Notion boxes??

so as i was straightening up the truck one time i realized i could use something to hold all the notions i was buying for various projects...not to mention my measuring tape and needles...well i started my looking and all the sewing boxes i saw where to girly for me...so i bought a tackle box...the smallest one wal-mart had...some organizer things and of course stickers to decorate the outside to make it "mine" so what do y'all use?

and what about project bags...got any secrets you wanna share? i like subway's kid's meals bags...a small tote bag i found at dollar tree and a gardening tote i found there also...plus my latest find...a capri sun upcycled bag from wal-mart that i hold my friendship-ghan square supplies...

post-37461-13589752082_thumb.jpg

I like the tackle idea box.

I have my hooks and little miscellaneous things in zipper make up bags. Or pencils bags. I found a plastic one at a dollar store, rather big, and it's lasted for years.

I actually bought a plastic translusent (sp?) purple hair box (similar to a tackle box) at walmart for $5 and put my sewing stuff in (for my purse linings and such). It doesn't have drawers or anything, just one big empty box (well it had a top "shelf" that didn't work for me, and hair stuff in it. I kept the rubber bands in there just in case I needed them for something and I think some clips (it came with some hair accessories).

I keep my yarn in various bags. I recently got some gallon size ziploc bags for my scrap yarn so I can see at a glace what I have.

My wips are usually in plastic grocery bags. Especially the ones I do during my lunch.

i bought 2 water resistant laundry bags to store my stash in under the bunk...i keep my scraps in a pop-up trash can...

don't know if you can tell or not but the two stickers on each front corner are kittens with yarn!

For my supplys i use totes and i have a rolling crochet bag i bought at Joannes. Then for my current project i keep it in a little tinkerbell backpack. My DD gave it to me for her blanket im doing she calls it mommys special bag its so funny. I love it all

Good idea. I like the handle and the hard sides of a tackle box or a tool box.

I keep my sewing notions, good scissors, and bobbins in a large tool box.

I made a hook and needle organizer from some fabric I had and decorated it with some ribbon from Walmart.

I keep my projects in tote bags and I keep my small stash of yarn is in a two plastic boxes with lids.

I made some boxy pouches from fabric and a zipper to keep my pins, hooks, markers, and small scissors in my project bag.

I just use a needle holder that I bought at Wal-Mart for my needles.

I do have a tip though. I am always loosing pencils in the bottom of my purse. Well, I have a friend who went into her purse one day to get something to write with and she pulled out a travel toothbrush case. She had a pencil, pen, and an emory board in there. Well, I took to that idea FAST!!! Now, I don't loose my pen! But, I added something to mine. I keep an crochet hook in there as well!

I use tupperware containers. They are durable and see through so i have straight pins in a snack cup,my stitch markers in a mini snack cup, my egg hook and attachments in a small round modular mate and my hooks in an oval modular mate. They keep everything neat and i know what i am grabbing without looking. My WIPs are in various tote bags and one is even in a pop up laundry basket. As for stash it is in big plastic totes in various closets and areas in the whole house

I keep the notions that I am using in a manicure case, it had a mens set in it and it has elastic loops so I keep stitch markers, tape measure, stitch holders, hooks, scissors, a pen, I like it because it zips close and my current project I keep in a fabric pinic basket.

I just use a needle holder that I bought at Wal-Mart for my needles.

I do have a tip though. I am always loosing pencils in the bottom of my purse. Well, I have a friend who went into her purse one day to get something to write with and she pulled out a travel toothbrush case. She had a pencil, pen, and an emory board in there. Well, I took to that idea FAST!!! Now, I don't loose my pen! But, I added something to mine. I keep an crochet hook in there as well!

Love the travel toothbrush case idea. It's perfect and not too big. Thanks.

I have some supplies in an old picnic basket someone had given me years ago (the larger items). But when Wal-mart had their plastic pencil cases on sale for 10 cents and 25 cents each, I picked up whatever they had. Each one has different size hooks, different types, tape measure, yarn needles, etc. Easy to carry around when I need them.

LI Roe

Archived