Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Norma~..... I tried a star once just a couple weeks ago but had to work it out myself because the pattern was off. Did you have problems with yours? Which star pattern do you use?

I used this pattern for my starghans and have never had any trouble. Well, I call them starghans, but they're round ripples. If you search through the ripple and round ripple CALs, I have some postings with pics in there, as well as in the home decor postings. http://www.sewonfire.com/round_ripple_afghan.htm

I used this pattern for my starghans and have never had any trouble. Well, I call them starghans, but they're round ripples. If you search through the ripple and round ripple CALs, I have some postings with pics in there, as well as in the home decor postings. http://www.sewonfire.com/round_ripple_afghan.htm

Hi Norma

This is the pattern I use for my round ripples too. Just remember though when using this pattern that there is a mistake in round 3.

Morning All. :ccompute I've got my cup of tea and have been reading your posts. A few sore muscles from the yard work yesterday, but my right hand is okay for crocheting later. :)

I also used the same RR pattern with the mistake, but luckily saw a post with the correction before I started! There is also a post with the stitch count per row for people like me who can't remember which row I'm on. :blush

Linda Y. ~ Hi! So glad you're still working on the Blackford. I'm no help...either way looks good to me!

Julie and Cara ~ I love the idea of a family tree quilt... :yes

Cara- thanks for thinking on the reunion quilt. I think Heather just came up with a great idea -- a family tree !

(Wonder what we'd make all the nuts out of ? )

This may be my favorite "Julie quote" of all! :lol

Good morning ladies :flower

Ahh it's beautiful today here in Central Texas :manyheart All the clouds left but came a nasty wind. That's now gone and the singing of the birds and hum of the a/c are the only sounds. Doesn't get any better than this :c9

Mary - Oh dear. Sorry you're hurting today but I bet it's one of those "good" hurts. The hurt that comes from a good day of work :yes Hope you limber up soon :hug

Julie - Hey, if Wendy can crochet a cake then surely I can come up with a way to crochet nuts :yes Now there's a phrase I never dreamed I'd say :lol

I got two whole blocks sewn together and extra squares completed yesterday on my current charity lapghan :yay I'm using the Windwalker as the pattern. It'll be nice to have a photo for that one :yes Hopefully I can get a third block on that one done today or tomorrow. I'd really like to finish it up this week so I get going more on the Big Top....or Christmas goose....or cat ghan. So many quilts so few hours in the day :hook

Have a happy day everyone :manyheart

Cara...did you say CAT GHAN???!!!!

Why yes, yes I did :hook It's what my failed Van Gogh project has turned into. When life gives you lemons and all that. So I thought I'd turn it into an artsy cat ghan I'm calling Van Gogh's Cats. :shrug Might work, might not but I'm willing to try anything that creeps into this demented little mind of mine :lol

Why yes, yes I did :hook It's what my failed Van Gogh project has turned into. When life gives you lemons and all that. So I thought I'd turn it into an artsy cat ghan I'm calling Van Gogh's Cats. :shrug Might work, might not but I'm willing to try anything that creeps into this demented little mind of mine :lol

Oh...I'd like to see how that comes out.

For a sec I thought you were going to make a cuddle ghan pattern with a cat on it:(

...did that sad face make you feel sorry for me:lol

I just wasn't sure what you meant...:think

Oh...I'd like to see how that comes out.

For a sec I thought you were going to make a cuddle ghan pattern with a cat on it:(

...did that sad face make you feel sorry for me:lol

I just wasn't sure what you meant...:think

Oh I'm sure there'll be a cuddle quilt with a cat not too far down the road...gotta get off the design board and onto the WIP list though so I can make some of them :lol

Oh I'm sure there'll be a cuddle quilt with a cat not too far down the road...gotta get off the design board and onto the WIP list though so I can make some of them :lol

When that time comes I'll volunteer to test the pattern:manyheart

Hi Norma

This is the pattern I use for my round ripples too. Just remember though when using this pattern that there is a mistake in round 3.

Aussie - Oh gosh, yes, I forgot that the error is remaining on that page. :embar I caught the correction in another posting here and updated it on the pattern I printed out ... so sorry I didn't mention that here.

On another note, I stopped at Joanns this morning after church (I ran out of time to stop there yesterday) and found Sensations pink rainbow boucle in the 11 oz. skeins for $6! My youngest stepdaughter loves the round ripple I made for her with double-strand of this yarn, and I couldn't find extra skeins online or in the store until now, so I guess they got another shipment in for their clearance. Her birthday (14) is in a few weeks, so we'll send her a few skeins to play with.

And I picked up 4 Caron pounders for $3.57 each in espresso brown - the bin said "discontinued" but I don't know if that means Joanns isn't stocking that color anymore, or that Caron will not make it any more. Noticed the same sticker on country rose and deep violet, too, so if you're needing more, you might want to pick some up soon.

OK, it's time to crochet! Have a good day, all! :manyheart

Cara, it was $3.57 only for the brown, rose & violet ... and I think one more color, but that bin was empty!

I think I'm going to save the brown for my quilt ... and I 'm pretty sure I'm going to do the Casablanca. Now I just need to find a lovely shade of Caron's blue and off-white pounders, and I'll be all set!

Morning everyone, Its a beautiful wet Monday morning here and Its a public holiday....:yay no work you gotta love that.

Cara a cat cuddle ghan sounds interesting. I would love to try that if you do go with designing one. You will have to start charging commission, we have you working so hard on these designs.:hug

Tabby how are you today.

Mary thats excellent that you have so much done on the bus ghan, you go girl.

Julie you will get your projects done dont worry.

Norma you got some bargains there thats great. The casablanca is a great ghan to make. Im 3/4s of the way through mine and cant wait to finish it.

Morning everyone, Its a beautiful wet Monday morning here and Its a public holiday....:yay no work you gotta love that.

Cara a cat cuddle ghan sounds interesting. I would love to try that if you do go with designing one. You will have to start charging commission, we have you working so hard on these designs.:hug

Hurray for National Holiday Mondays :jumpyay

Charge y'all?!?! :eek If anything I should put y'all on the payroll.....wish I had a payroll :lol

Hi Ladies. Wendy, :yay for rain...I know it's always welcome where you live, too.

Nope, I am definitely not speedy. :blush But hopefully, I will have the first half (7 rows) joined in a day or two! :)

Archived