Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Thanks Cara. I forgot to say Congrats on the full mailing list. Did you ever doubt that your site would be successful? I know I never did. :cheer

And thanks about the AC. We cleaned it out really good & it is running good right this second. Keep your fingers crossed for me. It's suppose to cool down tomorrow so if it'll just keep chuggin until then. :yes

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I can tell you that the special squares for the train were a bit of a pain to crochet, but they are far more of a pain to hide the tails. Each one has between 6 and 10 tails. Yuck!!! :thair It seems like they multiply while I'm weaving them in. Thank goodness there are only 8 of the special squares and 5 of them are now done. :yes:D:lol:yes

Thanks Cara. I forgot to say Congrats on the full mailing list. Did you ever doubt that your site would be successful? I know I never did. :cheer

Oh my yes, I doubted it every day :lol I still expect it to bomb everyday :blush Actually, if it hadn't been for this CAL and the 'Ville taking advertising these days I don't know if it would have as much traffic. For that, I am forever thankful :manyheart

Hi. Not a lot of crochet time this week, but I only to need to make 24 squares, join them, and then it's border time for the Bus Ghan. :D My motto should be "slow, but sure." :lol

Linda ~ I'll bet the special squares will be worth it, but all those tails would be scary. :eek;)

Have a good night. :manyheart

2 of the squares have 10 tails, Cara. :eek Icky to make and weave all the ends in but they really make the eye work. I've gotten the first 5x5 block done and I'm ready to start sewing on the second. I really hope this lives up to all the high expectations of all of you.:scared

Good for you, Mary. Slow and steady will get you there quicker than you might think.:hug

I'm heading for bed. Have a good night all.

And thanks about the AC. We cleaned it out really good & it is running good right this second. Keep your fingers crossed for me. It's suppose to cool down tomorrow so if it'll just keep chuggin until then. :yes

Tabby my hubby is a refrigeration mechanic by trade so he could fix your aircon for you.

Hi Tabby (and everyone else)!

I just wanted to point out that most of the heirloom like ghans I've seen only use one color (at least in the pictures) and I think using a "traditional" color like pink, light blue, white, or yellow contribute to that "heirloom look."

I'm sure whatever you do it will look wonderful! :hug

Linda Y

My Casablanca is completely done, including the border. Yay!!!!!!!!!!

Pictures will get posted on my livejournal account...eventually. It's too late to deal with them tonight, and I have plans tomorrow evening. I will try to post pictures Friday evening while the blanket is taking a spin in the laundry before getting packaged up.

It's been a fun challenge to get this done on time, but I made it with almost a week to spare.

Thanks for the great pattern Cara :)

Thropots, CONGRATS!! Between you and Wendy, who is nearly done with her casa...many of us feel like underachievers:P

Tabby my hubby is a refrigeration mechanic by trade so he could fix your aircon for you.

Could ya send him up to us then? :lol I wonder if our AC's are different here then there? :think We're just going to buy a new one when we get the money because this thing is having fits. I can't blame it though, my parents gave it to us & they had it since I was living home. So, it's atleast 15 yrs. old but probably older then that. :yes We think it needs a new thermostat & that would cost more then buying a new one, Hubby looked it up last night & the cheapest one he could find was $160. :eek

Grats on finishing the Casa, Patty :woo :woo And with a week to spare!! That's definitely better than my track record :rofl :rofl Can't wait to see the photo :hug

Hi Tabby (and everyone else)!

I just wanted to point out that most of the heirloom like ghans I've seen only use one color (at least in the pictures) and I think using a "traditional" color like pink, light blue, white, or yellow contribute to that "heirloom look."

I'm sure whatever you do it will look wonderful! :hug

Linda Y

Hiya Linda Y!! Where ya been hiding yerself? Glad to hear from ya :hug

God morning, everyone. Another sunny day here. I do love this part of the country. Being able to look out over the beginnings of the Appalation mountains, being near a big lake, hills and lots of trees. It's just such a beautiful location. The red clay soil drives me a bit crazy, since it's a lot more work to get stuff to grow and thrive, but even that adds to the beauty. Lots of birds. In fact, it looks like we might even have a pair of wrens making a nest on the back deck. One's inside a huge gourd birdhouse and the the other is perching nearby. Wouldn't that be neat. We have bird feeders all over the yard. I'll cross my fingers. At least they are really checking it out thoroughly.:yes

I guess it's about time to get cracking on sewing squares together again. Talk to you later.:)

Patty, congratulations on getting your Casa finished with a week to spare. That's fabulous!!! :yay:cheer:yay

Thropots well done on finishing the casa. Thats excellent:clap :clap

Tabby if we lived over there my hubby wouldnt mind fixing your aircon for you.

I have done a heap of squares for the Amish and now will sew them together.

Wendy - Grats on the progress on the Amish :clap:cheer

Tabby - Is your a/c a window unit or central air? They must be charging more up there for window units :yes You can get a decent one at WalMart here for like $100-$125. I was thinking of adding one more for the back rooms in our house.

Here are the promised pitcures!!

Penguin1.jpg

Penguin2.jpg

I proubly won't start another one for a little while but I do plan to keep reading. I think my brothers christmas present will take me a few weeks. It'll be a blanket with graphed squares of star wars stuff in them. Now if Cara can design a blanket that looks a little like R2D2 I'd make it for him in a heartbeat. LOL. Cara thanks for sharing your designs.

Archived