is it just me??

whenever my pattern calls for 2 strand yarn, my hands & wrists really hurt! i've just about decided to stay away from this. just wondering if anyone else has this problem?

I made a Christmas rug several years ago that required multiple strands of yarn and it really bothered my hands and wrist. That is probably the last one of that type I will be able to make. It's just too hard to hold 2-3 strands together. Am I just getting older!!!???

I use two strands of Simply Soft now and then, but two strands of worsted weight is too much. I like using two strands of size 10 thread. Maybe we are the Goldilocks group, not too thick and not too thin. ;)

It is common to hurt using double stranded worsted weight or thicker. You not only have to adjust to big hooks, but puullllliiinng those big sts through. You think in your mind that you ought to be able to work as fast and efficiently, but you can't. Relax, work slower, and work less time at any one sitting. I always have a couple smaller alternative projects on hand when I do double stranded work. That way, I can switch at any time.

When I was making a large, double stranded tote for one of my sisters for her birthday, I started weeks ahead on purpose. I figured out how many rounds I planned to do, and how many days I had to work. By doing only 2 rounds per day, I was finished well ahead of schedule, and that included the edging and a big flower for the front. My hands and arms were not stressed at all.

Archived