I just love pineapples! Edited to give link to pattern.

Kathleen

How many balls did you use? 20 like it says in the pattern? And what was the yardage on the balls?

Sorry for the repeated questions, but I'm trying to work out how much I will need, as we don't get the same brands here....:think

Thanks again!

How many balls did you use? 20 like it says in the pattern? And what was the yardage on the balls?

It was probably about 20 balls.. I'll have to check on the yardage.. I'll get back to you.

Wow Kathleen!! I :manyheart that pattern, and you really did a great job with it. I love pineapples, too. They are super easy and fun, and you don't get bored with them. One week, though? Want to finish up my pinappe poncho for me? I've got something like 5 more rows left, and those are the longest 5 rows of my life. :blush It's taking me forever. I've got to finish it, though. I have some fun fur to put on the hem, so that's something even more fun to look forward to.

I've got something like 5 more rows left, and those are the longest 5 rows of my life.

ROFL-- Isn't this true of nearly every crochet project.. by the time we're down to our last rows, we want to be finished--doggone it!:ohdear

• 7 months later...

I love pineapples, too! In fact, every time I find a pineapple pattern book, I seem to find it coming home with me.:D

They can be difficult, tho', depending on the pattern. I'm currently working on a pineapple and popcorn doily using 30 thread...the pineapples are made up of popcorns! The texture is amazing!

BTW...I loved the tabletopper. It seems, however, that most of them are round. I have found some square or rectangular patterns (which usually require crocheting billions of motifs that are put together [argh!], but nothing in oval...I love OVALS!):laughroll:heehee

That is so pretty... What size thread did you use and what size needle? I cant imagine making one that big... WOW:hook

Wow, one week? I wish I had a round table, all's I got is a big oval one and I haven't had the heart to make one.

Thanks for posting, you are an inspiration! Maybe I will tackle an oval tablecloth!

Thanks for reviving this thread!

I've been wanting to try pineapple crochet!

I've only done a little with thread, but I do like it! Now I need to find a smaller beginner pattern.

Archived