Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies. I'ved missed you all today. :manyheart

Too tired to go into the "we have 90 year old parents" day, but everything is okay for now and I miss my hook and yarn! :yarn

Amy~I love the Woven Blocks! What colors are you using?

Krystal, your designs are great! :yes

See you all tomorrow. :)

Here is block 1 of 8 of the Card trick pillow that Im making. There are 4 blocks to a side for the pillow and when finished will measure 65cm or 12 squares across. This block also has 24 bi color squares :eek, but I liked the pattern enough to get past having to do them. I cant figure out the camera, this time it got the green right and now the aran shows up as yellow, but I guess you can see what it will look like.

K - 12 solids and 24 bi colors. thanks

th_P1030387.jpg

Ok, here is a better picture, wow first time I tried the editing tool in vista for the photo and look how much better it is.

th_P1030387-1.jpg

That's very pretty, Wendy. Great job. It's going to look great as a pillow.

I just woke up and don't really know what I'm going to do today. I worked on my taxes yesterday. I owe. Of course. Rats!

Hi ladies. :)

Wendy, your Card Trick block is wonderful!

Krystal, I really like your designs. It's always fun to see what else can be done with the squares. :yes

Linda, sorry about the taxes. I hope you can treat yourself to crochet time or something else just for you. :hug

It's a beautiful day, but chilly...we're supposed to have a light freeze tonight :eek. Guess I'll be covering up lots of plants. We haven't had a freeze since mid-March and this is really unusual for us.

It's a beautiful day, but chilly...we're supposed to have a light freeze tonight :eek. Guess I'll be covering up lots of plants. We haven't had a freeze since mid-March and this is really unusual for us.

Oh, no!!! Not fair!!! And just after all the work you did on your yard and DD's yard.

Good morning ladies :flower

Wendy - Actually I was up very late. I messed myself up yesterday with a way too long nap :lol Love that Card Trick. I kinda like it with that yellow looking background too :yes

Mary - Is it cold outside? I don't remember it being cold when I fed the porch cats. Of course I didn't get up untill 10:45 either :devil Hope you don't lose any plants after all that work. I got seed packets and starter pots for Cosmos and Snapdragons. I'm gonna try one more time to make flowers work. I used to do it all the time when I was a pre-teen and teen. Now that I'm grown and have home dec shows and the internet for tips I can't get them to grow for the life of me :lol :lol I think the key is ignoring them :lol

Linda - I feel yer pain :hug We always owe too. Last year we got a hundred and change back. Dunno how that happened but now we're back to owing :D

Okay finished up the Amish panel lapghan last night. I still hate the colors though :lol

amish1.jpg

Cara, I think the Amish is gorgeous! I love the way bright colors pop on the black background.:manyheart

Mary, I can truly feel for you in dealing with the 90 year olds:hug:hug

Amy~I love the Woven Blocks! What colors are you using?

I haven't had time to go buy the yarn yet, but I'm thinking maybe a violet, lavender, and cream, or an Xmas-y one with red, green, and white. I don't think I'll be able to start for another week or so anyway; I'm graduating this year and have WAY too much stuff to get done before the end May. :ohdear

And Cara/Misa, I LOVE those colors. Blue is one of my favorites:clap

I haven't had time to go buy the yarn yet, but I'm thinking maybe a violet, lavender, and cream, or an Xmas-y one with red, green, and white. I don't think I'll be able to start for another week or so anyway; I'm graduating this year and have WAY too much stuff to get done before the end May. :ohdear

And Cara/Misa, I LOVE those colors. Blue is one of my favorites:clap

Hooray for graduation coming up! :clap I think the lavender, violet and cream would be amazing, personally. The great thing about the saltines is that you can just whip out a few when you have a few minutes. You'll be amazed at how fast they actually go. You've got me considering doing the WB again but in red, yellow and white :scrachin

And see? I think that's what I don't like about that lapghan. I greatly dislike blue. :yuck And somehow I ended up with a blue rug and 2 blue chairs in my living room. :lol This is why I'm redecorating :D

Well, I can see how not liking blue would make it difficult to like blue. ;)

Redecorating sounds fun, though maybe a little bit consuming. Ooh, red yellow & white would be neat :D

Amy ~ Your color ideas for the Woven Blocks both sound great! Congratulations on your upcoming graduation. :graduate

Cara, I think you're the only one who doesn't love the Amish colors. :lol It's beautiful!

Yep, it's really chilly with a strong north wind. Thankfully, I haven't planted too much here or at DD's yet...I can't remember the last time we had a freeze in the middle of April! Maybe we'll be lucky and the weatherman will be wrong. :yes

I'll post this here too...

I finished the "dad" ghan which only ended up being about the size of a baby blanket. :lol I used a round of sc & hdc so I can add to it & make it bigger if he wants. :yes I also included a pic. of my oldest twin son Tre fishing yesterday with his Dad. He is the one who designed the "dad" ghan. :yarn

(clickable)

th_000_0359.jpg

th_000_0366.jpg

th_000_0365.jpg

Tab, I saw the DAD blanket on the other thread, too - I really love it. :c9Did he pick the colors, too??

Amy, congrats on graduating next month:clap

And about those saltines...don't wait till you have a carton full of those addictive little squares before you start joining them together!:eek

Morning everyone

Thanks for your comments on my card trick block.:hug

Cara your Amish is just beautiful, love the blue colors. :clap It must have been hard working with the black though. Red, yellow and white would look for your next project.

Amy congrats on your graduation. I like your colors that you have picked. The woven blocks is a great one to start with.

Mary hope your plants are ok, after all the hard work you did in the garden.

Linda sorry you have to pay taxes, its a pain in the butt isnt it. I hate that time of year. We do our taxes end of June.

Tabby the Dad Ghan is beautiful, love how the border is worked. Tell Tre he did a great job designing it. :clap

Cara and Mary you both live in Texas but seem to have different weather, do you live quite a way from each other, or have I got this wrong.

Archived