Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

It's an Aran cable ghan that's in this month's issue of Hooked on Crochet! I've done several of those before and they look so classy and they're a lot of fun to do :yes They can be really heavy though but hubby said she's always freezing so it should suit her perfect :D

I love the Aran cable ghans! You're right, they are classy...I made one years ago for the in-laws. Wonder what happened to it. :think

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda, you are brave! Glad you had a fun day. :yes

We are watching the Texas-Texas A&M game and it's a really close game... I can't crochet when it's this exciting, so I'm chopping veggies for potato/leek soup. DH keeps reminding me not to cut myself. :lol

We are watching the Texas-Texas A&M game and it's a really close game... I can't crochet when it's this exciting, so I'm chopping veggies for potato/leek soup. DH keeps reminding me not to cut myself. :lol

My sister and BIL are probably having a grand time watching the game. She was hoping it was a good game since she took off early to go home and watch it :lol Now you be careful with that knife, young lady :hug

Evening ladies.

I got one more row done on the bus ghan & sewn on. Then I went to visit my sis. That was an adventure. First the sugar canister fell off the shelf & knocked a whole cup of coffee over onto everything including my sister. :lol Then we were making dinner & her stove went berzerk & blue things (looked like lightening bolts) shot up out of the pot with the water. There was not one drop of water left in the pot & the pot was stuck to the burner. :eek I ran outta that kitchen so fast. :lol Crazy, crazy & now i'm pooped. :yes

My nephew kept going with the granny square that I taught him yesterday & now it's getting pretty big. It is really good too, not wonky looking at all.

Julie~I actually wasn't crocheting yesterday but all my stuff stays by the couch so they saw it. It took off from there. ;) My sis has just recently said she wanted to learn. She use to tell me I was like a grandma for doing it. I think she see's how calm it makes me & since she's a spaz yeah, it runs in the family) she could benefit from it. :lol

I got one more row done on the bus ghan & sewn on. Then I went to visit my sis. That was an adventure. First the sugar canister fell off the shelf & knocked a whole cup of coffee over onto everything including my sister. :lol Then we were making dinner & her stove went berzerk & blue things (looked like lightening bolts) shot up out of the pot with the water. There was not one drop of water left in the pot & the pot was stuck to the burner. :eek I ran outta that kitchen so fast. :lol Crazy, crazy & now i'm pooped. :yes

And I thought I was dangerous in the kitchen :rofl :rofl

My nephew kept going with the granny square that I taught him yesterday & now it's getting pretty big. It is really good too, not wonky looking at all.

Good for him!!! :cheer:clap:cheer

And I thought I was dangerous in the kitchen :rofl :rofl

Now Doa believe burning water runs in my family. :lol I'm telling you though it wasn't anything like burning water. It was like a scene from the exorcist, that thing was posessed. :lol I have never seen anything like it. :no

They were all laughing at me afterwards because I ran like a coward although they did too. :P My sister says I always run to save myself. Well, my kids weren't in the kitchen so I didn't need to save them and she's on her own. :lol I did run back in to save my purse, it has all my Doa's money in it. I had to save that, the LYS lady is suppose to call soon. :blush

Morning Ladies,

I am back. I officially left work last night for 11 days of crocheting. I've been working 15 hour days and I haven't been able to get on line. My sisters are here. We are celebrating my great niece's 4th bd today. Will get back with you guys later. Missed you!

Julie--Glad to have you back!

Ladies I'll respond to other posts later because I haven't had time to catch up. Probably won't until my sisters leave on Sunday afternoon.

Good Morning, Ladies. :manyheart It's in the 30's and raining, so a great day to stay inside. I think I'll get started on Christmas decorating and do some crocheting later.

Tabby, what an experience! I'm glad you saved the yarn money. :yes

Valerie, :yay for some days off. You deserve them!

Hi, all. I've spent about an hour and a half crocheting on DDs RR. Not sure how many extra rows I'll do yet. At least 5. Maybe 7. We'll see. No energy today.

Hooray, Valerie! Time off! :yay:yay

Howdy ladies.

Yeah Julie, definitely have to save that yarn money. :yes It was a bit scarey but then it just became funny after it was over. :lol

I have been working away on my bus ghan today. I am halfway through the top row of the bus. WOOT! :cheerI should be able to get it done by christmas.

Im glad you all had a great thanksgiving and had fun shopping. Your shop exhibitions sounds like ours are the day after xmas day.

Oh we have those too :yes Those are usually where I really get into trouble :lol

Hi, all. I've spent about an hour and a half crocheting on DDs RR. Not sure how many extra rows I'll do yet. At least 5. Maybe 7. We'll see. No energy today.

Hooray, Valerie! Time off! :yay:yay

Hi Linda. Can't wait to see your next RR. I hope you're feeling okay...enjoy your time crocheting.

Archived