Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

::: (\_(\

*: (=’ :’) :*

•.. (,(”)(”)¤°.¸¸.•´¯`» Good Morning •¨¯`•

just hoppin' in to say HI.... have a great day ladies!!!

:heart

:mug

Hiya Tam! How are you feeling today?

I don't know what other abbreviations there are. Thanks for the help with the ones you did. If you know of any more then feel free to let me know. THANKS

Your welcome! If I think of any more I'll post them. My brain is in slow motion today! :lol

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have perhaps a silly question. What is the best thing for mailing squares. A bubble mailer or one of those really durable cardboard like mailers? Was at walmart tonight and maybe I was just over thinking it so I didn't get anything to mail out the squares I have done. My main concern is having to fold the squares, would it to be bulky? :P

Thanks

Stephanie............ Thank you my dear ... so very much for the squares for myself and my daughter! :hug

[ATTACH]43845[/ATTACH]

Ooohh, pretty!

I have perhaps a silly question. What is the best thing for mailing squares. A bubble mailer or one of those really durable cardboard like mailers? Was at walmart tonight and maybe I was just over thinking it so I didn't get anything to mail out the squares I have done. My main concern is having to fold the squares, would it to be bulky? :P

Thanks

I've seen and used both a bubble mailer and a plain manila envelope. It's up to the individual. I've never seen the cardboard mailers? I don't think there would be a need for them. I understand not wanting to fold the squares. I hated folding them, but I've tried finding an envelope that would fit perfectly and couldn't, so some squares have to be folded. They good news is I've found that they straighten out pretty good once opened! Have I gone on long enough! :lol

Ooohh, pretty!

I've seen and used both a bubble mailer and a plain manila envelope. It's up to the individual. I've never seen the cardboard mailers? I don't think there would be a need for them. I understand not wanting to fold the squares. I hated folding them, but I've tried finding an envelope that would fit perfectly and couldn't, so some squares have to be folded. They good news is I've found that they straighten out pretty good once opened! Have I gone on long enough! :lol

Thanks. That makes me feel better. We did get our new couches (and they are so comfortable) so mailing them out along with a few other gifts I have to mail out will have to wait 2 weeks. :( My fiancee and I are fighting over who gets to use the chair. He wants it for playing his xbox and I want it for crocheting! Might just have to be nice and take turns.

I got 4 squares in the Mail Saturday from my mom. (Plus my yarn holder that my dad made me :manyheart )

She said she doesn't have time to join this forum to be part of the CAL but she made me some anyway. :day

OOO OOO OOO I also have some extra cash this week so I will be going to the PO today and FINALLY mail out these squares to you all! (well not ALL of you...that would be A LOT of envelopes!)

Thanks. That makes me feel better. We did get our new couches (and they are so comfortable) so mailing them out along with a few other gifts I have to mail out will have to wait 2 weeks. :( My fiancee and I are fighting over who gets to use the chair. He wants it for playing his xbox and I want it for crocheting! Might just have to be nice and take turns.

Your welcome, glad I could help! Glad you got your new couches. Now play nice and share! :lol

I got 4 squares in the Mail Saturday from my mom. (Plus my yarn holder that my dad made me :manyheart )

She said she doesn't have time to join this forum to be part of the CAL but she made me some anyway. :day

That's so nice! I saw the yarn holder in a different thread. It's beautiful too!

OOO OOO OOO I also have some extra cash this week so I will be going to the PO today and FINALLY mail out these squares to you all! (well not ALL of you...that would be A LOT of envelopes!)

Doesn't it feel nice when you can mail out a bunch of squares! :cheer

Doesn't it feel nice when you can mail out a bunch of squares! :cheer

yes...yes it does.

You know what I just realized today? I have never made an actual granny square in my LIFE! I will have to go remedy that right away :hook

:sun .:: Good Morning Kids ::.

so sorry for being so absent again. Hope all is well with everyone! I have a busy day of crocheting ahead of me! I have a few envelopes I need to mail out too! Right now I'm working on a baby blanket to use for the fundraiser for hubby! I'm testing Carlinda's corner to corner entrelac. In the midst of doing this ... I have gotten several ideas for more blankets! Love the pattern!

I've been super busy trying to get stuff made for the craft fair and fundraiser for hubby. I'm nervous and excited about both.... I know by no means am I going to make tons of money... but I sure hope its enough to bring a smile to hubby's face!

okay... I need more coffee.

love you guys! Thank you for everything you have done for me and my family!

Susan,

Glad to hear your good news. I will keep you in my prayers.

Karishema,

Love the blanket. I got a book on this because I want to give it a try.

Ladies,

The squares are looking good. I haven't been on my computer for a couple of days and boy it takes awhile to try and catch up. I have done some crocheting this weekend so I have a few more to mail out probably end of the week.

For the ladies that received the squares I sent, you are welcome.

pat54, thank you.

Hey, Tam, I have been thinking the same way about entrelac.

I think you could make a graph ghan by doing the design on graph paper.

Where can I find Carlinda's corner entrelac?

:hug everyone, have a great day.

Good news today, I will have company for a couple days, bad news, I probably won't be getting to the p office till Wednesday at the soonest! Unless I have some spare minutes or two to run over there today! Busy cleaning a few things that usually are neglected in some way, you know like fridges and cupboards, lol so have a great day everyone, and I will post again, when I find the extra time to mail! My daughter is 26 today!

Happy Birthday Dear Jennie, Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!:yay:hug:cheer:clap:manyheart:jumpyay:woo:cake::

:birthday:bday

Oh sorry, got carried away, lol, but she has been known to read this forum from time to time, he he he!

you are so cute, lol for me, a half an inch won't hoit!! orrrrrr, take off the last row dc, and do one row sc......that's how i fix it! lol

I made up the pattern for the one square and it measures 6" tall and 6 1/2" wide and I can't really take off any without messing up the pattern.

Too bad you want 8" squares or I would send them to you.

BTW LOL at "hoit" :lol

I just made 2 squares and they ended up measuring 6 1/2" instead of 6!!!! grrrrrr aarrgghh!!

I keep trying too, only my squares are weird sizes & I've frogged them all.... What's up with that! Well I promise to get squares out ASAP.

Penny

Awesome! my hubby got home with the mail and I had an awesome pack of 2 squares. I LOVE the lilac color. Thank you so much for the friendship squares. I am also posting photos of the squares I got a few weeks ago from KatyAllen. Thanks a bunch guys they are all gorgeous!~ :hug

Penny

Ok, so the lilac squares are from baseballmom & the pastel multi color & pink & white is from KatyAllen.:cheer:manyheart This afghan is going to be AWESOME!

post-46230-135897688521_thumb.jpg

post-46230-135897688527_thumb.jpg

post-46230-13589768853_thumb.jpg

post-46230-135897688533_thumb.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

That is my go to square. Sometimes I work it in two colors. There is a 7 inch version which is easy to make 8 inches.

http://dayna.tdgservices.com/ShowPattern.aspx?PatternID=23

http://dayna.tdgservices.com/ShowPattern.aspx?PatternID=9

Hope everyone is okay. I am just trying to handle the little stuff getting thrown my way. Some days my computer will let me on line and other days it won't. Still missing our dog. He's been gone one month today. We have been waiting for a stray dog to show up ever since our other dog passed a couple of years ago. I guess we are supposed to take care of a cat now as a tiny kitten showed up a couple of weeks before Onery passed. Last week the brakes went out on my car at a bad intersection but we were lucky and made it home safely. I have an uncle who is not expected to make it much longer and an aunt that was just hospitalized. My dad's 40 foot fully furnished trailer was stolen a week ago along with a lot of stuff out of his sheds. My niece is going to have to have gall bladder surgery. Our neighbor is putting in new fence (we are in a rural area) so he has brought in large equipment to clean out the fence line which was so overgrown. It looks so different now I hardly recognize where I am at. I do miss the privacy and dust control it provided but it needed to go as there were a lot of large dead trees.

Very pretty And dainty

:):)

Trust me, I know life can get in the way. I meant the ones that you see online all the time. It happens more off the forum than on. People outside the crochet world that I send things to.. some with delivery confirmation and they never acknowledge receipt. Just makes me sad.

Afra was a sweetheart. I got a card from her too. :U

I know overall it doesn't matter. I just love to give things to others. :hug

I will always acknowledge a gift from someone.....I do not always get my mail every week though, BUT as soon as I get it I let everyone know. Its hard when the mail is only open when you are working... :) I love getting surprises though.

Penny

Archived