Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, now that is just cruel, isn't it Cara?

I'm on a yarn diet. I didn't even flinch when I saw the Caron One Pounders on sale 2/$8 at ACMoore this week. I just walked into my closet and looked up and counted the 20 of them there!!!! :lol

Yeah, I've got about 50 skeins of Vannas but those don't count! They were Christmas gifts. Good thing we don't have ACMoore or I'd be pouting over the Pounders too :lol I'd forgotten how nice that yarn is until I got some on sale recently at Michaels. Used to use it a lot when we were in NY. Aames (don't even think they're in business anymore) always had a fabulous price on it :yes

Judy, do you have JoAnns? Vanna's yarn is on sale for $2.50. :)

I think I'd use more gas driving there than the savings would be on the yarn:think

Michaels has a sale this week...as does AC Moore...and they're closer. Have to pass right by both of them on Friday for another chiro appt with DS:c9

Tomorrow is curmudgeon day...:P

I didn't get the Vanna's today because my gift card was at home. :blush I wish we had A.C. Moore stores here. :yes

Just Ducky is growing...7 rows completed as of this evening! :crocheting

See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

Sounds like everyone's been busy. I ran errands for a good bit of the afternoon. Went to Michael's and picked up a lighted J hook. The weather outside today was glorious. Almost warm enough to shed my sweatshirt. Then this evening I started reading "Creature" by John Saul. This is one very good book. Scary in the 'this could really happen if we don't monitor scientific/medical research carefully' way. I'm a little over half way through it already. And he's got a whole bunch of books out there. If this is typical of his writing, I may have found myself another favorite author. :lol :lol :lol He reminds me a lot of Robin Cook.

Good Morning, all. It's cloudy and drizzling - a trip to the store and then I'll be staying in. :)

Linda, do you like the lighted hooks? None of our stores have them right now and I've been wanting to try one. I may order one online. :think

Wendy, you are so speedy! Can't wait to see your progress. :hook

Cara, I hope you're okay and can get to the dr. today. :hug

Good morning. It's nice here today. Sunny and warm.

Mary, I have the lighted hooks but haven't used them yet. I'm planning to try them out later today.

Cara, I did a sample of the sedge stitch and got as close as I could. Any closer and it gets really blurry. I've got 4 blocks done now: 1 solid black, 1 solid cherry red, and 2 black and cherry red striped. The picture is NOT an actual block. I did it this way to try to make the stitch show up.

DCP_1322.jpg

Linda - Oh that makes a very nifty effect :yes Thanks for the photo and the work on it :hug

Well, back from the doc....the coughing is just my allergies (yay!)...lungs are all nice and clear...no sign of infection....foot's not broken just ripped the ligaments...she says it'll hurt like heck for about 6 weeks but that's it. So I'm gonna live after all. Now I'm gonna have an allergy tablet and a sammich :D

Glad you're going to live, Cara. :lol :lol :lol

Now lets hope that Julie make it through her doctor's appointments in one piece.

You got that right :yes When was she supposed to be done? :think

Afternoon Ladies!!

I have been without a keyboard and couldn't write...could read but that was it....boy does that boil your blood :angry.

Cara

Is your site down???I went over there to write down the amounts i need for the Desert Star becouse im going to town today and it wont let me on...it keeps saying that its not responding.Glad your Doc visit went good for you.

I've used the lighted hooks and like them - and I'm not one for drastic changes in how I do things. The hook has that broad (clover-like) base.

Howdy doody dudettes.

Cara yes I dont know how I did that block so quick, I was making it while watching tv. Im glad everything went well at the doctors and that you havent broken your toe.

Linda that looks great with all the different colors.

Just finished block #5. It's in dark sage and gold. The Crochet Lite hook takes a little getting used to because of the shape of the handle, but it does make it easier to see what you are doing, especially with the really dark colors. So far I have a smidgeon of black, cherry red, gold and dark sage left over from the the blocks I've done so far. I'm toying with the idea of making the last block using all the bits and pieces left over from the rest of the blocks just for the heck of it. What a mishmash that would be! :lol :lol :lol

Wendy, I'm thinking that since this is a stash buster and I don't really know what all the colors are going to be yet, that I might just wait to put it together until I have all the blocks done. That way I can play around with the placement until I get it just the way I want it.

Afternoon ladies :flower

Had a nap and feel super nifty! :jumpyay Had a mailbox full of goodies waiting too so BONUS! :D

Shay - The site is okay now. I goes down for 45 minutes to 1 hour at random times once a week for site backup. I have no control over it anymore because we outgrew the server here and had to get an off site server. Ah the price of fame :fame:rofl :rofl :rofl

Linda & Wendy - Man y'all are truckin' right along on those squares! Great job! :clap:cheer

What'd ya get in the Mail, Cara???? HUH? HUH???

Welllll, I got my prize from Shelly for winning the Sky CAL thingy last month which was wonderful stuff! She really outdid herself :yes. I got baby pictures of Peyton, I got some more HYH stuff I ordered from the printer and some new clothes. Oh and I got a HL card from you :hug Gonna go spend that sucker as soon as I can get my shoes on again :lol

Archived