - Crocheting all afternoon sounds like an excellent plan :yes

Wendy - It look grey on my screen too :lol Couldn't get it quite right because it's been overcast all day. Well overcast during the parts of the day I've actually seen so far :lol

Was gonna tidy up our bedroom. It has a tendency to get neglected :blush But I think it'll just stay dirty since I'm so far behind on my hooking :hook

Linda - Oooh a saltwater tank. I've always wanted a saltwater tank. But the maintenence is murder if you don't know what you're doing and I don't. We gave our fish and aquariums away when we moved here two years ago. We had 7 of them all 20 gals plus up to the big 75 gallon one :eek It was just too much for me to keep up with. I sure miss them though. I love fish almost as much as I love cats :manyheart

Hello. My connection actually shut down this a.m. during that post so i'm so shocked to see it posted but i'm happy too. :cheer I'm at my sisters for tonight & she has a puter now so i'm set. My puter connection is still on the fritz but it better fix itself before I get home. :lol I also think that i've figured out that I have bronchitis so unfortunately this is going to last awhile. UGH! :( It's okay, i'll just give it to everyone here. :devil

Wendy~Iam working on the chinese puzzle blocks ghan that I made. I have a half of a block done so far. I brought it with me too. :crocheting

Cara~That ghan is coming along gorgeous. I love it! You are so talented. :clap:cheer:clap

I miss you all too & i'll be in here more often, I promise. Doa is feeling much better too mood wise so things are looking up. When he gets down it does nothing for my depression & motivation. Anywhoo, i'll come in more cause I love ya gals. :ghug

Tabby Im glad that Doa is feeling better as Cara just said, we sure miss you in here. Cant wait to see your progress on the chinese blocks.

Cara yes you need to catch up with hooking now that you have slept most of the day. Although you have done a lot of hooking lately. By the way its a good thing we know what we are talking about.:lol

Krystal~Howdy. Are you you staying in trouble? :devil Keeping all these women on there toes for me while i'm sick? :sick I sure hope so. :heehee

Yeah, pretty much. It's a pretty dull crowd without you and Julie to egg them on.

Krystal - another 20 solids and 5 bi-colors for me today. I'm at the point of having to put a bunch of them together now.

Got you!

Tabby Im glad that Doa is feeling better as Cara just said, we sure miss you in here. Cant wait to see your progress on the chinese blocks.

Cara yes you need to catch up with hooking now that you have slept most of the day. Although you have done a lot of hooking lately. By the way its a good thing we know what we are talking about.:lol

:lol :lol :lol

Linda - Oooh a saltwater tank. I've always wanted a saltwater tank. But the maintenence is murder if you don't know what you're doing and I don't. We gave our fish and aquariums away when we moved here two years ago. We had 7 of them all 20 gals plus up to the big 75 gallon one :eek It was just too much for me to keep up with. I sure miss them though. I love fish almost as much as I love cats :manyheart

I know what you mean. There is something so very soothing about watching fish gliding about with the water bubbling away. Very calming. I have had freshwater and brackish water tanks in the past. This is my first experience with salt water and they are very touchy. I hate to think of all the fish we have lost because of putting the wrong things together. John basically buys what's pretty without paying too much attention to how they will get along together. The current bunch are doing well, however.

ds022908.jpg

Beautiful, Cara!!:clap

I miss you all too & i'll be in here more often, I promise. Doa is feeling much better too mood wise so things are looking up. When he gets down it does nothing for my depression & motivation. Anywhoo, i'll come in more cause I love ya gals. :ghug

I'm so glad Doa is feeling better and hope you feel all better soon, too. Sounds like the Tabby we love so well is back! :manyheart

Here is the latest preemie blanket that's together. Have to have something to post for Photo Friday.

DCP_1362.jpg

Linda, that is adorable! I really like the squares for the baby ghans. :c9

Hello Everybody,

I've been working some long hours without an off day. My assistant is on the team to reset the cosmetics in the stores in my district. I have only 1 shift supervisor and she is hourly. Therefore, I had to work at least 4 16 hours days and 8hours+. I'm finally taking two off days, this weekend. I'm falling asleep as I type so I'm going to close and check back in later. I've missed you guys.

Archived