Identity please! UPDATED with photos

LovesGrannySquares

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm curious... I am making several kitchen items to give as a wedding gift and it occured to me that not everyone, especially those who dont do any sort of crafting, crocheting or sewing, will know what every item is used for. For example- I'm making 2 very decorative pot holders, some round washcloths (not a typical shape for a dishcloth) and a couple of hot pads and some scrubbies out of nylon netting. Now, I realize that to most people the items will speak for themselves, but what if they dont? Does anyone have any ideas as to how to identify these items so that the recipient will know exactly what to use them for and how to care for them?

I dont want the hot pads to be confused for pot holders :think and I dont want the dishcloths to be confused for doilies :think. I saw a poem attached to a washcloth that looks like a pair of bloomers and it was so very cute! Are there any poems out there to put with everyday items?

I havent had time to make any tags so i just hope they know what each item is and will use them. Thanks for looking!

The photo of the the dishes are the ones the happy couple registered for. I tried to match them as closely as I could.

post-36160-135897525197_thumb.jpg

post-36160-135897525201_thumb.jpg

post-36160-135897525205_thumb.jpg

post-36160-135897525209_thumb.jpg

post-36160-135897525211_thumb.jpg

I print up business cards and put a small logo next to what it is on the front, who it is from and laundry care on the back. Punch a hole on one corner and tie them to the crochet piece with coordinating yarn or a ribbon. You could also connect all alike pieces together with one card. :)

You could make a little handmade tag & attach with sewing thread to each item..give them a silly name like "Scrumptios Scrubbie by Dawn" and then give fiber content/washing instructions. If the pot holder is acrylic, you should say it's for decorative use only (or at least, for use as hot pad only).

edit - oops, I took too long to type this, great minds think alike.

I'm doing the same thing with some Mothers' Day hotpads and knitted dishcloths for my MIL. I don't want her to misunderstand what each item is for so I plan to put tags on them. Little tags are fun to make, anyway.

yea that is what i'd suggest... if your poetic.. make up your own lil poem or so to go with each item...

but if their like me.. they will apreciate the work to much an be afraid to ruin it by using it to clean dishes lol. I realy got to learn to USE the dishrags I make or am givin lol.

I guess i just apreciate the time put into the item givin to me to use it to wash my stinky pots and pans... that and I have a dish washer.. so they dont get used as much hehe

Archived