Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Julie - An idea might be a big tree for a family tree.

Cara- I would probably have to do a chicken or rooster quilt when you come up with one since my Mom has lately gone gaga over them :)

I love all the off topic chatter that's going on here. It feels more homey. I'll tell DH something that someone said on here and he'll say "who is that?" When I say someone on crochetville he just gives me this look :)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Julie - An idea might be a big tree for a family tree.

Cara- I would probably have to do a chicken or rooster quilt when you come up with one since my Mom has lately gone gaga over them :)

I love all the off topic chatter that's going on here. It feels more homey. I'll tell DH something that someone said on here and he'll say "who is that?" When I say someone on crochetville he just gives me this look :)

Been working on the rooster. But those tail feathers are a challenge :lol But it does look like one so far. Just needs some tweaking :yes

I can identify with your experience with your hubby. I'll be telling him a story and if it's about Wendy (I also have a cousin named Wendy) he has to ask, "Okay is this Cousin Wendy or Australia Wendy we're talking about?" :rofl :rofl

Been working on the rooster. But those tail feathers are a challenge :lol But it does look like one so far. Just needs some tweaking :yes

I can identify with your experience with your hubby. I'll be telling him a story and if it's about Wendy (I also have a cousin named Wendy) he has to ask, "Okay is this Cousin Wendy or Australia Wendy we're talking about?" :rofl :rofl

At least he knows there are 2 to ask which one. :rofl :rofl

I did take time to play with my new camera today...this is the next best thing to sending you all real flowers. :manyheart

(clickable)

th_Coneflowers.jpg

Great picture!! Is that in your yard?

I figured it'd be too hot around here for daisies but I guess not. What are those littler white flowers in the left of the photo? Those are sweet :yes I really want my beds done this year :yes We bought the stuff to do 'em almost 2 years ago and it's just sitting there :grump Told DH I'm gonna hire me a gardener if he's not careful :lol I love him dearly but yardwork is just something I can never get him to do :P

Oh Cara I cant wait to see what you come up with.

As for the 2 Wendys that is so funny. :lol

I work alongside another Wendy and it sure is difficult for people coming in to the area if they call out our name we both look up.

Thank you! Cara, the small white flowers are dwarf zinnias. When we bought this house 6 years ago, the only living things in the whole yard were the trees! Little by little, we've planted shrubs and made beds and it's finally coming together. Good thing, because we're getting too old to do this again! :lol

Enough about yards...I've been trying to envision a quilt ghan with a rooster?!? :think Knowing your design talent, it will be wonderful! :)

Time to work on dinner. Have a great evening, everyone. :manyheart

Hi Ho Ladies

I've been in talk heaven today. Out in the back yard all afternoon YAKKING to the husband. He's either a really good listener or deaf as a post, because he sat there the whole time and didn't get up once . :lol

Norma - it sounds like you found some beautiful yarn and a huge pile of it .

Cara- thanks for thinking on the reunion quilt. I think Heather just came up with a great idea -- a family tree !

(Wonder what we'd make all the nuts out of ? )

Mary -thanks for the photo of your flowers in your yard. We have some in ours too, but lots more bushes and tree type things. Some of them get flowers in the springtime .

Wendy- have fun with the visit . You are so lucky that your mom enjoys crafts. My mom thinks they are a waste of time .

Keep chugging along on that Amish-- you have sure devoted a lot of work to your quilts.

Julie - You got Sam to sit still?!?! Good job :h5 That sounds like a lovely afternoon :manyheart I have to hold Big Daddy hostage in the truck on a roadtrip to have him listen :lol

Yes, I think Heather's family tree idea is a great idea! :yes Any special feature you have in mind? Family name? If you're like us we have 12 different last names cuz we had too many girls :lol

Beautiful flowers Mary. Thanks for sharing it with us. :manyheart

Cara~Mmmmmm......burgers sure do sound nice. :drool That was sweet of Big Daddy to bring them home. :yes

BTW~I like the family tree idea too. Can't wait to see what you two come up with. :yarn

Norma~I love that yarn too. I almost bought some the other day to see how the striping would turn out on a RR. I tried a star once just a couple weeks ago but had to work it out myself because the pattern was off. Did you have problems with yours? Which star pattern do you use?

Have a great time at your social.

Now Tab

You WOULD have to point out that Sam's EYES were closed.

And here I thought I was actually making some progress.. He didn't move once the whole afternoon .

Shoulda known it was too good to be true .........................

Cara

Let me do some thinking on it ... Hmmm, I'm trying to decide what else would go on it. You are right, we have lots of last names, but it's actually the McCutcheon Reunion, so that'd be the name.

Too bad it's not a shorter name like Smith .:lol

So, I've been working along on my Blackford's Beauty, and I saw some wonderful pink yarn that has the same "flavor" as the blue yarn that I'm making my 'ghan in. So, I thought, that would look pretty, too. Well I got about halfway through putting the pink block together when I set it beside one of the blue blocks. Here's a picture:

538032672_e84135c11a_o.jpg

So, my issue is the diamonds between the blocks. I don't think they look right as half one color and half the other. So, what do you guys think? Should I make it so the diamonds are all one color? Maybe all the Windsor Blue? Or should I make them look like this:

538054864_19af3b55cf_t.jpg

I'm sorry the pictures aren't better, I'm just learning to use this camera and I guess I should look at the manual :sigh but that takes all the fun out of it. :P

So, the "teal" is actually a dusty blue (RH Super Saver Country Blue) and the "red" is actually a dark rose (RH Super Saver Country Rose).

What do you guys think? I've been kind of stuck and just making squares but not putting them together because I don't want to have to unweave any more than I have to.

By the way, I do keep up with the posts, I'm just not very chatty. My husband's an actor and I tell him that the role I'm best at is "audience." I love everyone's ghans, they are so beautiful.

Linda Y

So, my issue is the diamonds between the blocks. I don't think they look right as half one color and half the other. So, what do you guys think? Should I make it so the diamonds are all one color? Maybe all the Windsor Blue? Or should I make them look like this:

Linda Y

Were it me....I'd choose this method you have pictured :yes I like your ingenuity to mix it up a little bit. It's looking great :clap:cheer

PS I think your pictures are great. Don't see a thing wrong with 'em :hug

So, I've been working along on my Blackford's Beauty, and I saw some wonderful pink yarn that has the same "flavor" as the blue yarn that I'm making my 'ghan in. So, I thought, that would look pretty, too. Well I got about halfway through putting the pink block together when I set it beside one of the blue blocks. Here's a picture:

538032672_e84135c11a_o.jpg

Linda Y

Its looking great Linda. I agree, go with the squares that you have arranged above.

Archived