Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey ladies, I see you are all doing wonderful and we also have a few new ladies. I am keeping track of you all. I am not doing a blanket right now but I am still making stuff. I started my first doily the other day I have been wanting to try my hand at it. Needless to say I am only on round three and I think I need to frog that row. Well I will see you later. Keep up all the beautiful work that I have seen going on in here. britt:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Britt - Good to see you :hug

Daphne - I've never had a white turn pink so I can't help with that one but how strange. As for the tails, like K said if you're using Simply Soft or some other "slick" yarn the ends might be a problem. But lemme try to explain how I do mine (I really should make photos one day :P) I use a tapestry needle. Don't try weaving with the hook. It tends to stretch the stitches. To weave the tails on individual squares, I just run it through the 3 dc sections and then back on itself. But here's how I hide tails when doing the whipstitching (hope you can understand this)

1. Using a tapestry needle threaded with about 9-10" of yarn I thread the needle downward along the side of the square (away from the edge I'm going to be whipstitching) then double back through the same stitches you just went through splitting the yarn a little to make it secure.

2. Whipstitch the squares together

3. End off by weaving the end through some of the 3 dc groups and then double back on those stitches also splitting the yarn some to secure. Make sure to do your "tugging" to straighten things out before you snip the yarn. That way the end won't move from where you left it.

There. Clear as mud? :lol I shouldn't try anything that complicated right after my nap :blush

Hi, ladies....just passing through. The puter was sluggish this AM (maybe it needs ex-lax)...so this is the first I've been on the ville today.

Kathy and I DID hit an independent knitting store today (after our WW meeting) - it's going out of business in a month and has all this natural fiber...and other yarns.

We had a very, very good time...Kathy more than me, if you get my drift:devil

Hi, ladies....just passing through. The puter was sluggish this AM (maybe it needs ex-lax)...so this is the first I've been on the ville today.

Kathy and I DID hit an independent knitting store today (after our WW meeting) - it's going out of business in a month and has all this natural fiber...and other yarns.

We had a very, very good time...Kathy more than me, if you get my drift:devil

Oh is Kathy back in Jersey now? Well, duh. Doubt you went all the way to NC :blush

Cara and Mary,

Thank you for the never ending advice and help! I really do appreciate you all. Cara thanks for the info on weaving in. After some research I realized that I was not doing it correctly. (too short not going back into stiches after first time)

I was using the I love this yarn which is what seemed to run because it was burgundy and white -thus pink. However, maybe it was the wash cycle or something because I did a tester and it did not turn. I am more concerned about the weaving in but I think I've got it.

Thanks Again so much!!!

Oh is Kathy back in Jersey now? Well, duh. Doubt you went all the way to NC :blush

Her son may need some surgery on a bedsore and she needed to be back here for a few weeks...she looks terrific, BTW - WW agrees with her! I walked right past her at the weigh in line!!!

Krystal - Thanks for the reply about going with the gingham.

Wendy - Thanks for the welcome.

Mary - Thanks for the welcome. Whats/where the 9 patch pattern?

Tracy - Thanks for the welcome.

Cara - Thanks for the welcome - I truly appreciate you recommendation. Your right.... the ladies are great!

Judy - Love the "Puter was sluggish this Am. . . needs ex - lax " reference. Ha Ha :haha

NOw Judy don't blame it on the group... I think your warped sense of humor is what infected this group...

Kim I posted a Hello to you but somehow it got eaten... 'puter must have needed a midnight snack...

Hi, everyone. Today was primarily a day of being on the go from start to finish. Kim and I took my car in for an oil change and check up in preparation for going to her family for Easter. Then went on to lunch and a couple of errands. Got home about 3:00 and I had a meeting to go to this evening. But tomorrow we're due for the rain and storms that were in Texas today, soooooo.........

Even so, I got the first bunny finished and a little bit done on bunny #2. And yes, I'll take pictures before they're given away. The first one is dark brown and the second is soft gray and fuzzy. I'm still experimenting with the pattern. :crocheting

Krystal - 50 solid squares..

Krystal ~ 39 solids. Thank you!

I think the storms are almost gone from our area. Wow, 4 inches of rain and lots of wind - thankfully I didn't have to get out today. :)

Have a great night/morning everyone. :manyheart

It's still raining here :rain Supposed to move out soon though so that's nice. And Oliver's still yowling wanting out. BD was so happy when he came home and found him inside. He likes cats a lot :D

Oliver's still yowling wanting out. BD was so happy when he came home and found him inside. He likes cats a lot :D

You're lucky...Phil got me our first cat as newlyweds, but since then it's been dogs. He may not have the patience for one any more. I told him if he passes before I do his home office is turning into a cat room, cat condo and all:lol:lol:lol

May I sign up for this? I have never done anything like this before and it might be too much. But they are sooo beautiful. I would like to try the Country Hearts Crochet Quilt. I will go this weekend and get the yarn needed. :)

:welcome It's never too late to join in...aren't Cara's patterns wonderful?

Good Morning, ladies. :)

Hi Brenda! Glad you came in this a.m. :manyheart

Shelly, wow, you are amazing...1000 squares. :cheer

Cara, I love the name Oliver. Tuon will just have to get over his being in the house. :lol I hope you all didn't get any really bad weather.

Hi to Krystal and Judy. :)

I got a lot done on the Gingham yesterday and think I'll work on the flower quilt later today. :crocheting

Archived