Dishcloths of 2010 CAL.....

teakaycee

RecycleCindy- that is a very ingenious scrubber you made along with the cloth!

I'm leaving the tags on for a while so I can admire them for a while more before I separate the piles for their different functions...they're all so pretty and so different.:c9

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:yay............... I'm so glad the package made it safe and sound Judy!!!! :hug

Enjoy my dear! It was so fun getting all the cloths and putting the box together for you!

:heart

:mug

Here are a couple of dishcloth sets that I have started on - notice I'm only partially done with one knitted one...I'm such a slow knitter :lol

[attach]24884[/attach]

[attach]24885[/attach]

WOW....... those are awesome Heather!!!!

So..................... giving thought to another game.

here's a list of ideas:

1) bingo

2) Round Robin

3) gifts of charity

4) swapping with a partner

5) another round of surprise gifting like we just did.

Whatcha all think?

Here are a couple of dishcloth sets that I have started on - notice I'm only partially done with one knitted one...I'm such a slow knitter :lol

[attach]24884[/attach]

[attach]24885[/attach]

Those are really nice!

Thanks...btw: what is the learn to knit afghan in your signature?

It's an afghan made using this book. It is meant to teach you how to knit, starting from the basics and moving onto more complex techniques. I've made 34 0r 35 sqaures so far and have made it through the cable section.

There are quite a few finished ones pictured on Ravelry.

It's an afghan made using this book. It is meant to teach you how to knit, starting from the basics and moving onto more complex techniques. I've made 34 0r 35 sqaures so far and have made it through the cable section.

There are quite a few finished ones pictured on Ravelry.

Oh, my gosh...I must have that book! The afghan is gorgeous...thanks for the info!

tested for CroJulee............

Pineapple Parfait

[ATTACH]24929[/ATTACH]

Very pretty!!

I think it might be fun to do some sort of mystery swap.

That could be fun...but I don't need any more dishcloths:lol

Tam

I think the Bingo and the Partner Swap would both be fun. We could probably do both at once,since dishcloths are so quick to make .

It'd be fun if you picked our partners,and made it like a mystery - we would know who we are sending to, but they dont know who is sending to them til it arrives .

Heather -

They are all pretty, but the greens caught my eye the first thing. SO pretty !

Thanks Julie...

Micheals is having a sale tomorrow, so I am going to pick up some more cotton - I want to make some more dishcloths for our next game, and my MIL liked the ones I made her so much that she is already talking about having me make more so I might pick up some yarn for her as well :lol...

Yep Heather

It sounds like you have quite the waiting line for dishcloths, os you better get a big old pile of cotton so you wont run out .

The photos of the last ones you did -- for the green,was it a self-striping type ,or just variegated ?

I like the way the colors showed on it .

Yep Heather

It sounds like you have quite the waiting line for dishcloths, os you better get a big old pile of cotton so you wont run out .

The photos of the last ones you did -- for the green,was it a self-striping type ,or just variegated ?

I like the way the colors showed on it .

Sugar & Cream Stripes

When I was looking for sock yarn last week so I can try to make a pair, I saw some cotton so I toss it in a basket. Then the more I looked, the more I found. I thought I also only had two balls of some weirdly ugly dark purpley sock yarn, turns out I have enough to probably make 8 pairs of socks in all kinds of colors. Why in the world do I have that much? I have no idea. I used to needle knit, now I loom knit, but even back then I could not manage socks well.. so I don't know why I'd buy it nor do I know why I bought such bleh colors. I think my vision was not so good then, and it's much better now! I can see colors properly a lot easier most days. So maybe I thought they were brighter at the time haha.. but wow they're just.. meh. I asked my husband and a neighbor too, to make sure it wasn't my eyes again.. they both are like "Eh.. it's not really you-type-colors. Too dull." haha

Plus, I have a bad habit of buying a skein of Peaches/Sugar n cream when I'm out too or if I order online at a craft site. I had just ordered 2 or 3 skeins that very week too. I think oh it's only 1.50 or 2 bucks that's okay haha. Also thinking "Oh, I'm low.. I'll get a skein!" because all I see is a couple balls in the one basket and a couple cones that are getting low. Or I say to myself, "Wow that is pretty, my mother in law will love a cloth made of that!" Whoa, I have a lot of cotton as it turns out. It's kind of shocking to me. I told my husband try to remind me that I do not need more cotton yarn, unless it's a color I don't think I have hahaha.

We was at Walmart and he goes "oh hey, I think you're low on washcloth yarn, wanna get some?" haha.. funny guy. Everyone around was staring at us as we laughed like nerds. If it was self striping, I would have got some though haha

Archived