2010 Weight Loss CAL

Tia

Weekend went very well for me....but I am up 3 pounds....that makes 6 until the end of the month. We went to a friends house and the bottle + of wine didn't help things. Did have lots of fun though....:yes

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today was my weigh in. Down another 1.6 pounds!:clap I've broken into the 120s finally!:cheer We had a great weekend. On Saturday my youngest son had a practice tournament for placement in the real tournament next Saturday. He took first place. I am so happy for him. He is only 6 and has a real passion for karate. Then we went to the McQuaid Invitational to watch my 16 year old son race. He is a senior this year. He got his PR of 17:51 for a 5K!:cheer A great time and lots of walking for me.

Susan, I'm glad to hear that you had a good time with your friends. Sorry about the gain, but you shouldn't be too concerned. Things can change alot in a week.:yes:cheer

Susan - I had a 2 lb. gain myself. I drank extra water today and I hope that gain will be off in the morning. Not sure what caused it...tom? It's almost over...the face cream I used last night? It didn't list any oils in the ingredients, just a bunch of chemicals, mabe one of those was an oil. Hugs :hug.

Tralee - Yay! That's great to hear. :yay

I'm excited, my last injection for round 1 is tomorrow, then 3 more days of the low calorie diet and I can move into phase 3: maintenance. I've gathered some recipes that I can make then and I've got a grocery list going of foods that I can start working back into my diet. I plan to start round 2 the end of Nov.

I weigh on Fridays. I can't remember when we said we'd report weights together, but since I received my stern command from the Dr on a Thursday, I officially started WW on a Friday.

I'm doing pretty well, I think.....I've been eating below my points each day, and sticking with the plan. I haven't even had any Coke since starting. I know I can have some if I work it into the points, but I'm SUCH an addict that it seemed better to just cut it out completely at least for awhile.

I didn't get any breakfast this morning because of an early morning appointment, and then I treated DD and her friend to lunch. I planned ahead, though, and knew what I was going to order. I still have plenty of points for the day and I haven't touched my weekly extra bonus points, so I'm good. I'm wary of going out to eat, but if I can find the nutritional info online and plan ahead, I'm much more comfortable with it.

Anyway, I guess it's going well so far! I know what I need to do, and the Dr made it clear that I can't keep putting it off. It also helps that I have DD's HS graduation to consider at the first of June. So I'm sticking to the plan and I'll weigh on Friday! :yes

happy stitcher~ I'm the same way about eat out. I have to find the facts online or I don't want to go. It's amazing what some of the places serve, some up to 1600 calories for one meal! Be careful everyone.:eek

I lost that 2 lb. gain plus 1 more lb.!!!:yay I go on maintenance Fri. and my sister is taking me out to eat for my birthday, which was weeks ago but she's over an hour away and it just worked out that way. Anyway, I went online and checked out some menus. It was hard because of my diet restrictions. But I can make it work out. I love the internet! :yes

:bounce I'm down 4 lbs for week one! That's not as much as I'd hoped, but it's certainly a start. I was hoping that the first week would be at least 5 lbs - what with losing water weight and all - but 4 lbs is a good start! I know I can't expect to lose 4 lbs a week all time, but it sure would be nice! :yes

I've been eating Greek yogurt and blueberries for breakfast, but I'm out of the yogurt this morning. :( I'll have to pick up some today. Instead I had egg whites on a 1 point English muffin.

I have a busy day today! Everybody have a good one!

Happy Stitcher - Yay!!! :cheer:yay:cheer That's awesome, keep it up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today I've officially finished Round 1 and start maintenance (meaning I get to eat a wider variety of fruits, veggies & meat, still no sugars or starches). Going from 500 cal. per day to 1500. I'll maintain this weight for two months before starting Round 2.

Round 1 Stats:

Weight lost - 18 lbs.

Inches lost - 19.5

Pant Size - one size smaller :woo

Well I've decided I don't want to wait 2 mos. between rounds. I've decided to go a bit off protocol and try cycling. This is where you do shorter rounds of hCG and maintenance and you skip the breaks in between.

I ordered more hCG last night and will start round 2 sometime this weekend when it comes. This way, I figured, will be the best way to get through my upcoming trip to see my mom, Thanksgiving weekend and Christmas week without having to be on the 500 cal/day diet (I'll be on maintenance those times).

Cycling doesn't mean you lose weight faster, but the shorter rounds means less time on the 500 cal/day diet and maintenance in between which has a much wider variety of foods and higher calories. Hence, it's easier mentally. That 500 cal/day is very hard to do for a long stretch of time.

Maintenance is going well for me. I stabilized with no problem and have stayed within 1 lb. give or take. If my next round of supplies comes in time, I'll start again this Fri. or Sat.

I'm not looking forward to 500 cal. days again, but it's so much fun seeing the scale go down at least .5 lb. on most days, sometimes more.

:thair I started stress eating last night....dh and I have to make a big decision on our oldest puppy whether or not put him down. We have been talking about if we are being cruel to keep him alive with meds and looking at his quality of life. We have a vet appointment today.....

:thair I started stress eating last night....dh and I have to make a big decision on our oldest puppy whether or not put him down. We have been talking about if we are being cruel to keep him alive with meds and looking at his quality of life. We have a vet appointment today.....

Susan, I'm so sorry to hear you are going through that. Sending hugs and prayers your way.

:jumpyay:woo:jumpyay

the vet told us we were doing great and upped some of his meds, as long as he is still enjoying the little things

Good morning! I'm back on the hCG, I gained a bit at first, but then lost that plus .5 lb.! It's so good to get back to losing again.

The only thing is that this time I'm trying the sublingual drops (under the tongue) and I hate it. So I hope I can get through the next 12 days okay.

tralee......:cheer great job!!! You are half way!!

Tia.....deep breath "it' only 12 days, it's only 12 days" Congrats on losing again!!

I'm sitting right there at 173....I have 3 pounds to lose in 7 days to make goal. By the New Year I want to be right there just below "overweight" on the BMI. I guess I am going to have to rev up my treadmill....

Hi all!

I'm glad to see everybody is sticking with it!

I've had a couple days that threw me off, but I just keep getting back up! A Dr told me once that the trick is not to stay on plan all the time, but to get back on plan as soon as possible. He said that as long as you diet more than you splurge, you're still going to come out ahead. That made good sense to me, so I haven't beaten myself up about my slips. I'm just making sure I get right back to it. Life has a way of getting in the way of best laid plans, you know? :shrug

For example, DH invited me to lunch yesterday, and I ordered tostadas. I thought that would be a pretty good choice....but I got home and realized it wasn't such a good choice after all - even though at this particular restaurant it was the best I could do. So I had a really light dinner, and I'll be extra careful with my points for as long as I can until something else happens to throw me off. :P

Tina, I just really don't see how you manage those 500 calorie days! I'd be miserable. But I'm very glad that it's working for you! :cheer

Tralee, congratulations on beating that half-way point!

Susan, You can do it! :dog (there's no treadmill smiley :lol)

Archived