Caution: shawl envy alert

Back in December I was the lucky recipient of one of Elle's famous shawls! :c9You can see it on this page http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=108376&page=4

...post #37.

I had a 2 day conference this weekend and I was able to wear it both days...it was freezing in the building and that shawl was so warm and comfortable...plus it is absolutely beautiful...black with white and silver running through it with a decadent fringe.:manyheart OK, so why am I bragging shamelessly?

I started notice that as people walked by me (strangers), they would reach out to touch my shawl. One woman looked over at me and said..."that is a lovely shawl"...but she spoke in a low tone and her lips were pursed. My husband said he thought she was going to mug me for it...lol! :lol

First, I wanted to once again thank Elle for such a beautiful shawl...this was a long weekend and that shawl gave me both comfort and confidence. Second, I want to warn you fellow shawl ladies to watch out! Those are some mighty fine shawls and at the very least you have probably been or will be petted...at the worst someone may be thinking about snatching it right off your back...who could blame them?

Thanks again Elle!!:hug

Ah now see, mine is safe in the house. I did get a lot of use out of it this winter, as I swear, they moved the state of Florida up North.

That is so cool and wow talk about buidling confidence.

My cousin was here and I showed her the shawl and she aked me where I bought it. I told her it was give to me by a good friend.

Glad you got good use of the shwl and you were being envied. Isn't it great?

Yeah, Thank you Elle.:hug

Ah now see, mine is safe in the house. I did get a lot of use out of it this winter, as I swear, they moved the state of Florida up North.

That is so cool and wow talk about buidling confidence.

My cousin was here and I showed her the shawl and she aked me where I bought it. I told her it was give to me by a good friend.

Glad you got good use of the shwl and you were being envied. Isn't it great?

Yeah, Thank you Elle.:hug

You may want to put it in a safety deposit box until next winter! :lol My teenage daughter raids a lot of my clothes and shoes and I am happy to share...but I drew the line when it comes to that shawl! :devil lol

I used my shawl when I got it in at night and in the mornings it was chilly. :lol it even shared it with hubby when he was napping on the couch it's so soft and cuddly. all my neighbors love mine. Elle does beautiful work on these.uses wonderful color blends!!Thank you again Elle too!!

I tell ya ladies these shawls made by Elle are just lovely and soft and cuddly///

I love mine and will cherish it forever...

I have tried to make a couple of them as gifts and let me tell you mine dont compare to Elle's at all...

Elle Got a special touch when she makes hers..

Thank you again and again Elle for my Lovely shawl...

hugs

Lillibet

Awwww, you guys, you're so sweet! I just love hearing how much you love your shawls and how much use you're getting out of them! The April shawl is going to be ready to go by the 22nd, and because there was no March shawl, there's going to be a second giftie sent out this month. HOWEVER, it's NOT a shawl! I will give a couple of hints to give everyone something to wonder about until I get all the ends woven in and get pictures taken. I decided that it would be fun to send out something other than a shawl. This, too, is something that keeps you warm and cozy and is great at keeping the chill away. It's round, but it's not round, and it is made primarily in different shades of what seems to be just about everyone's favorite color - BLUE! I am anxious to see what everyone thinks of it, because if everyone likes it, then every couple of months my monthly RAOK will be one of these instead of a shawl, just to give me something different to work on. Like I said, as soon as I have both items finished, I will post pictures. This is my birthday month, and I can think of no better way to celebrate than by making a couple more people happy! :c9

Awwww, you guys, you're so sweet! I just love hearing how much you love your shawls and how much use you're getting out of them! The April shawl is going to be ready to go by the 22nd, and because there was no March shawl, there's going to be a second giftie sent out this month. HOWEVER, it's NOT a shawl! I will give a couple of hints to give everyone something to wonder about until I get all the ends woven in and get pictures taken. I decided that it would be fun to send out something other than a shawl. This, too, is something that keeps you warm and cozy and is great at keeping the chill away. It's round, but it's not round, and it is made primarily in different shades of what seems to be just about everyone's favorite color - BLUE! I am anxious to see what everyone thinks of it, because if everyone likes it, then every couple of months my monthly RAOK will be one of these instead of a shawl, just to give me something different to work on. Like I said, as soon as I have both items finished, I will post pictures. This is my birthday month, and I can think of no better way to celebrate than by making a couple more people happy! :c9

Elle: I like the new twist...sounds exciting and I look forward to seeing what you come up with next! What a thoughtful way to celebrate your own birthday...you're the best! :hug

As another one of the lucky shawl ladies, I can only say that everytime I wear it I get compliments!!! And one of my daughters wants me to make her one just like it!!

Elle, I love the new twist on your RAOk's- mm. round, but not round, keeps you warm too. Now what could this be?:think

And enjoy your Birthday Month!:hug

I hear you on the Protect your shawl LOL.. I have mine safely folded under my pillow. so at night when im sleeping i know it is safe.

I wear my shawl whenever im chilly in the house. as hubby has a thing for A/C even if it's chilly out.. MEN! lol.

Everyone is so very lucky to have these lovely shawls. I wore my newest beautiful shawl today to work and everyone commenting that I should have left my blanket at home: ( some people are just rude.

Seller I like ur idea to switch it up: )

Archived