Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

I got one for you Sue...snowed in today I've already started one for you. If I ever get plowed out I will make it to the post office.

Hope everyone is warm and cozy. I am

Thanks Kim! And I'll get the list to you ASAP.

I still need 9 !0 in squares for my friendshipgahn if anyone can help.

Let me see what I can do next week. :)

:turtle:vheart

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have been quiet lately. I plan on sewing a bag today. I cut it out Wed, but didn't feel up to sewing afterwards. We've been getting in lots of turtles at work. Our first boat hit of the year came in yesterday and our first car hit (gopher tortoise) came in too. The gopher was too severely injured so we had no choice but to euthanize. My boss had me do it, my first one. I hope to be my last, but I doubt it. It was the best thing we could do for the poor guy. :(

Sorry Sue. That had to be hard but better than him suffer. :( I'm in a lull too. Started a project yesterday, was so gung ho, got to row 10 and am now thinking I may frog. Guess I'm in a funk for now.

Hey everyone!! I've missed you all tons. I've been on here and there lurking. Just haven't had much to say. I hope you all are having a wonderfull weekend!!

have you settled in yet?? I thought you were having another moving adventure...

Sue...sorry to hear about your work

evelyn I try to get something out to you this week

stephanie...when you get it done it will be fabulous!!

I've decided to make doilies and neck pillows for the ladies at BINGO at the local nursing home. I talked to several residents and staff and that is what we have come up with. I was thinking 6-10 inch doilies for their water pitcher or nick-nacks and various colors of neck pillows.....any other ideas???

[quote=smith;2237990

I've decided to make doilies and neck pillows for the ladies at BINGO at the local nursing home. I talked to several residents and staff and that is what we have come up with. I was thinking 6-10 inch doilies for their water pitcher or nick-nacks and various colors of neck pillows.....any other ideas???

what about walker or wheelchair bags?

Walker bags are really easy! I actually made up my own pattern and it worked out really nicely. (unfortunately, the pattern isn't written up, otherwise I'd send it your way!)

Thanks ladies. I'm not really sad about putting him down, it was best. We have to do what is needed even if its not a happy ending. :(

I did get to sew today. Just posted pictures of my new bag in Show and Tell (other crafts).

We have been quiet lately. I plan on sewing a bag today. I cut it out Wed, but didn't feel up to sewing afterwards. We've been getting in lots of turtles at work. Our first boat hit of the year came in yesterday and our first car hit (gopher tortoise) came in too. The gopher was too severely injured so we had no choice but to euthanize. My boss had me do it, my first one. I hope to be my last, but I doubt it. It was the best thing we could do for the poor guy. :(

awe that's so sad :( I lost all my sewing stuff somehow, and of course I have a pair of pj pants that need fixed now. Figures :lol I'll find them they have to be somewhere! I've just been spending more time around the apartment lately getting it spring cleaned. Did our bedroom today even re arranged it and organized the closet. That was a task. But I Like it loads better now. :D

I talked to activity aides and several residents and these are what they are requesting at this time. There is a lady who does various small bags and others who crochet up blankets and such. There is very few those use walkers so walker/wheelchair bags are of no use.

oh sue....................:(:(:(

:hug

:heart

:mug

have you settled in yet?? I thought you were having another moving adventure...

Sue...sorry to hear about your work

evelyn I try to get something out to you this week

stephanie...when you get it done it will be fabulous!!

We did move almost a year ago. But we're staying here another year at least. So I'd say we're settled in :lol

SUE!!! I need tha list! :rofl

And I thought I missed my demanding Melissa with her being quiet...NOT! :rofl

Sent! :)

oh sue....................:(:(:(

:hug

Thanks Tammy! How's Ken? When you coming to visit??? Yes, its all about me. :lol:hug

Thanks Tammy! How's Ken? When you coming to visit??? Yes, its all about me. :lol:hug

hey sweetie.............. Ken is hangin' tough.. .he starts his 3rd round of chemo today... so pray for a good week for him. We were just taking about you and visiting. I told Ken how I was so bummed I didnt get to see you at Christmas (not that it could be helped... but still bummed) and he said that he was thinking maybe we could take a quick trip over the summer. Man would that be cool..... but worse case... we ARE coming for Christmas! :yay!!! and it is all about you... :D why not... needs to be about someone ... right? :lol

OOOPS! Sorry Melissa, you are not the one who is moving....glad you are doing well though! LOL! Chalk it up to lots of cold medicine.....

hey sweetie.............. Ken is hangin' tough.. .he starts his 3rd round of chemo today... so pray for a good week for him. We were just taking about you and visiting. I told Ken how I was so bummed I didnt get to see you at Christmas (not that it could be helped... but still bummed) and he said that he was thinking maybe we could take a quick trip over the summer. Man would that be cool..... but worse case... we ARE coming for Christmas! :yay!!! and it is all about you... :D why not... needs to be about someone ... right? :lol

Prayers being sent for Ken and a visit from you all! :)

OOOPS! Sorry Melissa, you are not the one who is moving....glad you are doing well though! LOL! Chalk it up to lots of cold medicine.....

I think you're thinking of Erin (sweetpossibilities). :think

i also posted this in another thread, but just really really need you guys to pray for me.....

Lets just say I had a rough weekend and had to get a rx for something I can get over the counter , but cant afford the $50 to pay for it w/o ins. sooooo yeah....

But Im ok, no big issues other than that , So :hug to all of you and please keep some fingers and toes crossed for me that i dont end up with a bun in the oven..........

i also posted this in another thread, but just really really need you guys to pray for me.....

Lets just say I had a rough weekend and had to get a rx for something I can get over the counter , but cant afford the $50 to pay for it w/o ins. sooooo yeah....

But Im ok, no big issues other than that , So :hug to all of you and please keep some fingers and toes crossed for me that i dont end up with a bun in the oven..........

Oh sweetie........... :hug:hug:hug

you can bet I'll pray for you!!!!!!!!!!

I think you're thinking of Erin (sweetpossibilities). :think

Yep! Anyone heard how she is getting along?

:hug I'mmafreak....hang in there!

Finally finished my list!! The last four are going out tomorrow, I think. If I did forget/skip you please let me know and I will get one in the mail.

someone is getting demanding about people coming to visit her :hook lol

Archived