Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda - Love the flower! I really think that should be your next quilt :D

Tab - Oooh I really like that :yes Especially the block on the top right. Very cool.

I'm am now the proud of owner of three brand spanking new skeins of RHSS Lavender :yay And a mess of ILTY and more RHSS that I picked up for the next two quilts :hook:devil

Morning everyone,

Ladies I have heard from Julie and she is ok.

Cara Im glad you got your yarn.:yay Did they have a lot of the lavender that you needed.

Tracy how are you feeling.:hug

Linda great pattern, are you going to do it, come on I think it would look fantastic.

Tabby I like your pattern too, are they the colors of your loungeroom.

I was busy with my animal saltines last night. Lots of bicolors involved. What I did was to trace a picture of a dolphin and a whale onto graph paper and from that Im making the squares. I have some weird bicolors here, some that only have one corner and others only half. Im hoping that my squares will turn out ok. I will keep you all posted.

I'm not sure what I'm doing next. The puppy cuddle ghan is the next planned one. However, I want to find a picture of a dragon to make into a quiltghan for me, too. Haven't found exactly what I want as yet. At the moment I'm making light blue, baby pink, and white squares for a preemie afghan. A 6 x 6 block ought to be about the right size. All the blue squares are crocheted and most of the baby pink ones.

Hi Miss Tabby~I like your pattern! Let us know what you decide on colors, size, etc. :yes

Tracy, I always want my chicken soup when I don't feel well. The only way that can happen is if I have extra in the freezer. :lol Take care of yourself. :hug

Linda, you are so good for making the preemie ghans and hats. Using the squares for one is a wonderful idea. :)

I'm am now the proud of owner of three brand spanking new skeins of RHSS Lavender :yay And a mess of ILTY and more RHSS that I picked up for the next two quilts :hook:devil

Yay Cara! So glad you found your yarn. I've mixed the ILTY and RH and it seems to work fine together. :yes

I was busy with my animal saltines last night. Lots of bicolors involved. What I did was to trace a picture of a dolphin and a whale onto graph paper and from that Im making the squares. I have some weird bicolors here, some that only have one corner and others only half. Im hoping that my squares will turn out ok. I will keep you all posted.

Sounds challenging, but we know you can do it! :cheer

Wendy, I just use a pad of graph paper I bought at one of the craft stores. Each square of the graph paper is 1/4 inch square and I just make the pattern squares equalling 4 of those squares. It gives me a better size to work the pattern on, especially when they are multicolored.

Thanks ladies. :manyheart

Krystal~I never thought of that. Maybe I should connect them, i'll play with it a bit more. I might leave the lanterns out all together. GRRR!!! I am so not good at this. I like to pick up a pattern & make it. :yes I'll see what I can do tomorrow, going ot relax now because my ear is really getting the best of me. :(

Wendy~My LR is kinda funky with a ton of crap in it. :lol But the general colors of our LR are burgundy, black & i'de have to say tan/khaki since we have alot of natural wood color. I've come to the conclusion that we need a bigger place so we can have one theme in a room. Packed in like sardines we have a couple themes running in here right now. :lol:P

Okay, good night early. :manyheart I'm going to lay my lazy booty down for the 3rd night in a row. :ghug

Tabby are you going to make that pattern, it sure looks nice and Krystals idea of joining the lines is a good one.

Linda might have to get some of that big graph paper. Will have a look, I know there is a website for graph paper. Might look there.

Beep Beep Beep

This is your wake up call, Every Happy House Alarm Clock here. :lol:lol

Ok I will let you sleep in a bit longer.

Just putting my saltines together and hoping that it now looks more like a dolphin.

How are you all going with your :crocheting

Well its my bedtime now, so I will catch up with you all later on.

Night

Night, Wendy. I made three preemie afghans this weekend for the February charity square CAL. The third is of light blue, baby pink, and white squares. They requested not to send pink or blue afghans, but I figured that one that used both should be okay. If they get lots of one color and have babies of the opposite sex, it wouldn't be cool. It's turning out to be very cute. It isn't quite done yet. I still have several seams to sew and the border to add.

Good Morning, all. :)

I hope everyone is getting lots of crocheting done. :crocheting I've got several errands to take care of and then crochet time later. I'm going to try and be good and stay away from yarn stores. :yes

Linda, can't wait to see what you're making!

Hi Wendy and Tracy. :hook

Good morning ladies :flower

I don't think I have anything at all to do today except crochet :yay My hands are pretty stiff this week though. I've slowed down considerably. Stupid arthritis. :grump But it was a nice long up cycle which I'm very happy for. Not down for the count though. Just means instead of 50 squares a day, I make 25 :hook

Good Morning.

Cara~You take care of those hands before you are down for the count, none of us want to see that. :(:manyheart

Linda~Great job on finishing 3 preemie blankies. That is such a sweet thing to dedicate time to. :manyheart Your flower pattern looks great & challenging but if anyone can do it, it is you. :cheer

I have played around with the pattern a bit more & I have come up with a couple things. I followed Krystal's advice on the one & just connected up the center and then with the other I wanted to see what it would look like without the lanterns. I think I like the one without the lanterns better. :yes

(clickable)

th_chinesepuzzlinglanterns2.jpg

th_chinesepuzzlinglanterns3.jpg

Oh Oh OH!! I LOVE this one! If you don't make it I will :D In fact, I just might make it anyway. This one would be even better for my BIL than the Argylesque. :yes Great work Tab! :clap

I have played around with the pattern a bit more & I have come up with a couple things. I followed Krystal's advice on the one & just connected up the center and then with the other I wanted to see what it would look like without the lanterns. I think I like the one without the lanterns better. :yes

(clickable)

Tabby, I like the original and this one the best.

Morning everyone. I have one seam and the border yet to do on the last preemie afghan and then they'll be finished.

Thanks Cara & Linda. :manyheart I definitely plan on going with the chinese puzzle one, it's the one I like the best. When I showed them all to Hubby without telling him my fave he also picked that one. So Houston, we have a winner. :cheer

I will be going through my yarn today sometime to see if I have what I need & if not then off to the store I go. :D:yarn

Archived