Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Good Morning, all. I hope you are all doing okay. :manyheart

Linda, so sorry about the bronchitis - I know you will feel better soon. :) A scarf with ribbon yarn would be wonderful!

Cara ~ Is it finished? Can't wait to see your Fall Ghan! Mine may be finished before the first day of winter. :lol

Tabby, how are you? How is your Fall Ghan coming along?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morning Ladies,

Andrea-What color is your casablanca? I'm presently doing one of which I haven't worked on in a week. My colors are Dark Rose, Medium rose & cream. Going back to bed. Just took my niece to work and I have to go this afternoon. Closing again tonight and opening again tomorrow morning.

Hi Valerie. The Casa is such a beautiful pattern and your colors sound really pretty. :yes

Morning. I'm awake, although that's about it at this point. I can take a deeper breath at this point than I've been able to for some time, so the meds are working.

Happy Halloween!! John decorated last night. I just have to get the candy together for the little ones today. :jack

Good morning ladies :flower

My email and net seem to be working better this morning :yay Don't know what happened last night. The other puters were fine but mine was acting like a spoiled child :lol

Linda - Glad you got you some meds and are feeling a bit better this morning :hug Glad they caught it before it got to be something worse :yes

Andrea - Maybe you'll have better luck than I did with that blending technique. My project was supposed to be black, white and grays as well but they were just too dramatically different and it never looked right :(

Mary - One more round on the border to go on the fall ghan. :yay I had it all finished last night and ready for the border then when I laid it out I realized two of the blocks were the wrong color and it was very obvious :lol Thank goodness I noticed it before I started the border :yes

Off to finish up that last round :yes Gotta do a little work on some bedding for my soon-to-arrive grand nephew then I'm gonna start my messenger bag :jumpyay

Have a great day y'all :manyheart

Denise - Glad you got the lite hook :yay The hooks I use (Clover Soft Touch) are that same shape and they're fabulous! I wouldn't be able to hold a hook at all without those :yes

Well, here it is finally finished The Fall Ghan (we need a better name than that...I'm open to suggestions as always :D)...........

fallghanc.jpg

Cara, your fall ghan is absolutely gorgeous!!! Way to Go!

Denise let us know how the light hook works. I also have trouble seeing what I'm doing on the really dark colors. And yet I seem to include them in my patterns with great regularity.

I'm on the last row of nephew's RR. Should have a picture later today or tomorrow. Then it's back to either the LotL or Mr. Rooster or both.

I just finished making a batch of custard. It's cooling a little and then I'm going to eat some. It slides down easy and tastes good and my appetite still isn't back to normal. Soooo....

I just finished making a batch of custard. It's cooling a little and then I'm going to eat some. It slides down easy and tastes good and my appetite still isn't back to normal. Soooo....

I have found in life that pudding can cure many things and what pudding doesn't cure, cookies usually work on :yes

Cara, your fall ghan is absolutely gorgeous!!! Way to Go!

Denise let us know how the light hook works. I also have trouble seeing what I'm doing on the really dark colors. And yet I seem to include them in my patterns with great regularity.

I'm on the last row of nephew's RR. Should have a picture later today or tomorrow. Then it's back to either the LotL or Mr. Rooster or both.

The hook works well. It is also very light I mean in weight.

Mr Rooster is waiting to come to life:yes :yes :yes

Denise - Glad you got the lite hook :yay The hooks I use (Clover Soft Touch) are that same shape and they're fabulous! I wouldn't be able to hold a hook at all without those :yes

Well, here it is finally finished The Fall Ghan (we need a better name than that...I'm open to suggestions as always :D)...........

fallghanc.jpg

Cara, it's absolutely wonderful. :manyheart And what a great day to finish...Happy Halloween!

Cara...absolutely beautiful and I love the new name too!

Hi to everyone else too! I've just been lurking for awhile, working on Christmas projects, etc., but I love coming here everyday and keeping up with all that is going on here!

Valerie - I am using the colors it calls for I think black, taupe and linen are the ones I am using. Your colors sound great I am always afraid to try something not knowing how it would look in different colors, I am just not that good at things like that.

Cara- That turned out great way to go.

Linda- I hope you are starting to feel at least a little better.

Mary- Glad you are still getting to pop in hope you are having fun at the beach where is it that you went.

Welcome to the group, Norma. Glad to have you join us whenever you can.

I know what you mean about Christmas coming up way too fast. Both LotL and Mr. Rooster are Christmas gifts and I'm starting to panic, having lost a week of crochet time already with this darned bronchitis. But I only have one more RR to do for Christmas so that's good. Just have to hide the tails on nephew #2's RR and it is done. I definitely like the blended RRs with at least 4 colors, better than 2 color ones, blended or not.:hook

Denise, glad you got your hook and that it works like you want it to. :hook Was that what you were trying to tell me when I hung up on you the gym? Sorry.

Cara, lovely! :clap

I was going to make two woven blocks lapghans, but I am running out of time to get them done for christmas (I am getting worried with Wendy's countdown to Christmas :) ), so going to make ripples instead.

Denise, glad you got your hook and that it works like you want it to. :hook Was that what you were trying to tell me when I hung up on you the gym? Sorry.

Cara, lovely! :clap

I was going to make two woven blocks lapghans, but I am running out of time to get them done for christmas (I am getting worried with Wendy's countdown to Christmas :) ), so going to make ripples instead.

Wendy has us all jumpy with that countdown...:lol

Are you making the RR..blended like on the Van Gogh CAL?

HiYa Judy

To tell you the truth, I don;t know where I've been ! :D

Woke up in a ditch the other morning with a Tequila bottle in one hand and a rubber chicken in the other. :confused

The Tequila, I can figure out, but the chicken ???:shrug

No, Sam has been on vacation this week, so I guess I've been chewing his ear off ,unless he finds something to do to get out of the house and away from me .

He bought himself a leaf blower and has blown every leaf out of the yard, and I think I saw him trying to climb the tree out front to PULL off the last 7 leafs ( that way he gets to stay OUTSIDE longer ) :lol

My car broke yesterday morning, so today he'll get to be outside working on it . If I find out HE pulled a wire loose on it just to have something to do outside, I'll give him a good smackdown .

He has mown the yard down so far that it looks like the dustbowl out there. He's running out of outside jobs. Plus it's supposed to get pretty cold in the next few days,so ....................

LOOK OUT THEN ! :D

Archived