Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Hmmm, dunno if he'd appreciate it being a doctor and all. I've stepped in it again I do believe :blush

Oh, no need to worry. HB doesn't consider himself a "real" doctor.. :lol He knows his stuff really well and isn't afraid to admit when something is beyond his scope.

pic?id=5490riuOQ5BDyJX5xAhydcm9aupnNreCs1Mw&size=m

This was a fun pattern!

Colleen

Colleen - that is absolutely FANTASTIC!!! How bad were the ends?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies :flower

K - :whew Good to know I don't have to run to the doc myself for my chronic Foot in Mouth Syndrome :lol

Wendy - Wow! I love 'em both. I love how you worked the one cat tail into Coco's name. I must say though I, too, am leaning toward the koala. That one is real exceptional. Great work :clap

Woke to a great surprise this morning. The alarm went off and Tuon came running into our room. She hasn't done that in over a month. She's frisky and bright eyed. At least she's having a good day so far :manyheart

Hi, Gail - I would love to see a pic when you can get one!!

Colleen - BEAUTIFUL graph ghan.:clap Are you addicted to them like I am?

Oh, no need to worry. HB doesn't consider himself a "real" doctor.. :lol He knows his stuff really well and isn't afraid to admit when something is beyond his scope.

Hi, K - That's my son's attitude, too - he actually doesn't use the title "Doctor" much at all - his patients do...

Hi, Cara, what a terrific way to start your day! Give Miss Tuon a scratch behind her ears for me:manyheart

WOW Colleen that is lovely!! What is the name of the pattern?

That's the Desert Star pattern but she did it as a graph instead of saltines. Isn't it amazing?

Rats the website is down today :( They're having system wide problems. Guess these thunderstorms that were going across the country yesterday caused some trouble. If anyone needs anything just holler and I'll email :D

Cara your having weird weather there arent you. Hope the weather dies down soon for ya.

Say Cara on my Koala pattern how do I get those lines to show, you know by the leg and face, do I just use a darker shade of grey there.

Cara your having weird weather there arent you. Hope the weather dies down soon for ya.

Say Cara on my Koala pattern how do I get those lines to show, you know by the leg and face, do I just use a darker shade of grey there.

Yes, you could probably do it that way. I'm not real big on shading in the picture quilts. Doesn't seem to work well for me. I just use either topstitching or make chains of the color I want the line to be and then stitch it to the area. I do believe we had the topstitching discussion a while back and some folks had trouble with it. :think I prefer the make a chain long as you need then stitch it on technique. It's easier :lol

Hey everyone, hope ya'll are having fun. Not too long ago I made the Big Top Quilt in baby pink, blue, yellow and white; I make enough blocks to cover a queen size bed like quilt, 6x8. It turned out beautifully but I don't have a camera right now to take a pic of it. I completely understand what it takes and how much time it takes to make a quilt-ghan and honestly the finished product is well worth it. I want to show support to all of you and if I can help please let me know. Have fun!!!

Congratulations on finishing the Big Top! Are you going to make another quilt ghan? :hook

Good Morning, all. :)

Karen, I've added your 25 squares. :yes

Wendy~as much as I love the cats, the Koala is my favorite, too! Great designs. :cheer

Cara, I'm so glad Miss Tuon is perkier this a.m. :manyheart Are you working on your ATW?

I am reporting 15 solids and 14 bicolor squares...to myself. :lol

Wendy, I said you could do it and the koala is cute. :yes:yay

Cara, :woo for Tuon perking up, hope it keeps up. :yes

Wendy, haven't done any work on the Casa since the other night. :( When I spin the wheel again, it is the ATW. I am trying to finish the triquetra and cat filet, triquetra almost done. :yay

Hi, everyone. It's overcast here today and supposed to rain later I think. John has a softball game tonight. Yup, it's their first one and already he's playing. So much for playing only if they absolutely need him. They already absolutely need him. He's by far and away their best pitcher as it is.

Colleen, that is absolutely stunning!!! Wonderful job!!! My hats's off to you.

Wendy, I'm with the rest of the gang in liking the koala best. Although the kitties are cute, too.

Gail, congratulations on completing the Big Top!! We'd love to see pictures of it whenever you get a chance.

So far today, I've been reading and working on snowflakes. Finished a beaded one and then did a second of the same pattern but without any beads. I'll show pictures eventually, after they've been starched. They don't look like much until then. I have then scattered all over the place downstairs at the moment. I think I've got them all collected and then I start finding more here and there. :lol :lol :lol

Well, just woke up from a way too long nap. The alarm went off about 4 times. Then I finally felt a cat jump on the bed. Thought to myself "Misa wants me up" and I look at the foot of the bed and it's Tuon! Just sitting there staring at me. Then she started playing with my foot. I loved on her and got up and she went running down the hall. I know full well this might be a case of a couple of good days before the final bad turn. Happens with humans and I know it happens with animals too. I'm just so glad she's been given a good day and I'm remaining cautiously optomistic. I know I'm going on about this too much but thank you for bearing with me :manyheart

Oh, Cara, I'm so happy she's having a good day and hope that it is just the start of many more. I know how hard it is to lose a loved furbaby, but the loving is worth the pain. :hug :hug Hopefully you and Tuon have lots of good times yet to come.

Wendy, I really want to start that graph ghan. I hope I can do that by Friday - I have all the yarn in a bag, and hook at the ready:hook A few more charity squares first...I promised some people....

I'm still at the 50th row of the filet...

DId you ever wonder what the filet would look like done up as a graph ghan?:devil

Thanks everyone, I too like the Koala.

Joy thanks, I can make the ears bigger, in fact they were bigger and I adjusted them. so no problems to put the big ears back again.

Cara dont apologise for going on about Tuon, she is your baby and your concerned about her. I just hope she now on the mend.:hug

Judy how exciting, your about to start a graph ghan and as for the filet worked up as a graph ghan, yes I think it would look amazing. I reckon you must look at all patterns and see how they can be done as a graph ghan.

Linda congrats on getting some snowflakes done.:yay

Tracy that darn wheel keeps landing on the ATW doesnt it. Congrats on nearly getting the Triquetra done, isnt that for your daughter for her birthday and isnt that very soon.

Linda, can't wait to see pictures of your snowflakes. :yes

Morning Wendy, when are you going to start the koala? :devil

That darn wheel, must have a mind of it's own. :lol There are only 6 crochet projects on the list and three of them need to be worked on regularly. The triquetra is for her birthday, :yes. Almost finished and that will be the second WIP off my list. I want to try to finish the cat filet soon. It is a comfortghan project for my aunt, but her birthday is 12th June, so thought I would make it a 2-in-1 for her.

Im going to do the Koala for the Ancient games or maybe I could do the Koala now and leave the cat one for the games. Hmmm decisions decisions. I also thought with the Koala that it needs leaves, I wonder if there is a leaves pattern that I could make and sew them on, what do you all think.

Tracy your Aunt is going to love the cat filet your making Im sure. Wow you will have nothing to do soon with all the wips your finishing. You will only have the Casa left and so when you spin the wheel, hmm what will it land on, Oh the Casa.:D

Yup, Wendy - I DO look at things and think "graph ghan":lol

And I'm sure you can come up with a leaf pattern to stitch on the Koala blanket...that would look great!

Gotta go for now...later, gators!:hug

Cara - I'm not a cat person, but I'm not sick of Tuon progress reports yet. I was wondering about the good days before bad myself, but for once kept my mouth shut. You never know what's gonna happen with these animals. I thought my Zeus was a goner this winter with that stomach thing he had going, but he perked right back up... ya never know.

Wendy, there is a leaf pattern I do with thread one one of the doilies I make. I'm quite sure it could be done with yarn and yarn hook, too. Let me see if I can find it. I could email the details to you if you will shoot me your email address. I think I even know what pattern booklet it's in. I'll look in a bit.

Wendy - Actually the leaves might be able to be incorporated as saltines unless you're looking for a 3D effect. I'd have to go see what a eucalyptus leaf looks like though :lol

K - Yeah these pets are just trying to drive us into an early grave. No wonder we think of them as children :lol

Tuon's actually still doing well. She seems tired now but that's to be expected. Still not getting my hopes up. Time will tell. Considering the veterinary profession has no treatment I've been looking at homeopathic lines (that's from hanging around with K :lol). Only thing I've found is high calorie, high protein, multi-vitamins, anti-oxidants and rest. So that's what we're doing. It's all we can do. Gotta talk to my doctor though. I'm really getting awful depressed. :(

Archived