Homespun Afghan (edited w/ better photo)

snbunch

I made this afghan with Lion Brand's Homespun & a pattern on Lion Brand's website. It is actually going to be used as a blanket for my 3 yr old step-son. We only get him during the summer, and he stays with his mom in Pennsylvania during the winter (brr!!) so I wanted it to be warm more than decorative. It is not perfect by any means, but it is my first large piece & it took a lot of work (done entirely in sc - agh)

afghan2.jpg

Love the pattern, and totally admore your patience *g* I couldn't do a whole blanket in sc! My hubby wants one for when he goes back to sea, that gives me over a year and a half... I might just be able to do it rofl. I can only work in sc for very short periods of time (think minutes!) before I am bored silly and pulling my hair out lol

Homespun isn't all that hard to work with, it's soft as can be :c9 and quite thick. I made the cape and cloche from their site and they recomended an H hook, but I had to go up to a K or something like that, maybe even an N (I'd have to look it up and it's after 1AM already) Once I got the hook size worked out it went pretty smoothly, and I am in love with my cape, can't wait till it's cool enough to wear it *g*

Hey, that's nice. How'd you like working with the Homespun? I want to make this one, but I've heard Homespun can be tough to deal with:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/chs-hexagonAfghan.html

Homespun is one of my favorite yarns to work with. Working into the starting chain can be a pain, because it's hard to see the stitches, but once you get going, you get used to it & it gets a lot easier. When making the beginning chain, make it a little bit looser than normal, and even that goes smoothly.

Thanks for the compliments everyone :)

Archived