Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Morning Wendy, you have been busy with your saltines. :yes

Mary, it isn't really far, but public transport and car takes about the same time. The train is just over an hour to get to London, then I think we will travel about another hour and a half getting across London by tube and another train to where she is staying. She works in London and is thinking of taking a half day off to meet us so we can make the most of the weekend. :D

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tracy, it sounds like you're in for a fun time. Enjoy your visit.

Morning, Wendy. I was a lot more tired than I thought.

I'm attempting a beaded snowflake at the moment. It's different and I've had to ad lib quite a bit, but it's going to be pretty.

(posted on Thursday)

I have an IUD in for birth control and have not had any problems with it for the last well, almost a year. then suddenly, the week of the 4th I started bleeding a menstrual. I took it in stride and handled it for 7 or 8 days and it ended just in time for me to go to my mom's with out a problem. But on Sunday i started spotting again. This time the bleeding was so heavy i was using a lot of tampons and pads at the same time. I was feeling drained and dizzy at work (not ok with living breathing animals around). It even a possibility i passed out during a break and just thought I'd fallen asleep.

I took this all week till yesterday i barely made it home. I planned on calling the OB when i got home and going in to see her Friday. I went out with BF to play Guitar Hero and relax when i bleed through another tampon i'd just put on 2 hours before. i had to get one from our friends girlfriend @ 9:30. The rest of the night I was loopy and couldn't focus on anything we were talking about in the hookah circle so we went home for me to rest. But when i got home at 11:00pm, the tampon was soaked through again! So i called the advice nurse and she said i could be hemorrhaging and to go to the ER. ER in my mind means "No Work!" i didn't want to go and was going to wait till Friday. But this time BF stepped in and told me i was going to ER even if i didn't want to.

We got to the hospital around 11:30 - 11:45 and I was admitted into a room at 3am. after waiting anther hour I got my fluids and some morphine for the cramping pain (they were like contractions). They took blood samples and did tests. While waiting for the results, I had a pelvic exam and the doc pulled out my iud. it turns out that it was sitting at the edge of my uterus and had dislodged from its place. it was a chicken or egg thing. did the bleeding from the previous menstrual move it or did it cause more bleeding? In any case i was going through pads again and had to get some from the hospital.

the tests on my blood came back that i was 2-3 points away from a blood transfusion. That over the last few days I'd lost enough blood that if I'd waited i would have bled so bad i would have passed out or worse.

BF kept getting mad because i was looking at the clock telling them to hurry so i could get to work. Even at 6am i was saying "if they hurry i could get home change, and you could give me a ride. I can still be clocked in at 7" This is how out of it i was. But i guess i felt frustrated because I'd never called in before and wanted a good record, my manager is also expecting (her first) and I want to be there for her if she needed anything. BF finally called the store manager and told him what was going on. I was happy to hear that he wasn't upset but worried about me instead, he said he'd tell my ddc manager and let her know why i wasn't going to be there.

In the end i spent the morning in and out of it (because of morphine and blood loss) and going to the restroom to change the pad/tampons. my OB called and put me on a pill to stem the bleeding and Vicodin 5/500 for the pain. I may even be getting Motrine 600 for the bleeding also. I have to call the ob to get an appointment to figure out what really happened but for now I'm told to stay home and rest.

As far as my job, as soon as i was out and got reception, i called my manager and talked to her. She said not to worry about how busy it was at work (because here i am again thinking i could still work even though my shift would have been over at 1pm and it was 10am) but wanted to make sure i was ok and to get some rest. I guess she knew i felt really bad about not being there, but luckily she had both me and another person scheduled so he could help her. Also it wasn't as busy as most Thursday mornings so there were not so many dogs as i thought there would be. And if i needed to i could take Friday off too. But I can't be away from the dogs for the whole weekend again! So i'm going to see if I can go in, even for a few hours to help out.

(Saturday)

Friday and today i still cant believe i got up at 5:45 on friday to be at work by 7am. i got my morning chai and walked to work as i always do. when i arrived, the manager looked at me and asked "what are you doing here?" well of course i had to come to work. i did it all out of habbit i guess. i was a zombie walking to work friday and a zombie working too. so to make sure i was ok, i staied in the small dog room and only went with the big dogs to help the new guy decipline and get a dog in the kennel. also to say hi to my big boy "noah". i love him so much. he's really big. anyway after doing that i was able to take short naps during brakes and sit down during work because it wasn't too bad with the small dogs. i ended up staying the whole 6 hours that i was supposed to. It was a good thing i did because the new girl called in. so i stayed an extra 2 hours.

so bf decited to stay up all that night too. and if anyone knows me, i cant sleep with someone typing and clicking and yes, talking while on a computer. so he got to be at 3 or 3:30 on his work day. i had it all planned out that i would sleep in and he would go to work. but since he stayed up all night he called in with a "headache". i was so angry. and not even a moment later at 6:45 my manager calls and says that someone else called in. i guessed who it was and she laughed; it was the new girl again. she said she didn't know who else to call and felt really bad for wakeing me. i thought, "well may as well, she needs help. besides i don't want to try to sleep with bf on the computer all day again (even though he was supposed to be at work)" so i got up out of habbit, put on some make up so that i wouldn't look to pale as i'd already taken some vicodin for my cramping. So if i thought i was a zombie friday, i was a real zombie today. lucky for me, most of the time, i was alone with mikey, a cuddle dog. it was so relaxing, he nearly put me to sleep. later, i got to meet some new dogs and they were so sweet, the female just loved to lick my nose.

at the end of my shift my manager was very greatful for me being there. and i was more then happy to be of use. i've never turned down the chance to stay late or go in when someone else calls in. not only did i get to get out of the house and not have to bother with bf, but i got to make up a few hours i lost while in the hospital on thrusday. When i got back i checked my mail and took a shower. after that i was back in bed. and believe it or not, all this time me working bf was still in bed when i got back. and had the nerve to complain when i was typing on the computer. anyway i was able to get some rest and then i had to watch ryu for a while. but sunday is hopfully my true day of rest before monday comes along. that way i will at least be ready for the week.

(Sunday)

Today i'm resting still. i'm hoping to finnish a row for the week and get it posted. sorry it's been so long i haven't posted. but i'll be back to show pics. :D

Morning everyone

Sharon welcome to the group. What pattern are you doing.

Thanks! I'm doing the Diamond Square pattern. I'm using Vanna's Choice in Olive, Dusty Green, Purple and Dusty Purple.

Got row 3 done today. So, I can add 12 bi-color and 6 solids to my total.

It's been a long day, but good for the most part. :)

Wendy and Sharon ~ I've recorded your squares. :hook I made some this evening, too. I guess I report them to myself? :lol

Sunny ~ I hope you feel better soon...it sounds like your manager is understanding, so get some rest and take care of yourself. :manyheart

Linda, one of these days I'm going to make more snowflakes with thread. It's only been about 20 years since I made some. :blush I still have them and put them on our tree every year. Please share pictures with us. :yes

Karen~WTG on making 40 more squares! Have you decided how big your ATW will be?

I'm not sure how big it will be yet. What advice do you all have for me? I had it mapped out originally and when I worked out the finished size (2.5 times too many squares) it would have been over 7 feet square.... So I took off some rounds on my diagram to bring it down to about six feet square. Then talking to my Mom - who quilts this pattern in fabric - she suggested she thought it should be rectangular instead of square. What do you all usually do??

So long answer short (too late) I am not sure what size it will be when I'm done...

Karen,

To me it would depend who and what kind of bed it is for.

For me, I would use it on a king-sized bed, so six feet square would JUST cover the top of it, with nothing to hang over. 7 foot square would be JUST RIGHT for that. If you've got a queen or twin, different sizes even still.

I hope you all are having a good day. We're staying right here and have a small turkey on the smoker. Most of the morning was spent in the yard, but now it's crochet time for me. :hook

Karen, I think it's just personal preference as far as the size/shape of the ATW. I made a baby quilt using the ATW pattern and it was square. It will be beautiful either way! :yes

Sunny, please take good care of yourself. That's a lot of blood that you lost. Eat lots of stuff high in iron to help you build back up, such as liver, red meat, and dark green leafy veggies.

I just read up on the crochet games that are going on during the Olympics. Is anyone in here going to participate? I think that I will, but don't know what as yet. I have two patterns I made a while ago that I want to try out. They are both about 320 squares. One is 1/3 bi-color squares and the other is 2/3 bi-color squares. One is in just 2 colors, the other is in 8 colors. I think they are both just barely doable in 16 days, but I'm not sure. I also have a poncho that I'd like to make for myself. Dither, dither, dither.....

Linda, I don't think I can commit to the "games," but it really sounds like fun. If you decide to take part, we can be your cheerleaders. :cheer

Thanks, Mary. I have a feeling that I'm going to need that big time if I choose either of the two quiltghans I thinking of doing. They are both about 320 squares, BUT the the first is 2/3 bi-color squares and the second is 1/3 bi-color squares. And to do either in just the 16 days that the games are on is going to be really pushing it. I've never done one of these in that short a time. And I do want to watch the Olympics. :lol :lol :lol They would definitely be a "Mad Hooker on the loose" project.

DCP_1139.jpgDCP_1203.jpg

Hmmm, the games look like they could be fun. I think I'll wait a bit before deciding anything though. See how things go for the next little while :yes

Archived