Three (million) Cheers for Amy and Donna!!

Been thinking about the HUGE step that Donna and Amy are taking by letting independent small craft businesses advertise here in Crochetville for free. This had to be a major decision for them to make, but its one that will have a very real positive impact, not just in the Crochet arts but on communities in general! Crochetville is not small. Exposure through this forum is REALLY significant, and profits that are increased through advertising here go directly into communities where a little extra revenue is sorely needed.

I'll be the first to credit folks in Crochetville with encouraging me in my little hook making business. And I'll bet there are lots of others who could say the same. And now? All us "little guys" are getting another leg up, with Amy and Donna's hugely generous change of policy. What a place, this Crochetville!!

A very grateful

Jimbo

I agree totally with you JImbo...

Donna and Amy have generously thought of all of us members here that are either starting a small bussiness or already have one established and well even though we all crochet here and some even knit as well not all of us can crochet everything and in all fibers medias either so this is a great way for us to help each other out in every means that we can..

So Again and again and again .....THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart Donna and Amy..

You are the best .....

hugs

Lillibet

Hip hip hooray for Amy and Donna! :cheer

My business is small and I don't sell tons of patterns. What money I do make from the patterns I buy more patterns with so this is awesome! Not only do they help me out, but also help out the designers I spend my profits on!

:turtle:vheart

An interesting and really pretty amazing thing about this is that it gives very early entrepreneurs a start.... folks who can't afford advertising, but who need exposure for their business to grow. Who knows? Maybe the next JoAnns or CC will get their start right here, and in no small part, due to this policy decision.

:yay

What a great decision made to help small businesses! Amy & Donna are angels to do this. As well as all the other things mentioned--it will show people here businesses that they may not have known about without the ads.

I agree - this is such a generous decision by Amy and Donna!

I've retreated from the Crochetville community for a while because I felt that I didn't have much to contribute any more without breaking the rules - I couldn't post pictures of any of my finished projects in case I decided to make them into a pattern at a later date. I'm really happy to be able to return to the community (I've missed all the kind words and friendliness here!) without having to watch what I say in case it could be interpreted as advertising.

My business pretty much started in the first place thanks to the support and encouragement I received here. I'm sure there are other small biz owners who can say the same. And now newer small businesses will also have the same opportunities I had back in 2007 when I was just starting out! This is going to be really great news for a lot of people :cheer

I've retreated from the Crochetville community for a while because I felt that I didn't have much to contribute any more without breaking the rules - I couldn't post pictures of any of my finished projects in case I decided to make them into a pattern at a later date. I'm really happy to be able to return to the community (I've missed all the kind words and friendliness here!) without having to watch what I say in case it could be interpreted as advertising.

My business pretty much started in the first place thanks to the support and encouragement I received here. I'm sure there are other small biz owners who can say the same. And now newer small businesses will also have the same opportunities I had back in 2007 when I was just starting out! This is going to be really great news for a lot of people :cheer

ME TOO, on all points!! It'll be great to be here without worry about advertising because I sell from my blog! And even as small as my business is, it wouldn't even be here if it weren't from the kind folks in this very forum! I think we'll have lots of folks migrating back now.

You speak for a lot of us. Well said.

• 3 weeks later...

I am touched by the thoughtful comments in this thread. You are all very welcome, and a big, hearty THANK YOU back at ya!

You're absolutely right, Jimbo, on many counts. This was indeed a major decision for us. It's one that was on our minds for a long time, and it felt so right when we finally made the change.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this, June! I hope we see a lot more folks like you returning to the community. And I hope to see many new members joining who feel the same support and encouragement for their indie biz as you did back then.

It is very encouraging to get such positive feedback. Thank you everybody!

HI, this particular subject doesn't invlove me in any way other than I had to say it's so nice to hear of somebody in your position helping out the small business people out there - so well done ladies :cheer

Can someone direct me to the rules? I'm having issues today....lol

The rules for talking about your business? Right here.

I'm also very glad to see how happy everyone is about this recent change. We are so happy that we're now able to let our members share about their indie businesses with other members. You can never know about too many patterns, hook, or yarn, can you?

Archived