Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Morning folks, and thanks for all lthe positive thoughts.

K-that was sweet, but I'm wondering if you mean YOU GUYS all need counseled by dr Phil too ? :lol

Cara- that's a weird sign to have up on a pain management office, isn't it ? I'd think they'd want something a little more upbeat and positive , :think

Cara- I got a good chuckle out of BD's purchases ! Sounds like he hit every department in the store , :lol

Linda- yep, we will all be waiting to see your newest creation -- you sure do have the color-combos down to an art .

Renee- get those ends woven in, then start on the Casa -- Wendy is the only one who has been courageous enough to give it a go . It is BEAUTIFUL .

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cara- that's a weird sign to have up on a pain management office, isn't it ? I'd think they'd want something a little more upbeat and positive , :think

Morning, Jules!!:hug

You know what it is....when they're "in" the business they can't see things from the other viewpoint. That's something we've been trying to get across the DS (the chiropractor).

Morning Judy ! Good to see you today .

Yea, I remember working in the hospital. Many of the Dr's were very good, but not all of them have good bedside manner. They were really good at knowing what was wrong and fixing it, but had little regard sometimes for the patient's feelings and concerns.

We'd have to go in afterwards and try to make the patient feel more at ease, after the Dr would come in and mention something pretty scarey to them ,then just walk out, not knowing that the patient wasn't dealing well mentally with it .

Wendy, that BB is sooooo tempting...I keep looking at the stash I have...

How big should it come out using Cara's exact pattern?

Well each square is supposed to be 12inches so with 4 squares across and with the border Im guessing the total size will be about 52 inches squared. My squares are only 9.5inches so mine is going to be a bit smaller.

That's right:P...I forgot.:blush

I may do it with scraps or use Vanna yarn and make it for the living room...actually make something that will MATCH! Phil isn't kicked with the multi color 3 sub sitting there now:lol

Morning ladies :yawn

Wendy - Yes, the dinner was nice. Basically, just appetizers. I love my husband very much but the only things he can make are appetizers, breakfast and take away :lol And no, I'm not gonna make the Casa. I already did one :D

Still trying to get more sleep than 2 or 3 hrs at a time. Thought I was doing better. Guess not :( Told BD he's gonna have to take off some time on Monday to take me to the doctor. He said it wasn't a problem. I can drive myself around if it's close to home but the doc is clear on the other side of town. And it's a big town. We're talking 30 minutes to get there if the traffic is good. Plus, my driving foot is the one that I hurt :blush

Gonna take some more meds and hook a bit. Hopefully, that'll lull me back to sleep :yes

Wendy writes: Judy the pattern is very easy and quick. Does Phil like things to match.

Oh, yes:P

Do you have vanna yarn that would match in your living room.

No Vanna yarn...but there are some sales going on...:devil

Im going to have to get some vanna yarn I reckon.

Poor Wendy:lol

I'm tempted to make myself the Casablanca. Not sure yet if I will, because I hate weaving ends, but it sure is pretty. But then I remember I have an afghan I finished 18 months ago except for all the ends that need to be woven in (it's a striped pattern). Not to mention the 63 more squares all waiting for me to weave in the ends and assemble...

Let us know what you decide! You know we're always here for support and fun. :hook

Tracy, it's great to see you! :) I hope you had a great time in London with Denise.

I'd take pictures of DH right now, but I don't want to interrupt him. He's actually cleaning his office shelves and desk. :eek I was vacuuming in there and muttering about all the mess and put the guilt trip on him. :lol He's really neat about things except his office stuff...I was his Office Mgr for 8 years and know all too well.:yes

Hope you all are having a good day. :manyheart

Morning Wendy

Yes, it was good to get away from home and not do much. After she had moved the first weekend I crocheted most of the time. Did a lot of frogging too, cos I couldn't decide what to make for my cousin as a wedding present. Eventually decided on a RR in sparkly white. Haven't had a chance to work on it since I got home, but hopefully will finish it soon so that I can post it to her in South Africa. I did make a scarf for SIL and doll backpack as presents and three outfits for DD's Big Bratz Baby she got for christmas.

Judy, do you have JoAnns? Vanna's yarn is on sale for $2.50. :)

Now why do you say things like that when I've gotta go give all my money to the doctor tomorrow? :lol

Tracy - Sounds like a great idea for a wedding gift!! :manyheart Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Archived