Show and Tell- Crochet Hall of Shame

Hello y'all! I don't know how many of you are on Ravelry, but they have a section called "Ugh's!"- it's basically the place to put all your big crochet/knit boo boos (and some doo doos). One of the thing I love about Crochetville is the beautiful eye candy. However, what about the not so beautiful eye-sores that we all have created? (Yes- ALL- admit it and be proud!)

I did a blog post on this on my blog (here) that showcases some of my very early crochet horrors work, but thought I'd kick it off with the second hat that I tried making.

It's supposed to be a beautiful, girly cloche. Instead, I call it my Head Eating Blood Clot.

post-22851-135897511978_thumb.jpg

It's HUUUUGE! Here it is eating my Watermelon Hat:

post-22851-135897511991_thumb.jpg

I think my thought process went like this:

Hmmmm…..homespun yarn would make a GREAT feminine cloche. Just follow this pattern with the wrong yarn and the wrong hook….guage, what? Can’t be bothered.

This was the second hat I ever attempted. It was the last time I tried homespun. It would be frogged, if some NASA scientist can figure out how to frog homespun. My sister says it reminds her of the metal helmets like John Smith wears in Disney's Pocahontas. What was I thinking??

How about you? Lets see those projects suited for the Crochet Hall of Shame!

I like your red hat :yes

here is an ugly granny square scarf I made a few months ago. The colors looked pretty when they were still in a ball, but once it was all stitched up, oh, im afraid I wont be wearing this scarf too often.....

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/4301539837_164ebbf463.jpg

I like your red hat :yes

here is an ugly granny square scarf I made a few months ago. The colors looked pretty when they were still in a ball, but once it was all stitched up, oh, im afraid I wont be wearing this scarf too often.....

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/4301539837_164ebbf463.jpg

I think that scarf is pretty!

how do we get to the Ughs on rav?

Archived