Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Mary I hope Maggie will be ok. I will be thinking of you both.

Cara wow your getting drenched there arent you. Thats a lot of rain. Congrats on finishing the man ghan now you cant start the ATW

Oh why dont we all join Cara and do a ATW. What colors shall we do it in. Come on whose game.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary - What time is Maggie supposed to be finished with her surgery?

I sorted out my Vanna's and it seems I was gifted mainly blue and pink so that's looking like the color scheme :lol I have a bunch of taupe and an olive-y green but I don't think that'll work well with the others. There were 46 skeins in all :eek I emptied a whole bin :lol

I need to get going on the ATW again...the saltine smackdown was a good idea, but I'v fallen by the wayside on doing them...and it's so easy!!

Mary, if you and Wendy want to get going on one I'll drag mine out again and have a go at it.

Where is the pattern, please?

I need another project like I need a hole in the head! :eek

K - 4 solids for me, please.

I'll send you an email with the link:D

Oh cool!! We'll all make ATWs :hook

I laid out my colors and used all of them. Even the taupe and green. Hopefully it's not too ugly :lol :lol

Y'know, I was just THINKING....

If one were to take all of the skeins of yarn in my stash that "coordinate" and then just start making squares and storing them in a bag/bin/tote while making squares, then you could just attach them when they were done. Does this make sense?

Also, I was trying to think of a way to make a TAW using the box stitch. Do you think it could be done? Because I'm not sure if I want to start making MORE motifs! (Did I mention I have a test afghan that is all motifs? I have to start it as soon as I finish my dots).

Hi, K - I wouldn't wait till you made ALL the squares before joining them, though.

I mean, I actually enjoy joing squares, but uh-uh, not when there's a boatload of them!

Off to dig out my ATW!

K - I always seem to make extra squares with a project for some reason. Plus, if I have just a little bit of the skein left I make saltines from that too. When I get 144 "odd" saltines I make pet blankets from 'em :yes But I've never tried what you're suggesting but I have been tempted to.

I'm totally ticked off right now :irk I have gone outta my way all month to conserve energy because the electric bill comes out of my pension. Plus, my credit cards and the homeowners insurance. Whatever's left is mine. I was expecting a bill of around $300 but that blankety-blank-blank thing is $416!! :angry Why did I pick such a big house? Oh yeah, I remember. To have a whole room just to store my yarn :sigh

Cara, you'd love it in my house, then. My electric bill almost NEVER goes above $70. Not sure you'd like my frugal way of life, though... :lol :lol

You're like my sister. Her's is only $97 this month. I have no idea how y'all have such tiny bills. Lowest I've ever had in this house was $187. I was doing the happy dance that month :lol It's just that I'm incredibly hot natured. Wish I was one of those people that were always freezing since winter is only about two weeks here :lol

Cara, I love it! It is just perfect for a guy. :yes

uh oh, here comes that hole in the head! Well, it can keep all the other holes company. :lol

:rofl Tracy, you are too funny. :D

Cara, that is stunning, your BIL is going to love it. :yes

I have the pattern for the ATW, I am mentally running through what is in my stash to make it. :think Worried if I dig it out I will start now and not finish the bag, dress, top, cat filet and rainbow ghan that are all laid out here to be finished. :lol

Good morning, all. It is overcast here today and they are predicting rain for Thursday and Friday.

The piano tuner is here and working on the piano. It is a whole step flat!!!!! Ouch!!!! It will take several tunings to get it to where it belongs. He's taking it about 30% of the way there today and getting it in tune with itself.

I was getting ready to assemble the next block on the puppy and discovered that some of the squares I had were of a different yarn, so it's back to crocheting squares, so that they all match. Not sure how that happened.

Cara, that man ghan is absolutely wonderful. :yay:clap:yay If BIL isn't super pleased, he's got holes in his head.

Pictures in a bit.

We talked to the Vet and Maggie is just waking up and okay...and I'm crying with relief. :) We get to pick her up late this afternoon. :manyheart

Once the tears stop, I'm going to crochet until it's time to go get her. :hook

We talked to the Vet and Maggie is just waking up and okay...and I'm crying with relief. :) We get to pick her up late this afternoon. :manyheart

Once the tears stop, I'm going to crochet until it's time to go get her. :hook

Oh thank goodness! :clap:manyheart Now dry those tears. You'll get your yarn wet :hug :hug

Archived