Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tracy, I hope your stepfather is okay!

DH and I are getting dinner together and the rain has stopped...good thing because he's grilling. :lol It felt good to have a lazy day by the fire - watching old movies and crocheting.

Tracy, Hope it was nothing too serious and that your stepdad is on the mend very quickly.

We ended up with 5 extra adults and 2 2-year-olds here this afternoon and evening. I had forgotten how busy 2 year olds can be. And two of them was wild. They had spend 6 hours in the car before getting here with no naps so they were really wound up with energy to burn. And our house is NOT toddler proof any more. Wow!! The 2 year olds and their moms and grandma are spending the night at a motel. John's mom and dad are staying here tonight. Then it's everyone to the church for the special anniversary service by 8 am. Not what you'd call a restful weekend.

Tracy hope your stepdad is ok.

Shelly wow your doing fantastic with the saltines. You must be in first place by now.

Had a great day at Mum and Dads place. Got another block done on the Beckys block quilt which is great. I needed a break from the picture quilt.

Morning everyone.

Thank you for thinking of him. He feels important now that I told him people from all over the world asked after him. :D He has a very bad cold and last night he was really struggling to breath and his pump wasn't working, so we made him go to the A&E. They did an x-ray and decided he has an infection in his right lung. He was feeling much better after a couple of minutes on the nebulizer (?) and when we left he was back to his cheeky self. :)

Good morning ladies :flower

Wendy - Glad you're doing a bit better. Mornings seem awful headache time. My head's stopped up a lot in the morning but it's not like yours because it passes quickly. Hope it goes away soon :hug

Tracy - Glad to hear SDs doing better. That can be a scary thing :yes My SD was a cheeky monkey too. They're the best kind :manyheart

Linda! Oh Linda!!! Where are you? Did you survive the Attack of the Two Year Olds?!? Somebody send out a search party.....or scrape up bail :lol

Bright and sunny today so I can go to the store. And starting today Michaels has the Pounders I need to finish this ghan on sale two bucks off :dance For once, waiting a day paid off :D Just gotta get myself awake a bit more and let the church folk down the street get themselves all settled in so I don't have to deal with the traffic. I'll spend half an hour sitting in the drive waiting on them :lol

I just typed a nice long post, hit the submit button and got a big database error message. :think I'll try again! :lol

Hi Cara~It's a beautiful day here, too. Enjoy your yarn shopping.:yarn

Wendy, great progress on your Becky's Blocks. :hook I really want to make that pattern, but I guess I'd better finish something else first.

Tracy, I'm so glad your stepfather is okay. :hug How long will they be at your house?

Shelly~YAY! That is a lot of squares. :crocheting

:grump Michaels was out of the RHSS Lavender that I need to finish up the R&B :grump Joanns doesn't carry that color at all. HL is closed on Sundays and I think they've already stopped carrying it anyway.

That means the big WalMart. I can't drive to the big WM on my own. They let me drive now but now more than 10 blocks unless it's an emergency. Wonder if being down to your last 3/4 skein of Lavender yarn is an emergency? :lol

Oh well, if nephew is in town some time next week maybe he'll take me. I'll buy him Taco Bell. That oughta do it :D Or if I'm really lucky maybe BD won't be busy with the game this afternoon or tonight and I can whine enough sweet talk him into taking me :D

I just typed a nice long post, hit the submit button and got a big database error message. :think I'll try again! :lol

I absolutely hate when it does that :irk I've gotten to where I copy the msg to the clipboard first if it's a long one :lol

K... reporting in with 141 solids for this week.. I'll probably get more done tonight but will add them on next week ...

Shelly, WOW!!!!!!!!!! :eek

Hi, Cara. I survived the company. It was sooo early when the alarm went off at 6:30 this morning. We had to leave here at 8 am in order to get to the church by when John Sr. wanted to be there. The church is celebrating its 160th year anniversary and they were honoring the past pastors today. Another daughter met us there with a bunch of her family, including the youngest great grandchild who is less than 5 weeks old. John Sr. had 16 family members present. There was a dinner after the service. We just got back home to a quiet house and no more company. I'm more than ready to put my feet up and relax.

I finished the super-sized Becky's Block preemie afghan last night. I started another one using a variety of stitches this morning. I'm more or less making it up as I go. It has cables in triple crochet in it as part of the design.

Tracy, I'm glad your father-in-law is doing better. It's so scary when you can't breathe.

I finished the calculations for the puppy cuddle-ghan last night. BUT, I'm not starting it until the LotL is finished up. Probably will have it done by the end of the week. I'm NOT having more than one quilt-ghan going at once this year. (I know, I know. Famous last words. At least I can try.)

Linda - Glad to hear peace and quiet has returned :hug You definitely deserve a nice little break. Good luck on one quilt at a time. I've had to make myself do the same thing. Just too overwhelming otherwise :hook

jsut stopping in to say Hi and good bye... going to my Mom's for the week or until she kicks us out... Angel is going with me so she can play with her cousins... Haley is having a week to pretend she's an only child and put up with her Mother and Grandfather... I'm taking Haley over for a weekend at Gramma's in a couple weeks... Mom gets really nervous when both the girls are there together 'cause they bicker... and she is use to only her being there all the time with the grandkids that live across the road stopping in for a little bit...

The hardest part was trying to figure out what yarn and projects to take... I took five projects that need to be finished and some extra yarn just in case... I also am taking some material and a pattern to make myself some fleece lounge pants... Mom is the sewer and her dining room area is her sewing room so I don't have to dig everything out like I would here...

Morning everyone,

Well headache is back again, not sure if its still the cold, that time of the month or allergies or maybe its because its monday and I have to go to work.

My picture quilt is in half now, it was just too big especially for a single bed size. Now Im replacing all the white squares with just blue and trying to figure out the fish and whales to go in there. Boy its not easy. I will have lots of white squares left over for the next project. Never again will I try to copy a scenery cross stitch into a square quilt.

Linda sounds like you had a great time but then you were also glad when everyone went home. Cant wait to see the preemie ghan you made using the beckys block pattern.

Mary thats annoying when you get a error message while trying to send a post. I hate it when it does that.

Cara that wasnt very nice of Michaels not to have the yarn you need. Hope you can get it somewhere else soon.

Shelly way to go, thats a lot of squares. Cant wait to see your progress.

Has anyone seen Shay?

Archived