Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Thanks Cara. I used #3 thread for the apple doilies too. It was the first time i've ever used anything but #1 thread. I really like using the 3 but it doesn't come in as many colors in Walmart. I had to use 2 strands of #10 green thread for the apple leaves because they didn't sell a green in the #3. :no I love working with the thread & now that I know how to starch & block it's really fun. :cheer

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning. I've been up since 3:30 - more thunder and lightning woke me up and never could go back to sleep. :rain So I've already done laundry and some cleaning...looks like a great day to crochet! :yes

Linda T. ~ Thanks so much for sharing the books. I'm familiar with some, but not others...and love to find new authors.

Good Morning. I've been up since 3:30 - more thunder and lightning woke me up and never could go back to sleep. :rain So I've already done laundry and some cleaning...looks like a great day to crochet! :yes

It's starting to thunder and carry on here, too :rain

Julie - I'll definitely nap here in a bit. I'm on the toddler sleep cycle....*sleep 3 or 4 hours, get up for 3 or 4 hours, repeat from * :lol

Crocheting squares gives me time to think :think which isn't always a good thing! :lol

Question: didn't we talk about different yarns for Cara's quilts? I know the RH works great, but is anyone using a softer or even baby yarn? Tabby, isn't your Gingham yarn a softer yarn? I saw the Bernat Satin in some wonderful colors and just wondered how it might work.

Crocheting squares gives me time to think :think which isn't always a good thing! :lol

Question: didn't we talk about different yarns for Cara's quilts? I know the RH works great, but is anyone using a softer or even baby yarn? Tabby, isn't your Gingham yarn a softer yarn? I saw the Bernat Satin in some wonderful colors and just wondered how it might work.

I've been thinking this, too. Especially since Linda brought it up to me in a PM :lol I know, for me, the Caron SS is just too slick. The ends keep coming out :P But I'm thinking about sport weight (that should be expensive) and some of the other lighter weights I've seen. Something to think about that's for sure :think But, unfortunately, I'll have to think on it next month.....I, ummm, well I, ummmm, kinda went over my budget this month :blush Darn that evil Annie's Attic clearance sale!! :rant:lol

Howdy Julie. Not up to much, just making dishcloths and waiting for the Doc to call. How are thing's in your neck of the woods??

Mary~Hello! Yep, I used carons ss yarn for the gingham. I haven't had any problems with the ends coming out but it isn't finished and hasn't been through the wash yet. I also used a softer one for Cara's blocks. I used RH TLC which I absolutely love. I wish they sold it in Walmart. They have beautiful colors & it is much softer then the other RH's. That's about as exspensive as I go so I can't help ya out with any others, sorry.

I really like the TLC, too. RHSS yarn is so erratic as far as size and texture - the Bus Ghan has lots of colors and every one has a different feel to it. :think

Tabby, is there a sick kiddo at home? I hope everything is okay. :manyheart

How is everyone going.

Tabby i have never heard of number 1 thread. We have numbers 5,8 10 upwards and 4ply but nothing bigger.

Cara I guess whenever you can get some sleep is better than none.

Well I still havent done anything more on the casa and the amish. Can you believe its nearly July.

Howdy gals!

Well, finished all my dishcloths today :yay Now I shall devote the bulk of my time to the Big Top :jumpyay

Mary - I had that problem with the bus ghan too. The green was sooo thick! I really should think about changing brands but gosh, I've been using RH since the early 70s...that's gonna be a hard habit to break :yes

It's getting cold in Australia isn't it, Wendy? Hotter than the hinges of Hades here already :whew

Well, off to work on my quilt :hook

Mary~Nope all the kiddos are healthy. Thanks for caring. :manyheart

Wendy~The smallest i've heard of here was #3 and that's what I used. I think it was Aunt Lydias brand. :think

Cara~Congrats on finishing your dishcloths. :cheer

Another way you could say this Cara, is "I've been using RH since Krystal was born..."

{this is me ducking and running for cover!!!!}

:lol :lol :lol

Krystal

You'd better run for cover when you say that, girlfriend !

I GRADUATED high school in the 70's .

...'66 for me:D ...and feeling it and showing it more each day:P

The seventies was primary school for me.

Julie its winter here now and its getting cold. Still not enough rain and we have now gone to level 5 water restrictions. The reason for this is that our dams and reservoirs arent holding enough water for household use. If the drought doesnt break this winter we will be using recycled water next year.

I really need to get some crocheting done this weekend. I feel like i have been slacking off this week.

I wasn't born until 1979. :eek My Mom is only 47 so I think most of ya are old enough to be my Grannies. :lookout:lol

Well...just call me Nana...:lol ...almost!

I wasn't born until 1979. :eek My Mom is only 47 so I think most of ya are old enough to be my Grannies. :lookout:lol

Good grief! I started high school in 1979 :eek There's only 6 years between you and my son :faint

Well Judy

You and I are 10 years apart as far as schooling goes. I graduated in 76 .

Cara- you come in someplace a few years under me, maybe 5 or so ?

Tab- that's enough from the peanut gallery . I'm not old enough to be your GRANNY ... your mom, yes, your granny, no .

My kids were born in 78,80 and 81 so you'd slide right in there between them someplace .

Julie - Yep I graduated in '82, but that was a year early. I'm 41. Kiddoes were born in '85 and '88.

I'm ready to be a grandma now :yes I've been on this kick for about a year now :lol Guess I should let the oldest finish college first. Younger won't ever be college bound...he's just not the type :lol But a little early for him to be having kids just yet.

And my 39 year old sister found out this last week that she's gonna be a grandma and she was moping about it :eek I'd have been over the moon. So at least I get to be a great aunt :manyheart

Archived