Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to the dr this morning. The tooth on the left side perforated the sinus cavity and apparently the packing made things worse. About 75% of the pain was relieved by removing the packing, but I have a bad sinus infection. I got antibiotics and more pain meds. I go back on the 30th unless I need to go in sooner.

:turtle:vheart

Yep! I was so happy to move away from all that mess...but the downside is having to TRAVEL in it instead! LOL

My fam and friends have been keeping me updated on things, and I'm definitely not looking forward to the weather up there. The GOOD thing, though? One of these trips I'll have to stop by and say hi to anyone that's relatively close to the K'zoo/GR area :D

Unfortunately I live on the other side of the state :(.

Sue, I hope you feel lots better soon.:hug

I have been working everyday, I am so tired but it is a nice place there. I really like it.

I kinda hate to ask this since I haven't been participating. I have made a few friendship squares but don't know when I'll get them in the mail.

So what I'm asking for is 12" squares for a comfortghan for my 10yo great niece, Caroline, in pink, purple, white, cream...solid or any multi or combo, any pattern. Her mom, my 47 yr old niece, passed on 12/18. She is my sister's daughter, they live in Florida, I live in Michigan and am not able to travel.

I started a thread in the Comfortghans section of the forum and also want to make ghans for Caroline's 2 cousins. The info is in the thread.

Thank you very much. Please pm me for my address. :hug

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. :hug

I kinda hate to ask this since I haven't been participating. I have made a few squares but don't know when I'll get them in the mail.

So what I'm asking for is 12" squares for a comfortghan, any color(s), any pattern. My 47 yr old niece has glioblastoma which, from what I've read, is the most aggressive form of brain cancer. She has rapidly deteriorated within the last month and now has maybe 2-3 days left.

She is my sister's daughter. They live in Florida, I live in Michigan and am not able to travel.

She has a 10-yr old daughter that I will make the ghan for. If I get enough squares, I'll make one for my sister & her husband. Then if I still get enough squares, I'll make one for her sister who is 2 yrs younger.

My niece's name is Cheryl.

Her daughter is Caroline.

My sister & brother-in-law are Juanita & Conley.

Cheryl's sister is Donna.

The family's faith and trust is in God alone and He will see all of us through. We know that Cheryl is going home to be with the Lord. Still, we will appreciate all prayers for the strength and comfort that only God gives.

Please pm me for my address. Thank you. :hug

p.s. I will be starting a thread in the Comfortghans section of the forum as well.

Im not sure if I had posted that my kids' school had called me to let me know that they (and my 3 yr old nephew) had been "adopted" for Christmas.

I dropped off a Christmas Card at my kids' school this morning for the members of the LRL (Lemay Retirement Lodge) and also for all the volunteers that helped them with the kids gifts for taking the time to get the gifts and wrap them.

The lady in the office, whom Ive know for 17 years since we moved into this house is a wonderful lady. She is the one who called me to let me know that the kids were put on the list for the Christmas gift program. When I handed her the card for the members/volunteers of the LRL she smiled and said that it would make them all very happy because they hardly ever get a card or letter thanking them for all that they have done for the families.

I just wish that there was something more that I could do to thank them. They dont have a mailing address that anyone at the school could give me and I cant find them online anywhere..... The most I can do now is to PIF somehow. I have a phone number for one of the members who had called me. That may be my only way to find out where they are located. My mom wants to join them bc of what all they have done for my family. She was even in tears when she see how much they had dropped off. Not only did they bring gifts for my 3 kids, but they also collected for my 3 yr old nephew .

I hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, or what every Holiday you and your Family celebrate, and Also a Safe and enjoyable New Years.

P.S. Im sorry if I misspelled the holidays, I can be a terrible speller sometimes :hug

Thank you so much for your prayers. My niece passed the afternoon of 12/18. The family is all doing well considering. Our faith in our God is rock solid and we all know & believe she is now with God in heaven. :hug

And what a wonderful thing the retirement lodge did for your children and nephew.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. :hug

Im not sure if I had posted that my kids' school had called me to let me know that they (and my 3 yr old nephew) had been "adopted" for Christmas.

I dropped off a Christmas Card at my kids' school this morning for the members of the LRL (Lemay Retirement Lodge) and also for all the volunteers that helped them with the kids gifts for taking the time to get the gifts and wrap them.

The lady in the office, whom Ive know for 17 years since we moved into this house is a wonderful lady. She is the one who called me to let me know that the kids were put on the list for the Christmas gift program. When I handed her the card for the members/volunteers of the LRL she smiled and said that it would make them all very happy because they hardly ever get a card or letter thanking them for all that they have done for the families.

I just wish that there was something more that I could do to thank them. They dont have a mailing address that anyone at the school could give me and I cant find them online anywhere..... The most I can do now is to PIF somehow. I have a phone number for one of the members who had called me. That may be my only way to find out where they are located. My mom wants to join them bc of what all they have done for my family. She was even in tears when she see how much they had dropped off. Not only did they bring gifts for my 3 kids, but they also collected for my 3 yr old nephew .

I hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, or what every Holiday you and your Family celebrate, and Also a Safe and enjoyable New Years.

P.S. Im sorry if I misspelled the holidays, I can be a terrible speller sometimes :hug

How wonderful!!! :hug

Thank you so much for your prayers. My niece passed the afternoon of 12/18. The family is all doing well considering. Our faith in our God is rock solid and we all know & believe she is now with God in heaven. :hug

And what a wonderful thing the retirement lodge did for your children and nephew.

I'm so sorry Jeannie!! :hug

After Christmas I'm going to get back to making squares, so I will make some for your comfortghans!

To those who have finished friendshipghans/comfortghans--what do you usually do for the edging on your squares? I was just going to do one round of sc on each square, and then do a bigger border (like scallops or something) around the outer edge of the blanket when it's done.

Jeannie, I am so sorry to hear about your niece! Keeping you and your family in my thoughts...

ImmaFreek, that is wonderful!

Hope you're all doing well - I may not be on much for the next week or so because we're making the long trek up to MI tonight. Crossing my fingers that the drive goes smoothly tonight and that the kids sleep through the night!!!

Hello! I hope everyone is having a good week and is finishing up their Christmas shopping! I'm always a late shopper (on purpose) so I just finished up today, and boy am I glad! Traffic and lines were starting to get a little out of hand! The weather here is supposed to be getting nasty tomorrow evening so I hope those of you who are travelling do so safely!

Finished up my shopping too...can't wait for Christmas morning!

Mandymae - For my brother's comfort-ghan I added borders to each square to make them all the same size, then did a few rows of border around the entire afghan using dc. I think for my friendship ghan I will do something more "interesting"...haven't decided what though. I am still collecting squares, so I still have time to make up my mind.

Merry Christmas everyone!

To those who have finished friendshipghans/comfortghans--what do you usually do for the edging on your squares? I was just going to do one round of sc on each square, and then do a bigger border (like scallops or something) around the outer edge of the blanket when it's done.

I did a round of sc in the border color, then a round or 2 of sc on the whole thing. :)

I did a round of sc in the border color, then a round or 2 of sc on the whole thing. :)

Okay, good deal! I was originally going to do two rounds of sc border on each square, and when I really started to think about it, I realized that it would take me FOREVER to do that on 30 squares!

Okay, good deal! I was originally going to do two rounds of sc border on each square, and when I really started to think about it, I realized that it would take me FOREVER to do that on 30 squares!

I had 35 squares to put together, that's why I recommend edging them as they come in! :lol

I had 35 squares to put together, that's why I recommend edging them as they come in! :lol

I definitely took your advice! I try to edge a square or two a day and it makes things much easier. I'm going to pick a color and work on edging my friendshipghan squares after I'm done with my mom's comfortghan.

Archived