7 ft long scarf and hat

Aelita

I just made this set for a good friend of mine. She wanted a wavy 7 ft long scarf in hot pink, gold and white and a slouchy hat. It was a first on both for me. The wavy pattern I learned from this lady on youtube she had a video which was awesome. The hat I got as a free pattern on Ravelry. My friend was so excited when I gave it to her she put them both on right there. The scarf took me a while b/c I never made one before and the hat was pretty easy. I meant to do the hat in the same pattern as the scarf but messed up but she didn't care she was too excited to care.

post-4232-135897495013_thumb.jpg

post-4232-135897495014_thumb.jpg

:ty for sharing. Wow, that is a long scarf but it is very pretty. I love the color combination. I think the cap looks great with the scarf. You did a very good job. It sounds like your friend was really pleased with the set. That's the best compliment in world.

You did a great job on both pieces! I love the colors together! :clap

I had to smile when you said that your friend was too excited to care that you didn't make the hat in the same pattern as the scarf. Isn't it a great feeling when your work is appreciated that much by someone? I love that! When I make something with someone particular in mind, THAT'S the reaction I'm looking for when I give it to them. That's just the best feeling! :c9

Thanks for the compliments everyone and yes Elle it made me feel great to see her reaction. She came up to the pizza place where I work and she used to work and when I was handing her the bag she was jumping up and down like a kid in a candy store lol. She sent me a pic of her at her campus with her in her hat and scarf. She says she gets lots of complimenst on it and that makes me feel even better.

Archived