2010 Weight Loss CAL

Tia

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tralee...:clap great job! Have you had to buy new clothes yet??

Tia....:eek how wonderful!! I am glad this is working for you!! Are you use to giving yourself shots yet?

I am down too....I have had the nastiest bug, finally started antibiotic yesterday. I am 6 pounds away from my Oct 28th goal!!! I so can do this! I have to buy new scrubs, my old ones hang off me. :c9

smith - yes the shots are a breeze, either I don't feel it at all or I feel it go in but it doesn't hurt. Only one time I hit a vein - stuck it in and "oh that one hurt a bit" but still not much and it only bled about 2 drops and left a nickle-sized bruise, no biggie.

I'm so glad I'm doing the shots. The drops can taste bad if they have alcohol in them. If there is no alcohol in it, it has to be refrigerated. They have to be taken 3x daily, holding the drops under the tongue 5-10 min. and you can't eat 30 min. before or afterward. Sounds like a pain to fool with to me. Takes me about 3-4 min. to give myself my shot before bedtime.

If anybody wants to 'talk' with others about this, there is a great forum at http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums . I'm there as Tia.

tralee...:clap great job! Have you had to buy new clothes yet??

Tia....:eek how wonderful!! I am glad this is working for you!! Are you use to giving yourself shots yet?

I am down too....I have had the nastiest bug, finally started antibiotic yesterday. I am 6 pounds away from my Oct 28th goal!!! I so can do this! I have to buy new scrubs, my old ones hang off me. :c9

I haven't bought new clothes yet because I already had some smaller sizes that I had outgrown. You're doing great with your goals. I set a total goal, but didn't think about breaking it down. Good idea!

:jumpyay Happy Sunday!!!! :jumpyay

How was everyones week??

I'm down 3.5 to goal...I was 2.5 yesterday....Still battling this stupid cold....

I had a pretty good week. It's a struggle trying to be creative with such a restricted list of foods to work with. The hcgdietforum mentioned Miracle Noodles, calorie/fat/carb free. But I can't find them in the stores around here, might go into No. VA to look there. I DID find the Walden Farms dressings, also calorie/fat/carb free. Got the blue cheese, can't wait to try it. They are in the produce aisle with the refrigerated dressings.

Overall, I've lost 11 lbs. in 14 days and lost over 13"...:yay

Tom might stall my losses for this coming week though. :blush

I didn't read through this entire thread, so sorry if this idea has been brought up before. Rather than crocheting a certain number of rows or whatever for each pound of weight lost , I decided that I would allow myself to buy one skien of yarn for every pound I lose. This reward system has been working well for me, and I just wanted to share in case anyone else found it beneficial.

Susan and Teresa~ you are doing great! Way to go!

I weighed in yesterday and am down 1.2 pounds for a total of 13.2 in 6 weeks! Hubby was so happy for me that he got me 3 skeins of yarn today.:clap

Welcome Sharon! Yarn is always a good motivator!:manyheart

Yay tralee, great job! :bounce

I've been thinking about it for a while and I've decided that I want money for my accomplishments! :lol I want a delta trike like this one. They aren't cheap, but I've seen some used ones on craigslist. I'll sock away $3 for ea. lb. I lose, plus a quarter for every 10 min. of exercise I do and I should have enough for a trike by the time I lose all the weight. Then I'll ride the trike to help keep the weight off. :yes

Tia, that's a great idea and an awesome looking trike. I would like one of those old granny-looking tricycles myself.:lol I saw them when we went to Florida over the summer and thought they were just for me.:D

Tia, that's a great idea and an awesome looking trike. I would like one of those old granny-looking tricycles myself.:lol I saw them when we went to Florida over the summer and thought they were just for me.:D

You mean those that looks like a bigger version of a child's tricycle? (one big front wheel and two little back wheels) Those can be top heavy and tip over easily if you aren't careful. I was thinking about them too, as they are much cheaper, until I read that. You might look into the trikes that are more like a bicycle with an extra wheel in the back, they are longer, the front and back wheels are almost the same size and they might not be as top heavy. Do lots of research and test drives.

The ones that I saw had all big wheels and a big storage basket on the back. They used them for the housekeepers at the place where we stayed and my mom said that all the "old folks" have them at the retirement community where she lives. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for the advice.:hug

Well, I'm back. :hook

I went to see the Dr yesterday and was told that I had better get serious about losing weight. Not next week, either. :sigh

I was told to pick a diet plan and do it. Period. Weight Watchers was her recommendation, and as it's the least expensive and I've done it before, I guess I'm back on WW. :P

My goal is 88.5 lbs. I still have 8 months until DD's high school graduation, so it's feasible that I could lose most of that by then. So today is the first day of the rest of my life, right?

Good luck happy stitcher! I'm here with you! Do you have any exercise plans? I am loving Leslie Sansone! She really keeps me motivated.:cheer:manyheart

I can't do most of those plans because of knee problems. But I'm going to go back to the gym and see about doing upper body and waist exercises. I can suck in several inches in my waist, so that means if I tone up my waist a bit, it'll at least LOOK better! :lol

most gyms have a personal trainer, it may be worth it for a day or two a week...

the trike is a great idea if you have a place to ride it! Quite a few places are changing old railroad tracks into bike/walk trails

I have been snacking on that fudge....:blush It's soo good! I can feel the sugar rush through my veins....LOL! I have to get moving and I am hoping to get rid of the excuses in a few weeks when I start day shift!

Happy Stitcher - Welcome back!! :hug

I can fit into smaller size jeans!! Yay! :yay I decided to try them on before going shopping today and they fit. It's fun to go clothes shopping in your own closet.

Smith - I can take the trike around the lake down the road. I live near the C & O Canal trail (an old tow path, packed gravel) that runs along the Potomac River. There is also the W & OD trail near D.C., a little bit of a drive, but not bad. It's a paved, converted railroad track. But it's not safe to go on that one alone. And the closest is a paved bike trail that runs along a nearby highway, but it doesn't have any shade to speak of. So I've got plenty of options including riding around some of the neighborhoods around here.

My biggest problem is there aren't any bike stores around (within an hour and a half drive) that carry those, so I don't have any way of test driving them unless I see one in the paper or on craigslist and I'm not ready to buy yet.

Tia~hurray for you! You go girl!

Here's a link to the type of trike that I want. I'm not sure if I prefer the schwinn or the trifecta, but something of that nature anyway. I have a regular bicycle that my sister gave me years ago, but I just don't care to ride it. We'll see if I ever get one of these. I just can't justify spending the money on me when one of my boys is looking at colleges and another one is desperate for braces.:(

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Schwinn-Meridian-3-Wheeled-Adult-Trike-Dark-Cherry/12016722?findingMethod=rr

OOPS!

HEEHEE, it's been a long day.:blush Added the link.

Oh, yes, I'm familiar with this bike. The Schwinn's are lovely aren't they. Both of these bikes also have lots of reviews at amazon, or at least the schwinn does. I considered the schwinn myself as well. But it is a large, heavy bike and I believe it needs a special kind of bike carrier. But if you live in an area where you can just open your garage door, and away you go, then that's not an issue. I needed to be able to take my bike to the trail. The kind I want is lighter and smaller and will fit in the back of my suv.

Archived