Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Linda wow thats a lot of multicoloured squares and Im betting a few ends to weave in. Cant wait to see your progress.

Cara your goddess ghan sounds interesting, is it a new creation of yours.

I didnt do any squares last night, just worked on the rainbow ghan. I needed a break from working all weekend on the squares.

Gotta go to work now.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question! This idea has been floating around in my head since last year when DD and her DH bought their new-very old house. It has a second story on the back of the house, but from the street it looks like a one story 1920's bungalow...very symmetrical with a big window on each side of the front door and a porch across the front with wooden pillars. TMI yet? :lol

Do you suppose I (with your help ;)) could make a quilt ghan similar to Cara's Our House pattern but with their roofline, chimney and at least one of their 100 year old trees in the front? I'm going to take some pictures tomorrow when I'm there. Thank you, ladies. :manyheart

Question! This idea has been floating around in my head since last year when DD and her DH bought their new-very old house. It has a second story on the back of the house, but from the street it looks like a one story 1920's bungalow...very symmetrical with a big window on each side of the front door and a porch across the front with wooden pillars. TMI yet? :lol

Do you suppose I (with your help ;)) could make a quilt ghan similar to Cara's Our House pattern but with their roofline, chimney and at least one of their 100 year old trees in the front? I'm going to take some pictures tomorrow when I'm there. Thank you, ladies. :manyheart

I would think that you could. One of us or more than one of us could certainly give it a try.

Mary - Yep, with some photos it might be possible. Sounds a lot like our house. It's a 1925 Craftsman bungalow, too :D I love this drafty ol' house :manyheart

Tabby - I sure will pass on the b-day greeting to my sister :hug That ghan is super cushy. The stitch is great for a ghan, imo :yes

Think I'm in trouble. BD taught me how to upload the patterns onto the new site. Now I've actually got do some work other than crochet :oops

Howdy everyone

Mary that sounds like a great idea and Im sure it can be done.

Cara your going to be a whizz with your website before you know it.

Im still having a break from saltines and doing the rainbow ghan.

Good morning, everyone. It's still chilly here, but the sun is out which makes a world of difference. People throughout our subdivision had blankets over plants last night.

I've got supper planned. I started with a recipe on the back of the pasta box, but by the time I got done with substituting this and that it isn't going to be all that much like the original. :lol :lol :lol It should be good though. Kim's supposed to avoid milk products when she's congested so it's going to be tomato based instead.

Off to start sewing blocks together. Have a good day! :manyheart

Good morning ladies :flower

Wendy - Gosh I hope I end up a whiz at the site. I don't think BD would be happy with me if I broke it again :lol

It's still nice and cool here today. I didn't even turn on the a/c at all yesterday. Maybe I can get away with it again today. It'd be nice to save a couple of bucks on that electric bill :yes

So no sewing for me today because BD gave me a job to upload the patterns onto the new site. Oh well, that'll just get us there faster :yay

Good Morning.

It is chilly here too. BRRRRR!!!!!! I am having a peachy morning here in the Rex household. Anyone want a kid? GRRR...this kid is irritating me to no end today. Tre is sitting in the corner & he still continues to run his mouth. Why, oh why does he do this? I almost want to ground him from the birthday party this afternoon but it would be torturing myself because he would scream the whole day. :thair:bang

Hi ladies. :) I didn't check in this a.m. because I didn't have anything nice to say. :lol A couple of early morning phone calls from the parents who are difficult to put it nicely :sigh...so I went to DD's and finished planting and mulching another area of their backyard. That makes me so happy and gets my mind off lots of other things. They are more than willing and able to pay someone to do the yard, but they also know that there isn't anything DH and I would rather do.

Sorry, enough about me! :blush I hope you are all okay and having a great day.

Cara ~ Yay! I'll have to check out the changes on your site. :yes

Tabby, hang in there. :manyheart Maybe it's just a phase? (she says hopefully ;))

Wendy, we're looking forward to seeing your rainbow ghan. :hook

Linda~I hope you get lots of joining done today! :crocheting

Hi ladies. :) I didn't check in this a.m. because I didn't have anything nice to say. :lol A couple of early morning phone calls from the parents who are difficult to put it nicely :sigh...so I went to DD's and finished planting and mulching another area of their backyard. That makes me so happy and gets my mind off lots of other things. They are more than willing and able to pay someone to do the yard, but they also know that there isn't anything DH and I would rather do.

Sorry, enough about me! :blush I hope you are all okay and having a great day.

I don't think there's such a thing as too much about you :D Sorry the parents are being a pain. :hug

Cara ~ Yay! I'll have to check out the changes on your site. :yes

Alas, the changes aren't visible to anyone but us atm. This is the new and improved version BD has worked out :D

Morning everyone

Mary its great that you want to help out your DD in her garden.

Tabby sorry to hear Tre is acting up, maybe if you just ignore him he might stop carrying on.

Linda how are you going with the painted desert.

Cara hows the goddess ghan going, is that pattern on your website?

Well I am having the day off today as I have a bad headache and a neckache. Im now going to lie down for a bit.

Tracy, thank you! The avatar is supposed to remind me to work on the Ohio Star Variant. :lol

Cara~Your home page looks really nice. :yes And I like your new blog set-up, too!

Wendy, I'm so sorry you're feeling bad. Take care and get some rest. :hug

Time to make some squares. :hook

Tabby - I completely missed your post this morning about Tre. I sure hope he's straightened up now. Tell him we've got bats :tryme:rofl

Mary - Thank you. :hug Actually that site isn't gonna be around much longer with a little luck. That was just BD fixing things so I could actually change things :lol He's completely revamping the whole thing. We're add lots of stuff. But not a whole lot because I don't want it to become to confusing. But I'll be able to finally add some of the features I've been thinking about which will be a lot of fun :D

Wendy - Yep the Goddess ghan is on the site. I love that pattern, if I do say so myself, cuz it's nice and squooshy :D

Hi, Wendy. I'm working on the 6th block and have the squares for the 7th block all ready to go. I got some of the squares for the 8th block crocheted tonight while I was at a meeting.

I have to admit to having goofed big time this morning. :2blush Kim and I were watching a movie with lots of rock and roll music from the 70s. Chubby Checker and plenty of others from that era. The people in the movie were doing the twist and I thought, "What a fun way to get some exercise in!" So I was twisting away and Kim was rocking in her chair and waving her tea. After about 20 minutes I realized that my knee was getting sore and soon it was so sore I could barely walk on it. :ohdear I forgot for a little bit that it's been 40 years since I was 18 and doing the twist. :2rock:2rock It's better tonight, but I'm going to have to baby it for a few more days.

We've got freeze warnings out for tonight. It is supposed to get down to 30 here in north Georgia.

Have a good night, everyone.

Hi, Wendy. I'm working on the 6th block and have the squares for the 7th block all ready to go. I got some of the squares for the 8th block crocheted tonight while I was at a meeting.

I have to admit to having goofed big time this morning. :2blush Kim and I were watching a movie with lots of rock and roll music from the 70s. Chubby Checker and plenty of others from that era. The people in the movie were doing the twist and I thought, "What a fun way to get some exercise in!" So I was twisting away and Kim was rocking in her chair and waving her tea. After about 20 minutes I realized that my knee was getting sore and soon it was so sore I could barely walk on it. :ohdear I forgot for a little bit that it's been 40 years since I was 18 and doing the twist. :2rock:2rock It's better tonight, but I'm going to have to baby it for a few more days.

We've got freeze warnings out for tonight. It is supposed to get down to 30 here in north Georgia.

Have a good night, everyone.

Oh noes! The dreaded Chubby Checker Knee. That's a horrible condition :lol I actually listen to 1940 and 50s classics music (Peggy Lee, Rosemary Clooney, Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, etc etc) and sometimes I get to dancing too. But boy howdy does that boy remind you quickly that I'm not in dancing condition :lol Hope it's all better tomorrow and you can twist again :D

Wendy - if you're wanting to show off what you're talking about with your butterfly ghan and the trucks ghan, go to Annies Attic and pull up the Perfect Patches book. Under the book's picture, there is a link that says "More Pictures". Both of those are in the more pictures section.

Good Morning!

Hi Linda...we're about the same age and I feel your pain. :lol I have aches and pains from the yard work that didn't used to occur. But it sounds like you all were having so much fun...hope it's better today so you rock on. ;) Super progress on your Painted Desert! :manyheart

Have a great morning, everyone.

Archived