Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mary-

I'm always glad to entertain. I'm sure I have many folks who drop out of our gang because of my lack of STAYING ON TOPIC .

I have actually left many online groups for that reason -- STAY ON TOPIC .

Talk only about CROCHET . Boring................................

Sorry, gang, I love to crochet, but if I can't go off topic, I aint wasting the electric turning on the computer .

THIS is what makes our group a REAL group. We learn to know each other better and make good friendships. At least that's my theory .

And Cara- I keep forgetting to mention it , but

Gravy IS a FOOD GROUP .

AMEN!!! On both counts :manyheart

Cara

Please tell me that Big Daddy has a pony tail and rides a Harley and my picture will be complete . :c9

Nope shaved head, goatee and drives a Chevy Silverado pickup :D

Hello gals, I've been watching this thread and love to see everyone's progress. You are quite the group of chatterboxes, aren't ya??!! :yes

At any rate, I just got a new queen size bed and can finally think about making a quilt for it! Haven't picked out one of your patterns, Cara, or a color scheme for one yet, but I will get there. Hope to get this project started before the end of the summer ... :hook

And I'm intrigued by doing the Christmas Goose pattern in thread as a table topper, we'll see ....

Question: Cara, can you help me think of how to put these squares together in yarn as a Christmas tree skirt? I just love that design!

Question: Cara, can you help me think of how to put these squares together in yarn as a Christmas tree skirt? I just love that design!

Which one, hon? The Christmas Goose? I could probably figure something out :yes

And yes, we are serious chatterboxes :lol Some days we yak more than we crochet :lol I just sit my laptop on the arm of my chair with my email open and respond in between squares. I love my life :manyheart

Which one, hon? The Christmas Goose? I could probably figure something out :yes

Yes, the Christmas Goose square in a tree skirt design is what I'm thinking of. No hurry on it, since I have several projects underway right now, but whenever you get around to it. I'll keep checking back here, or PM me if you wish. :hug

Yes, the Christmas Goose square in a tree skirt design is what I'm thinking of. No hurry on it, since I have several projects underway right now, but whenever you get around to it. I'll keep checking back here, or PM me if you wish. :hug

Sure thing :) Actually that could be fun :yes Might take me a while though...you'd be surprised how many requests for things I get :lol I'm working on three at the moment :hook

Mary-

I'm always glad to entertain. I'm sure I have many folks who drop out of our gang because of my lack of STAYING ON TOPIC .

Sorry, gang, I love to crochet, but if I can't go off topic, I aint wasting the electric turning on the computer .

THIS is what makes our group a REAL group. We learn to know each other better and make good friendships. At least that's my theory .

I absolutely agree, Julie:manyheart

Nope shaved head, goatee and drives a Chevy Silverado pickup :D

Oooooooh....I like....esp with the truck:D

oh, I just looked up the page a little, hahaha. I'm Norma. :hook

Headed out to shop with stepdaughter - we'll swing by Michaels, Joanns and maybe the WM while we're out. After all, what's a Saturday for besides crocheting and scouting out the yarn/thread for the next project? :devil

Thanks Judy ! :manyheart

Norma- glad to meet you. Don't forget to drop back in and give us a shout. We always like to hear what each other buys at the store-- so we wanna hear what kind and colors of yarn you find . :)

Cara- I was gonna ask you for something for our next year's reunion, but I'm not real sure what I'd even want , so it's a little hard to ask at this point. I've been thinking on it though . :think

Cara- I was gonna ask you for something for our next year's reunion, but I'm not real sure what I'd even want , so it's a little hard to ask at this point. I've been thinking on it though . :think

Sure thing! You want a quilt or something for your auction? Or whatever else you can come up with....if I can do it it'd be my pleasure :manyheart

Yea,Cara

I always make afghans for raffles or door prizes or our auction each year. I thought it might be cute to do a quilt-ghan that was somehow family-themed, but how do you think up a design that would suit for any of 100 people ?

I can't quite get the idea to click in my head just yet of what I'd want on it, colors or anything else.

For once , I am STUMPED .

Yea,Cara

I always make afghans for raffles or door prizes or our auction each year. I thought it might be cute to do a quilt-ghan that was somehow family-themed, but how do you think up a design that would suit for any of 100 people ?

I can't quite get the idea to click in my head just yet of what I'd want on it, colors or anything else.

For once , I am STUMPED .

Oh I'm sure we can come up with something :yes We still have quite a bit of time yet. But right now, it's naptime....I do my best thinking as I'm drifting off :sleep

OK, girls, here's today's goodies found at Michaels: Bernat Baby Coordinates, 2 for $5! :clap :clap So I stocked up on that in varying colors and white (like 16 skeins total!). It seems that when I have blue on hand, someone has a girl, and vice versa. This way, I have the blue/green, pink/purple, plain purple, plain blue, and the white. I still have some of the deep pink, deep blue, lilac and white in my stash! Love this yarn, it works up soooooo soft and yummy for the starghans I make. I'll be interested to see how the self-striping yarn works up.

OK, on to a dinner social with my Toastmasters chapter, and then I'll be home to park my butt & crochet. :c9 Have a good weekend, all!

Morning everybody.

My mum and dad are coming here today to have lunch and spent time here. I am going to try and teach mum how to do the round ripple. She loves knitting but realizes that seeing how much crochet I do that crocheting is quicker.

Norma hi there, welcome to the cal. You had a great shopping trip there and got some bargains. You gotta love that. Have fun at your dinner social.

Cara sounds like your going to be busy with all these requests. Its so nice of you to help us all.

Jule sounds like a great idea to make an afghan. For the pattern maybe you could replicate the hotel that all stay and meet one another. You could do the hotel then cross stitch the name of it onto the ghan. Just an idea.

I got another block finished on the Amish. Thats 4 now and all sewn together. I put it on my bed, bad move, I saw how many more blocks I still have to make.

Mary-

And Cara- I keep forgetting to mention it , but

Gravy IS a FOOD GROUP .

I agree with all of the above...even about the gravy! :lol

Wow! It has been a super busy Saturday at the 'ville today! As usual, you all have me smiling and laughing. :hug DH and I had a marathon day in the yard - trimming trees and cleaning up that mess, etc. I love to work in the yard, but today is in the 90's with about 90% humidity.

Welcome, Norma! So glad you're here to join in the fun. :hook

Wendy, have a nice day with the family. :manyheart Good for you on finishing another Amish block!

Norma - Excellent purchases :jumpyay Have fun at the Social :hug

Wendy - Grats on block #4 :clap:cheer:clap Enjoy your day with the family :hug

Mary - Wow! Y'all got a lot of yardword done :yes I at least got DH to say "okay" when I told him the yard needed to be cut this weekend because I'm tired of answering the door with the neighborhood kids asking, "Can I cut your yard, ma'am?" :lol :lol

Well, I overslept on my nap so back to the hook :hook Big Daddy and Nephew went to Circuit City.....hopefully they'll bring back dinner since I forgot to take anything out :blush

Archived